Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Why do they skip the quality Control for Iphone 6? Maybe should have waited a couple of months before i bought it :(

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Agree. Just schedule an appt with them and walk in and they'll take care of you. I've not had an issue with their customer service at all, especially with something still under warranty. They won't let you exchange for a different color or size but they'll certainly replace them if they're defective.

It's not that easy. I don't live anywhere near an apple store so doing it over the phone is the only way. And the last two applecare reps i talked to were so inept at their job and not accommodating at all. i must live in one of the only cities without an apple store

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Guys I've found a bit of a bug I think. Not sure if it's iPhone 6 or iOS 8.1 but hopefully someone can confirm if they have the same issue?

If you go into contacts and edit one and tap on the contact photo and choose Take Photo when the camera screen appears the word "Auto" on the top left is missing most the the "A" off the edge of the screen. Anyone else got this?

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1414448606.970525.jpg

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is likely more of an iOS 8 (or older?) bug than iPhone 6, but..

Copy+Paste. Anyone else having issues with this? A friend mentioned that C+P between apps was very buggy on his iPhone 5, so I tried it on my 6 and am finding that, in many instances, I have to repeat the C+P process twice before I get the proper content to copy over. Otherwise, most of the time, whatever Pastes is from an earlier Copy operation.

i.e. earlier if I'd C+P'd "123", and I try to Copy "abc" and paste it, the first time I'll get "123" again, 2nd time I get the "abc".

Weird one, eh?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Definitely weird. I copy/paste all the time and I haven't noticed any problems.

Yeah me too I use it daily and have never seen an issue with C+P.

As for the Auto hanging off the screen this only affects iPhone 6 and to some degree the 6 Plus. I've tried it in a 5 and it doesn't happen. It might well be iOS 8 but as it only affects iPhone 6 and 6 Plus there's no way of telling.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Can i try to replace my iphone 6 at a verizon store since i don't live near an apple store? or can this only be done at an apple store? apple doesn't want to seem to swap it out. i don't know if other people just get lucky and talk to the right person or what but they tried to charge me $820 for a replacement yesterday when i called. or should i break the phone on purpose and use one of my applecare replacements?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can i try to replace my iphone 6 at a verizon store since i don't live near an apple store? or can this only be done at an apple store? apple doesn't want to seem to swap it out. i don't know if other people just get lucky and talk to the right person or what but they tried to charge me $820 for a replacement yesterday when i called. or should i break the phone on purpose and use one of my applecare replacements?

I think you need to swap it where you bought it. So if you bought at Verizon I would go there, but if you got it at Apple I doubt VZW would help unless you have their insurance plan.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
doesn't matter what the issues are, i've explained them to apple reps a number of times and i've tried all the fixes so it's definitely the device. a new one just popped up today. i was wiping off the screen with my shirt and the screen kept turning off and on like i was on a call

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Haha yeah sounds like you've got a dud iPhone. If it's anything like the UK the carrier stores just tell you to take it back to Apple. Might have to bite the bullet and make the journey to an Apple Store even if it's a long drive it's the only option you have really.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it's a hardware issue. But my 4G and LTE speeds have been terrible since the updates to IOS 8. When I first got the phone, my speeds were lighting fast, faster than my wi fi connection in fact. Now since updating videos I watch on safari are laggy , buffer constantly and takes forever to watch a two- three min video. Webpages in general also load up super slow. I am on AT&T in the U.S so it could be something on their end or a hardware issue. Should I just exchange for a new phone?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Haha yeah sounds like you've got a dud iPhone. If it's anything like the UK the carrier stores just tell you to take it back to Apple. Might have to bite the bullet and make the journey to an Apple Store even if it's a long drive it's the only option you have really.

I'm too lazy to drive all that way for another phone that might have the same problems or worse. I guess I'm just stuck with this one. I learned my lesson, I will never buy a day one iphone ever again. worst experience i've ever had with an apple product by far.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
The thing is if you take it to Apple they will replace it for another day one iPhone. The iPhone's they use to exchange are not normal stock items and are called service grade which just means the "can" have reused internal parts but with a month old model they will all be brand new devices BUT they get sent the devices separately and are kept out back for exchanges meaning they're not replaces daily like normal stock. You will likely just get exchanged for another iPhone that has been sitting out back since day one also! This might be the case for the next few months until they run out of exchange stock and get new exchange only shipments. I exchanged my launch day iPhone 6 the other week about a month after launch and the one they gave me which she unwrapped in front of me had iOS 8.0 and by this stage we were a few days away from 8.1 so this might not fill you with confidence in afraid mate.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i have an issue where sometimes i try to wake the screen up it won't turn on. it happens both with the lock button and home button. i have to press it a second time to finally wake up the screen. this probably happens to me at least once a day. it's like the phone doesn't register the button press or something. i thought this used to happen on my 4S occasionally too

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that occasionally it doesn't produce sounds? As in if I take a photo it makes no shutter sound so I take another and then the sound plays! Same with the lock sound, now and then it doesn't sound when I lock so I unlock and relock and it then plays!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit