Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought a few cases. It seems each case comes to close to the side of the screen making it difficult to drag app icons to different pages. Difficult not impossible.

The easiest way to move icons is by taking the icons off the dock putting the ones you want to move on the dock switch screens and place them

Jambon3

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having general networking issues. If the phone switches to LTE then sometimes it won't switch back to wifi at home. And my LTE peformance is absolutely miserable (<1Mbs) which might be a weak signal (two bars?), but why it won't switch back to wifi I don't understand. I can try to use Control Center to toggle WiFi but to no effect. Then I have to reset network settings for a temporary fix. This is by far the most serious issue I'm working through.

More minor issues are that the Facebook "Update Contacts" feature to get photos synced to contacts is not working. Apple said that this might be in Facebook's court which sounds plausible. Also battery life is a definite concern but may just be a part of me using it so much right now. And finally, Spotlight is not defaulting to my Swiftkey keyboard which is set to first in my order and respected by other features.

I'm desperate to get the networking issue sorted out because the camera has exceeded my high expectations for it and totally justified the purchase. But the networking issues are a killer right now.

Edit: You can ignore my comments about the slow LTE. I used up all my high-speed bandwidth for th first time in my life. Just in time for my new iPhone! The rest of the feedback remains valid though.

Last edited:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Haha noticed that the FCC labeling was a little off-axis on the back. Oh well, I have a case so I won't notice and it doesn't affect performance so it's no biggie :)

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Does the 6 rotate? I t hought that was just the 6+ because mine doesn't rotate either! My phone also was getting hot, hoping it was just because it was downloading apps and working hard.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I fixed it by resetting the iPhone and then setting up as new instead of using my back-up from my 5c.

I'm hoping they push out an update to iOS 8 that fixes this. I REALLY don't want to reset my phone. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So I did a backup to the cloud and then did a complete reset to see if would fix issue then when tried to restore it said the restore was corrupt. Never had that happen before. Thankfully had most of my stuff saved other places so I set up as new phone. Then took a few hours setting it back up and still have the issue people say sound scratchy and breaking up on calls. NOT GOOD! Apple you're better than this,

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting any notifications except for messages and phone. My apps for some reason will not send any notifications. I can't figure it out.

tobey74

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple on some support page have written that with the newer batteries used in electronics we do not need to let them drain completely before recharging. Infact we are advised to do quite the opposite and not let the battery die completely before recharging.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it’s an iPhone 6/6 Plus issue - probably more of an iOS 8 issue.

I’ve noticed that when I double tap the home button to get to the App Switcher, you can no longer change the screen orientation. If you enter the App Switcher in portrait mode, you cannot go to landscape mode. If you enter the App Switcher in landscape mode, you cannot go to portrait mode. You have to exit the App Switcher before the display rotation occurs.

It’s not necessarily even a problem, more of an observation. FWIW, I did see some issues with the screen getting wonky when doing the in App Switcher screen rotation as late as Beta 5. Perhaps it s just easier to restrict the orientation than kill that bug.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
When I tap the camera icon in the messages app, the messages app crashes. Anyone else have this issue.

I killed the app and it still happens. I end up having to open the photos app, find the photo, copy it, then go back to messages app, and paste it in the message. Really annoying.

nicnoc

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Top and bottom dark patches with a couple brights spots in between. Visible on white background. There is a small thread about it in the apple support communities from others.

Thanks I'll go have a look. Just interested to hear what people think the cause is and whether it's something that will clear up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro