IPhone 6: reviews and first impressions

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414269266.533484.jpg
This battery life is already quite impressive. Pretty much constant screen on use. What is more impressive is that I was literally on mobile data for ALL of that time, my brightness would've been half to full to cope with sun, I was using Google maps all day for directions, I was constantly switching between apps and tasks AND my camera was open for ages throughout the day, ready to take a quick photo. I was doing a silly challenge with my friends that involved taking photos of certain things, and navigating to places...this phone was literally perfect for it. And the battery lasted right until I got home! So happy with it. And the camera was so great too.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Now that I think about it, my battery life is pretty good. I am in bad signal. and as you can see, I was playing madden, watching YouTube, and watching videos stored on my device. Plus checking plus, fb, Instagram, and tapatalk. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414273511.690944.jpg

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
What kind of batter life are you getting? I'm at 28% right now with 5 1/4 hours of usage and 7 1/2 hours of stand by. This is the best I've gotten out of my 6 since I got it Wednesday.

Here's my usage (I used my Air 2 a lot today so this may not be the best example)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1414306513.440505.jpg

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had my iPhone 6 space gray 16GB for 5 days now. I am extremely happy with it. Just holding it in the hand is a joy. Love the screen. Battery life is amazing too. Everything is super fast, especially amazed at how fast the camera is, noticeably faster than my iphone 5s was. The new apple keyboard is great too. Its learning words pretty fast and gives intelligent suggestions. So far, i dont feel the need to install a third party keyboard at all. All in all, my best phone ever!! :)

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6 is definitely a champ! But I do have one gripe with it, it's too slippery! Especially for someone like me who hates putting on cases. Already had more than a couple of times when I almost dropped the device

TCfromKY

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
After having been an Android user (Samsung Galaxy S4) for the past two years, I was stoked to hear about the new larger screen iPhones coming out and couldn't wait to ditch my SGS 4 for a new iPhone 6! I've had my new iPhone 6 since August and have been completely satisfied with its performance. I was waiting for Apple to come out with a larger screen iPhone and when the 5S came out, I was disappointed that it didn't have a larger screen. I chose the silver, 64 gig iPhone 6 to replace my SGS 4. I'm thrilled to be back with Apple and iOS!

John Collette

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Just migrated over from android. So far glad I did. Reasons? Finally Apple kind of stopped being Apple and listened to its customers. A little bit anyway. Bigger screens finally!!!! Took long enough. I love the performance. My 128gig iPhone 6 absolutely flies and handles anything I throw at it effortlessly. Also the 64 bit processor helps. Even though it doesn't impress on paper. I still love the customization of android and definitely still prefer the OS but the performance of my iPhone is unrivaled. Only thing I am NOT impressed with (coming from the full HD AMOLED display of my galaxy s5) is the screen. Dull colors and pixelated to me. 9 out of 10 from me.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just migrated over from android. So far glad I did. Reasons? Finally Apple kind of stopped being Apple and listened to its customers. A little bit anyway. Bigger screens finally!!!! Took long enough. I love the performance. My 128gig iPhone 6 absolutely flies and handles anything I throw at it effortlessly. Also the 64 bit processor helps. Even though it doesn't impress on paper. I still love the customization of android and definitely still prefer the OS but the performance of my iPhone is unrivaled. Only thing I am NOT impressed with (coming from the full HD AMOLED display of my galaxy s5) is the screen. Dull colors and pixelated to me. 9 out of 10 from me.

The dull colors are probably just the initial shock from switching from AMOLED to IPS LCD. Samsung REALLY saturates their displays, that's for sure. :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I intended to buy both the 6 and 6 Plus since they were announced. I got the 6 Plus on launch day and purposely waited to get the 6 in about a month's time so I could use the Plus exclusively. I got a 6 a couple of days ago but just started to use it last night. Just a few little points

- Initially it is easy to see the difference in resolution from the Plus after using it for over a month. That has wore off already. It's a great screen.

- One-handed use. You really don't realize how much you took one-handed use for granted until you use a phone like a Plus. The 6 is just as easy to use one-handed as the previous gen iPhones were.

- The curved edges on this makes it feel more comfortable in my hand than a 5/5S. Without sharp edges, it's actually easier to control.

Just a couple of quick things since I haven't really used it for even a day yet.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
By the time I get mine in January, no one will care about my review! It will be old hat by then and the talk will be about 6s rumors. :(

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I intended to buy both the 6 and 6 Plus since they were announced. I got the 6 Plus on launch day and purposely waited to get the 6 in about a month's time so I could use the Plus exclusively. I got a 6 a couple of days ago but just started to use it last night. Just a few little points

- Initially it is easy to see the difference in resolution from the Plus after using it for over a month. That has wore off already. It's a great screen.

- One-handed use. You really don't realize how much you took one-handed use for granted until you use a phone like a Plus. The 6 is just as easy to use one-handed as the previous gen iPhones were.

- The curved edges on this makes it feel more comfortable in my hand than a 5/5S. Without sharp edges, it's actually easier to control.

Just a couple of quick things since I haven't really used it for even a day yet.

Do you think it will become your daily driver, or will you stick with the 6+?

rapha194

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a doubt.
If I buy the iPhone 6 and restore as new, as I have to recover my settings thousands of words on my keyboard?

I've been adjusting and adding words from the iphone 5 and have many words, abbreviations, accents etc etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods