Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

evornoss

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Why isn't there a facetime option in my shortcuts or in my contacts even though it is enabled?View attachment 71710View attachment 71711

I see that's a customer service number, which probably is not an iPhone, therefore, no Facetime capability.

If its a real person, a mobile number, Maybe the person doesn't have that number as Facetime reachable. Ex. If he/she only has the email for Facetime, the iPhone won't recognize that number as Facetime-reachable.

You can check your own to see what you have as recognizable for Facetime / iMessage:

1. Go to Settings
2. Hit Messages or Facetime
3. Check what's under "You can be reached by Facetime at:"

In order for the Facetime icon appear, that person has to have his number with a checkmark there. Same with iMessage. If that person only has an email for Facetime, you need to add that specific email to their Contact card under Contacts App.

Talk to that person to see what's up.

Hope this helps.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
IVE FINALLY SOLVED IT!!!

What you're not told is this

Handoff must be turned on for both devices.

Bluetooth must be on for both devices.

The most important thing they don't tell you is the device your wish to handoff from MUST have the email or message you want to continue with open on the screen! As soon as you minimise the app to the background handoff doesn't recognise! It only recognises IF you leave the original OPEN on the first device!

Finally working!!! Cannot believe it was something so silly! No wonder people think it's flaky as its only recognising when they leave the app open onscreen! This should really be highlighted by Apple under the handoff toggle button!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
IVE FINALLY SOLVED IT!!!

What you're not told is this

Handoff must be turned on for both devices.

Bluetooth must be on for both devices.

The most important thing they don't tell you is the device your wish to handoff from MUST have the email or message you want to continue with open on the screen! As soon as you minimise the app to the background handoff doesn't recognise! It only recognises IF you leave the original OPEN on the first device!

Finally working!!! Cannot believe it was something so silly! No wonder people think it's flaky as its only recognising when they leave the app open onscreen! This should really be highlighted by Apple under the handoff toggle button!

Apple tells you. It's right in this support document on Apple.com in the support section.
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6337

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've just read the whole document and nowhere does it say you must have the document or email/message open and visible onscreen for handoff to work?

"How to get started:
Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices.
Turn on Bluetooth on all the devices you want to use. Make sure your devices are near each other.
Connect all your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
Then, use one of the apps listed above on one of your devices.

On your second iOS device, swipe up from the bottom-left edge of the Lock screen, where you see the app?s activity icon."

If you follow this to the letter. It should be no problem. It says use one of the apps on one device then swipe up from on the lock screen on a iOS device.
If you close a doc or app you're done with it right? If your not done and still actively doing work you leave it open right? So work can continue on the other device.
If you think the directions are not clear send Apple feedback. But they do tell you how to activate Handoff.

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
When listening to music and visiting webpages on safari i have this odd disturbing clacking/pop sound in my music.
It only happens randomly for a half second when loading/refreshing a page.
If i just leave the music app open just for music there is no problems, so i have this problem only randomly when loading/refreshing a page on safari.

Oh and i tried chrome too, same problem.
And also for spotify.

Any one else have this problem or know how i can fix it?

I tried a hard reboot but it 's still there..

I get the exact same thing! I think it's an iOS bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the response evornoss. I think you are right. I was worried that there was some defect in my device! Relieved. Thanks a ton! :)

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
"How to get started:
Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices.
Turn on Bluetooth on all the devices you want to use. Make sure your devices are near each other.
Connect all your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
Then, use one of the apps listed above on one of your devices.

On your second iOS device, swipe up from the bottom-left edge of the Lock screen, where you see the app?s activity icon."

If you follow this to the letter. It should be no problem. It says use one of the apps on one device then swipe up from on the lock screen on a iOS device.
If you close a doc or app you're done with it right? If your not done and still actively doing work you leave it open right? So work can continue on the other device.
If you think the directions are not clear send Apple feedback. But they do tell you how to activate Handoff.

Yes but the key is for this to work the email/message MUST be open and visible onscreen. It doesn't actually say this is just assumes you will leave it open.

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question, does the iPhone 6 really bend? the 4.7 one. because I'm getting so paranoid that I might bend the phone while taking the case off and on. can someone clarify this??

byul

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I get the exact same thing! I think it's an iOS bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i still have it nonetheless, i already tried a reset as new again some several times now.
I think i'm going to get an exchange tho and are you going to get an exchange?, since we are the only two having this odd issue and nobody else
Meanwhile i will still try to see what i can do to solve this issue.

I'm having a headace today because of all issue on my iphone 6 this my iphone 5 whatsapp is someshow ruined.
I can't even restore my whatsapp because it is staying in a continious boot loop.
I gotta need to factory reset it now..without even losing my pictures, contacts because iTunes is having a free day off..

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick question, does the iPhone 6 really bend? the 4.7 one. because I'm getting so paranoid that I might bend the phone while taking the case off and on. can someone clarify this??

It won't bend, don't worry about it. As long as you don't sit on it in your back pocket or put large amounts of pressure onto it, it will be fine :)

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just started having another issue yesterday. I charge my phone every morning before work and it's usually around the same battery percentage when i plug it in. From doing this on a daily basis i know about where the battery life should be once i unplug it. yesterday it didn't seem to charge much at all for how long it was plugged in. but the weird part is that it sat on 83% for about six hours and didn't want to drop no matter how much i used it. apple ran a diagnostics test on it and didn't find anything wrong with the battery so now i don't know what to do with it. today it seems to be doing it again. also, lately i've noticed the phone seems to get warmer than usual around the camera area and i don't recall that happening before.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I just started having another issue yesterday. I charge my phone every morning before work and it's usually around the same battery percentage when i plug it in. From doing this on a daily basis i know about where the battery life should be once i unplug it. yesterday it didn't seem to charge much at all for how long it was plugged in. but the weird part is that it sat on 83% for about six hours and didn't want to drop no matter how much i used it. apple ran a diagnostics test on it and didn't find anything wrong with the battery so now i don't know what to do with it. today it seems to be doing it again. also, lately i've noticed the phone seems to get warmer than usual around the camera area and i don't recall that happening before.

Hmmm... my phone is operating normally; hope you find a solution.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Also, iMessages are sending from my email. Wtf??

Is this maybe because this is my first iPhone, and I usually send iMessages from my iPad and Mac with my email?

Unless you plan to use your email for iMessage, just sign out of iMessage. Leave it toggled on though. That way only your phone number shows. Alternatively, just uncheck all your email addresses in "send and receive". Top and bottom sections. Used to be you could leave email addresses checked in the top part. But iOS 8 seems to have messed that up. I've had some iMessages sent from my iCloud email address. I unchecked it in the top "receive at". Hasn't happened since.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Unless you plan to use your email for iMessage, just sign out of iMessage. Leave it toggled on though. That way only your phone number shows. Alternatively, just uncheck all your email addresses in "send and receive". Top and bottom sections. Used to be you could leave email addresses checked in the top part. But iOS 8 seems to have messed that up. I've had some iMessages sent from my iCloud email address. I unchecked it in the top "receive at". Hasn't happened since.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

If iMessages are sending from your email and not your number then it's likely it hasn't been activated on your iphone yet. Toggle iMessage off and on and if your phone number doesn't appear within the iMessage settings view then it might be something like a recent issue I heard about wind mobile or a Canadian carrier whereby their network is unable to receive the iMessage activation message and you have to use a website that spoofs a text message activation to get it working.

Budde2

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble with wifi every once in a while. I'm running IOS 8.1.1 but have been having the problem since I got the device. It is really weird because it will work perfectly than just drop and won't connect for a while

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711