Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, mine has been disconnecting from wifi all day and now I can't even see any wifi networks. I'm in a high-rise apartment and there are usually 20+ networks in range. Just tried restarting and can't see any. Might try reseting network settings.

To follow up, resetting my network settings has seemed to get wifi working normally again... for now.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My stopped going to landscape. Hard reset fixed. But I'm not happy with it. Brand new phone and already having issues. I might make a genius appointment.

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Going to hold on to my rock solid iPhone 5. Signal is poor on the IP6 , lots of dropped calls and I too have this wireless issue where a reset network settings resolves. Finally. Hairline scratches already in the glass? Really. It's sure pretty to look at but build quality and Radio spec I think are in question for me.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Resetting network setting helped my phone and my daughter's phone a lot. I did lose wifi at work for a while today but I can't say it was the phone because my wifi at work does get wonky on occasion. It's been working fine at home. I'm really glad too, because I was getting ready to throw in the towel and return the phone. Now I can deal with the other little glitches until iOS is more polished.

I also got my car bluetooth to connect finally! We'll see if it reconnects automatically next time I get in my car. That's not a deal-breaker for me though. I can wait patiently for an update for that. It was the wifi thing that was driving me bonkers because I didn't want any overages as a result of dropping wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Start checking your mute toggle switch. Mine had light leakage from the LCD when I switched it to mute. I made a genius bar appointment early this morning. Sure enough, the Apple associate confirmed the issue and immediately replaced it. But now the replacement has the same issue! Setup another genius appointment for this Friday morning LOL

Could you provide a picture?

thecellphoneguy

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Could you provide a picture?

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of it. I did receive another replacement this morning and it is a good one The apple rep said a bad batch must of gone out. He said I'm not the only one with the light leakage from the mute/ringer switch. He dealt with an individual early in the week with the same issue. Nonetheless, I'm a happy camper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

classc1

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The volume on my phone when I make calls is very low. It's so low that I can barely make out the sound of a ringing phone on the calls. I can't hear the other when the call goes through. It's ridiculously low. I've tried the fixes in the thread below to no avail. Help!

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know when app developers plan to update their apps to support the larger screen in better quality? I remember when the 5 came out, it was pretty quick. Now it's so slow.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know when app developers plan to update their apps to support the larger screen in better quality? I remember when the 5 came out, it was pretty quick. Now it's so slow.

It?s an app-by-app, developer-by-developer thing. Some are out, and I am sure many are working on it, but it will take time for them all to hit the App store. Patience, young grasshopper.

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone seems to have developed a dead pixel. This is the third time I've had an iPhone do this. Off to the Genius Bar I go...

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
the other day my camera wouldn't work. It just showed black and no my finger wasn't covering it. I had to do a soft reset to get it working again. Hopefully this is just an iOS 8 issue.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post this. I thought it was just an issue with my Wi-Fi, but every other device can access it with no issues.

Same here, occasionally I notice I've dropped to 4G and even a toggle takes it a couple of minutes. What's worse is I've moved to a new carrier (EE) and only have 2GB of 4G data per month and for the past week since getting my iPhone 6 on launch day and obviously joining my new provider I've used 377MB of 4G data and the phone has never left my home wifi as I'm at home recovering from surgery and haven't been outside! That's a considerable amount of my monthly allowance when I should never have left my Wifi connection! Never had this issue on my iPhone 5 with the same router!

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
2 hours 14 minutes use, 4 hours 14 minutes standby and at 40%.
3 hours use and 8 hours 9 minutes standby, and at 29%
3 hours 11 minutes use and 7 hours 12 minutes standby and at 9%
3 hours 48 minutes usage and 10 hours 29 minutes standby at 31%
5 hours 10 minutes usage and 11 hours 51 minutes standby at 20%.
(These are all with 40% brightness and only 1 or 2 open background apps)

I feel my battery is not as good as it should be. When I'm using apps, such as camera, safari, games, my phone heats up within 10 minutes of use most of the time. I've never had a problem like this on my iPad Mini. I've left games, many apps in the background for 2 weeks and the battery was still at 48%. Should I go to a genius bar for this problem?

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The volume on my phone when I make calls is very low. It's so low that I can barely make out the sound of a ringing phone on the calls. I can't hear the other when the call goes through. It's ridiculously low. I've tried the fixes in the thread below to no avail. Help!

Mine is like this too. In fact I lose all sound. It when I need to put it on vibrate and back on sound. My music even wont play.
Come to think of it, I believe this started when I updated to 8.0.2. Hmmmm

Last edited:

Natt Moore

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm really loving my iPhone 6! However, I noticed one little bright white dot near the center of the screen (off center to the left). At first, I kept wiping it thinking it was on the surface. Surprisingly it seems to show up more with a white background, I can't see it with a dark or black background.
Anyone else seeing this?

I am, but on the right hand side of my screen halfway up

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I really hope Apple add some kind of functionality where you can turn on a prompt when switching from wifi to mobile data. For instance with this wifi issue of the iphone 6 randomly dropping wifi it would be great to be able to turn on a safety net feature whereby changing from wifi to mobile data alerts you that you are changing to mobile data and do you wish to proceed? It won't start using mobile data automatically and with this setting ON it will wait for you to respond to the prompt. You can turn this off when away from home but if you're home for s period you can turn it on to ensure you don't unnecessarily use your mobile data allowance due to dropped wifi connections.

Sorry I went into one a bit here! Haha

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I really hope Apple add some kind of functionality where you can turn on a prompt when switching from wifi to mobile data. For instance with this wifi issue of the iphone 6 randomly dropping wifi it would be great to be able to turn on a safety net feature whereby changing from wifi to mobile data alerts you that you are changing to mobile data and do you wish to proceed? It won't start using mobile data automatically and with this setting ON it will wait for you to respond to the prompt. You can turn this off when away from home but if you're home for s period you can turn it on to ensure you don't unnecessarily use your mobile data allowance due to dropped wifi connections.

Sorry I went into one a bit here! Haha

That would be nice. I was downloading an app, and the WiFi (not my iPhone) decided to shut off. It then proceeded to download an app and use up a bit of my data without me knowing. A feature like that would be nice.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
It also drops Bluetooth or mine does I can be connected and get a phone call when I answer. I have put them on speaker and cut my Bluetooth off and back on again to connect them

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is an issue with iOS 8 or the iPhone 6 but my push emails are not working. When I go to the mail app I get the emails by fetching. I did not seem to have this problem when I installed iOS8 on my iPhone 5s. A few days ago I removed my email addresses and re added them and it seemed to work for a day and now the push emails are not working again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro