Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
The volume on my phone when I make calls is very low. It's so low that I can barely make out the sound of a ringing phone on the calls. I can't hear the other when the call goes through. It's ridiculously low. I've tried the fixes in the thread below to no avail. Help!

Do you have the plus? Try moving the phone/ear speaker over your ear. Because they're a bigger phone, I've noticed I'm used to the edge of the phone resting on a certain part on my face. So it was quite at first. Just needed to move the phone so I wasting covering the speaker with another part of my face. ;-)

classc1

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm extrememly embarrassed to say that...I still had the cover on my phone which is why I couldn't hear :eyelashes: LMAO I'll just go to a quiet corner now.

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Had my phone replaced today to find the replacement had a hair sticking out between the housing and screen. Pulled that out, then found dirt on the white plastic between the screen and metal housing, and a smudge on the back right over the charging port.
Should've asked for another one but there were no defects or damage so I just took it and left. The dirt wiped right off anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to replace this one in a month or so anyway...

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
That would be nice. I was downloading an app, and the WiFi (not my iPhone) decided to shut off. It then proceeded to download an app and use up a bit of my data without me knowing. A feature like that would be nice.

Yeah had that happen also! Plus I've noticed that if I reboot the iPhone there's a second or two before it reconnects to my wifi and in this time it's used 1MB of mobile data!? Haha.

I turned my mobile data off today as I'm home all day and on wifi. I decided to check whether visual voicemail still works with mobile data off. I left myself a voicemail and although I had the red dot in the phone app I got no notification and going into the voicemail "app" just said turn on mobile data. So I did for a second so I could listen to check my voicemail was ok and just the 5 second testing 123 voicemail I left claimed 5MB of data! Haha wtf!? Seriously think I'm idling at around 50MB per day at the moment and that's at home on wifi all day so dream to think when I'm out all day!

Agreed this is down to various apps and settings I have but it's he same apps and settings I had on my iPhone 5 so I'm really lost! When I upgraded I changed price plans as the lady on the phone at EE said I only use about 50MB of monthly data on average! Eek now I'm using that per DAY!!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Going to hold on to my rock solid iPhone 5. Signal is poor on the IP6 , lots of dropped calls and I too have this wireless issue where a reset network settings resolves. Finally. Hairline scratches already in the glass? Really. It's sure pretty to look at but build quality and Radio spec I think are in question for me.

I had a hairline scratch in my 5 almost from day 1. Screen protector made it invisible.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is an issue with iOS 8 or the iPhone 6 but my push emails are not working. When I go to the mail app I get the emails by fetching. I did not seem to have this problem when I installed iOS8 on my iPhone 5s. A few days ago I removed my email addresses and re added them and it seemed to work for a day and now the push emails are not working again.

Gmail?

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble backing up from the cloud? My sister does the iCloud back up since her laptop isn't working. When she backs it up not all of her photos are on her phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble backing up from the cloud? My sister does the iCloud back up since her laptop isn't working. When she backs it up not all of her photos are on her phone.

IMore reporting iCloud down for some.

anon(4782771)

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is an issue for everyone, but I noticed that the vibration on the 5S was a lot stronger than the 6. I used to have the cover on the 5S and still heard it when on my desk, but with the 6 I could hardly hear it. Anyone else noticing this?

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I called apple support today they told me to take mine back to bestbuy and swap out for a new one. My problem is it locks up 2-3 x a day and I have to do a hard reset and also the wifi and Bluetooth connections suck to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
So I've discovered my second iPhone 6 has light leak through the mute switch and the top of the display is dimmer/warmer then the rest. It's not horrific but it's annoying me and IDK what to do at this point whether to learn to live with it or go gamble again.

sonianetty

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I would assume if you delete from your phone it shouldn't delete from your Microsoft account. However I may be completely wrong. To be safe I would just copy and paste all the contacts (hopefully you don't have hundreds) and just enter them manually. Again, you would only have to do this once.

yes it worked for me

thecellphoneguy

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So I've discovered my second iPhone 6 has light leak through the mute switch and the top of the display is dimmer/warmer then the rest. It's not horrific but it's annoying me and IDK what to do at this point whether to learn to live with it or go gamble again.

Take it back I had the same issue with light leaking through the mute switch. Eventually dust will enter through to the LCD . The genius associate at Apple said a bad batch of iPhones have this issue and they will exchanged it

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Take it back I had the same issue with light leaking through the mute switch. Eventually dust will enter through to the LCD . The genius associate at Apple said a bad batch of iPhones have this issue and they will exchanged it

That's probably what I'm gonna do. thank you.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
omg my screen just turned blue and reset. what is this? now i'm really going to exchange it. has anyone had this problem before?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
You can do this easily enough yourself. Not the alert but you can switch cellular data off when you're at home. That will accomplish the goal of not using the mobile data allowance due to dropped wifi.

Yes I know but rather than remembering to turn it back on again and off again each time you arrive or leave it would make perfect sense to have an alert that you are switching from wifi to mobile data and will not continue until you agree which in most cases will mean the wifi connection and it router will suddenly reconnect and the device will revert back to wifi anyways.

Whilst turning mobile data off does prevent using mobile data at home it is quite a pain remembering to toggle it as soon as you arrive or leave...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh