Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble with wifi every once in a while. I'm running IOS 8.1.1 but have been having the problem since I got the device. It is really weird because it will work perfectly than just drop and won't connect for a while

This is a massively reported issue and there's a bunch of topics on here about this already. If it helps I had this issue on my 6 from launch day and I swapped it at the Apple Store about 3 weeks later and although the night I got home it happened it hasn't done it since really. I've had the odd time where I've noticed on the Lockscreen it displays 4G instead of wifi and I've unlocked and wifi appeared but nothing like previously when only a reboot would enable it to display wifi networks and connect!

mlo22

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My first iPhone 6 had a ding inside of the camera lens 😔 (brand new, out of the box). My 2nd iPhone 6 was great! And then the screen stopped responding at the top & bottom after 2 days. 😔had to go back to apple & have the screen replaced. Other than that no software issues. Amazing phone! Had great customer service both times..

rickbrown2

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I am really loving iPhone 6. No matter, whatever is the issue, it works really great. Whether you drill it or make a hole to it, but the best thing it is it will work flawlessly.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
This is a massively reported issue and there's a bunch of topics on here about this already. If it helps I had this issue on my 6 from launch day and I swapped it at the Apple Store about 3 weeks later and although the night I got home it happened it hasn't done it since really. I've had the odd time where I've noticed on the Lockscreen it displays 4G instead of wifi and I've unlocked and wifi appeared but nothing like previously when only a reboot would enable it to display wifi networks and connect!

Having the same issue as well. Do you think it's a hardware problem and should be swapped to get a new one or what?

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the Wifi issue as well. Please! Is there a temp fix for this? Will Apple release an update to get it fixed for once and all?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the wifi issue as well except when it happens to me I lose cell data also. I can make calls but if I try to use an app that needs data, the app won't work at all. The only way for me to fix it is to turn off the phone and wait a little bit or do a reset with the home and lock buttons.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Nabooy/ rewNATION

I had this same issue when I got my iphone 6 on launch day. Basically now and then it would drop wifi and revert to 4G. If I when into wifi settings and toggled wifi off and on it would just say searching... And not display any networks and I live in an apartment with dozens of wifi routers nearby. The only fix was a hard reboot like you say with home and sleep/wake together.

It would happen about twice per day and after a few weeks I was at the Apple Store with a family member and asked if the could fit me in. I told them what had been happening and they swapped it out for a new one. I was really happy and got home and restored my iCloud back etc and low and behold it dropped wifi again about 2 hours after I got home! I assumed it was then software related so decided to just wait for a fix. Weirdly it's never happened again and I'm not sure if it was an iOS update or an app update whereby an app was causing the issue I really don't know but it's not happening for me anymore and it's been nearly two months without a reoccurrence. I'd like to say a new iphone would fix things but I'm not entirely sure that is the case as it happened on my new one hours after getting home and never done it since. It's worth noting I tried everything including setting up as a new device and resetting network settings at various stages before and after that. Nothing made a difference and I'm on the same router and location I was when I had the issues so the only change really has been software related.

Hope this helps although I didn't really give you an answer haha

norma_rv

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the iphone 6 camera it looks like if I applied a watercolor effect. It looks really awful. Is anyone else having this issue?Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.22.21 PM.png

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Nabooy/ rewNATION

I had this same issue when I got my iphone 6 on launch day. Basically now and then it would drop wifi and revert to 4G. If I when into wifi settings and toggled wifi off and on it would just say searching... And not display any networks and I live in an apartment with dozens of wifi routers nearby. The only fix was a hard reboot like you say with home and sleep/wake together.

It would happen about twice per day and after a few weeks I was at the Apple Store with a family member and asked if the could fit me in. I told them what had been happening and they swapped it out for a new one. I was really happy and got home and restored my iCloud back etc and low and behold it dropped wifi again about 2 hours after I got home! I assumed it was then software related so decided to just wait for a fix. Weirdly it's never happened again and I'm not sure if it was an iOS update or an app update whereby an app was causing the issue I really don't know but it's not happening for me anymore and it's been nearly two months without a reoccurrence. I'd like to say a new iphone would fix things but I'm not entirely sure that is the case as it happened on my new one hours after getting home and never done it since. It's worth noting I tried everything including setting up as a new device and resetting network settings at various stages before and after that. Nothing made a difference and I'm on the same router and location I was when I had the issues so the only change really has been software related.

Hope this helps although I didn't really give you an answer haha

The funny thing is, people had this issue while on the 8.0.2 but when they've upgraded to the latest, they no longer face this again. Another funny part is, it seems to work on all Wifi/routers except the one I use in my room. Isn't this weird? Is it because iOS is not fully supported with access point? Yes, it's not a router actually. I got my connection using my access point which is directly taking from the main router and while I've checked the main router which is in my brother's living room, it works like a charm with no issues, disconnections or whatever!

I just hope Apple are aware of this situation and are working on new updates to fix the whole Wifi issue otherwise it would be a letdown to many people especially for those who have switched from Android to iPhone such as me!

Last edited:

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Technically it makes no difference connecting to an actual router or an AP. It's just a wifi connection that connects to the router and the router then assigns it an IP address and gateway among others. If this is a new AP then of course there's a chance it's not configured correctly but if it was working and now isn't and nothing changed on the AP side. My issue started the moment I got my first iPhone 6 on launch day and that was iOS 8.0. I updated to 8.0.2 and still had issues and then swapped devices for another iPhone 6 at the Apple Store and got home and two hours later it happened again but since that time it's never happened since! My issue might be different to yours although they seem similar mine refused to display wifi networks once the connection was dropped and I had to reboot the iPhone to get wifi networks to then appear in the list. If yours is just dropping the connection and then reconnecting it's likely a different issue. I would suggest assigning your access point a different wireless channel. If there's lots of interference from other routers or devices nearby operating on a similar channel number then like a crackling FM radio the iPhone will drop the connection because the signal will become distorted. Changing to another channel OR if set you auto channel then manually set it to a particular channel and test for a few days. I honestly believe this is your issue. It only takes someone nearby to install a new router or similar device on a nearby channel and all of a sudden your devices are slowing down on internet speeds and dropping connection.

The main router is probably either on another channel to the AP or is far enough away from whatever interference is causing the AP issue.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Technically it makes no difference connecting to an actual router or an AP. It's just a wifi connection that connects to the router and the router then assigns it an IP address and gateway among others. If this is a new AP then of course there's a chance it's not configured correctly but if it was working and now isn't and nothing changed on the AP side. My issue started the moment I got my first iPhone 6 on launch day and that was iOS 8.0. I updated to 8.0.2 and still had issues and then swapped devices for another iPhone 6 at the Apple Store and got home and two hours later it happened again but since that time it's never happened since! My issue might be different to yours although they seem similar mine refused to display wifi networks once the connection was dropped and I had to reboot the iPhone to get wifi networks to then appear in the list. If yours is just dropping the connection and then reconnecting it's likely a different issue. I would suggest assigning your access point a different wireless channel. If there's lots of interference from other routers or devices nearby operating on a similar channel number then like a crackling FM radio the iPhone will drop the connection because the signal will become distorted. Changing to another channel OR if set you auto channel then manually set it to a particular channel and test for a few days. I honestly believe this is your issue. It only takes someone nearby to install a new router or similar device on a nearby channel and all of a sudden your devices are slowing down on internet speeds and dropping connection.

The main router is probably either on another channel to the AP or is far enough away from whatever interference is causing the AP issue.

Actually, I have done that already and even changed both the channel and its frequency but still the same. I don't believe it's an issue with the AP or the main router. I definitely believe it's an issue with the software itself. Think of it, I had a Nexus 5 before this and it worked flawless without any dropping connections or slow browsing. Not just my Nexus, even my PS4 and laptop are connected on the wireless and they seemed to work on it fine. I just think the iOS software isn't fully supported on all routers/access points. Maybe there's a few tweaking needs to be done in future updates or something.

This is the current access point I am using.

Cisco WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point: PoE/Advanced Security Cisco Small Business Access Points - Cisco

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, and it may all be in my head, but my home button seems crunchy. If that makes sense...

Last edited:

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine gets really hot charging too but I haven't noticed any problems. Mine is in a wallet Tech 21 case which is pretty thick though.

I'm in the wrong thread, I have a 6+. I have mine in a tech 21 as well. I tried using different outlets in my home & it seemed to work for the most part. Still gets kinda hot, I stopped using it while charging.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234