Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 522
Like Tree85Likes
  1. #401  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by norma_rv View Post
    I'm having a problem with the iphone 6 camera it looks like if I applied a watercolor effect. It looks really awful. Is anyone else having this issue?Attachment 72755
    Looks like you had filters turned on when you took the picture.
  2. #402  
    norma_rv's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Thank you. Do have any idea where can I disable them? I've been looking but I can't find that option :/
  3. #403  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by norma_rv View Post
    Thank you. Do have any idea where can I disable them? I've been looking but I can't find that option :/
    Attachment 72788

    When you go to take a picture, check the symbol in the lower right. If it is colored rather than greytone, tap it and select the middle option which is no filter.
    norma_rv likes this.
  4. #404  
    Nabooy's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Nabooy/ rewNATION

    I had this same issue when I got my iphone 6 on launch day. Basically now and then it would drop wifi and revert to 4G. If I when into wifi settings and toggled wifi off and on it would just say searching... And not display any networks and I live in an apartment with dozens of wifi routers nearby. The only fix was a hard reboot like you say with home and sleep/wake together.

    It would happen about twice per day and after a few weeks I was at the Apple Store with a family member and asked if the could fit me in. I told them what had been happening and they swapped it out for a new one. I was really happy and got home and restored my iCloud back etc and low and behold it dropped wifi again about 2 hours after I got home! I assumed it was then software related so decided to just wait for a fix. Weirdly it's never happened again and I'm not sure if it was an iOS update or an app update whereby an app was causing the issue I really don't know but it's not happening for me anymore and it's been nearly two months without a reoccurrence. I'd like to say a new iphone would fix things but I'm not entirely sure that is the case as it happened on my new one hours after getting home and never done it since. It's worth noting I tried everything including setting up as a new device and resetting network settings at various stages before and after that. Nothing made a difference and I'm on the same router and location I was when I had the issues so the only change really has been software related.

    Hope this helps although I didn't really give you an answer haha
    The funny thing is, people had this issue while on the 8.0.2 but when they've upgraded to the latest, they no longer face this again. Another funny part is, it seems to work on all Wifi/routers except the one I use in my room. Isn't this weird? Is it because iOS is not fully supported with access point? Yes, it's not a router actually. I got my connection using my access point which is directly taking from the main router and while I've checked the main router which is in my brother's living room, it works like a charm with no issues, disconnections or whatever!

    I just hope Apple are aware of this situation and are working on new updates to fix the whole Wifi issue otherwise it would be a letdown to many people especially for those who have switched from Android to iPhone such as me!
    Last edited by Nabooy; 12-04-2014 at 05:45 AM.
  5. #405  
    Darran's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

    Default Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Technically it makes no difference connecting to an actual router or an AP. It's just a wifi connection that connects to the router and the router then assigns it an IP address and gateway among others. If this is a new AP then of course there's a chance it's not configured correctly but if it was working and now isn't and nothing changed on the AP side. My issue started the moment I got my first iPhone 6 on launch day and that was iOS 8.0. I updated to 8.0.2 and still had issues and then swapped devices for another iPhone 6 at the Apple Store and got home and two hours later it happened again but since that time it's never happened since! My issue might be different to yours although they seem similar mine refused to display wifi networks once the connection was dropped and I had to reboot the iPhone to get wifi networks to then appear in the list. If yours is just dropping the connection and then reconnecting it's likely a different issue. I would suggest assigning your access point a different wireless channel. If there's lots of interference from other routers or devices nearby operating on a similar channel number then like a crackling FM radio the iPhone will drop the connection because the signal will become distorted. Changing to another channel OR if set you auto channel then manually set it to a particular channel and test for a few days. I honestly believe this is your issue. It only takes someone nearby to install a new router or similar device on a nearby channel and all of a sudden your devices are slowing down on internet speeds and dropping connection.

    The main router is probably either on another channel to the AP or is far enough away from whatever interference is causing the AP issue.
  6. #406  
    Nabooy's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Technically it makes no difference connecting to an actual router or an AP. It's just a wifi connection that connects to the router and the router then assigns it an IP address and gateway among others. If this is a new AP then of course there's a chance it's not configured correctly but if it was working and now isn't and nothing changed on the AP side. My issue started the moment I got my first iPhone 6 on launch day and that was iOS 8.0. I updated to 8.0.2 and still had issues and then swapped devices for another iPhone 6 at the Apple Store and got home and two hours later it happened again but since that time it's never happened since! My issue might be different to yours although they seem similar mine refused to display wifi networks once the connection was dropped and I had to reboot the iPhone to get wifi networks to then appear in the list. If yours is just dropping the connection and then reconnecting it's likely a different issue. I would suggest assigning your access point a different wireless channel. If there's lots of interference from other routers or devices nearby operating on a similar channel number then like a crackling FM radio the iPhone will drop the connection because the signal will become distorted. Changing to another channel OR if set you auto channel then manually set it to a particular channel and test for a few days. I honestly believe this is your issue. It only takes someone nearby to install a new router or similar device on a nearby channel and all of a sudden your devices are slowing down on internet speeds and dropping connection.

    The main router is probably either on another channel to the AP or is far enough away from whatever interference is causing the AP issue.
    Actually, I have done that already and even changed both the channel and its frequency but still the same. I don't believe it's an issue with the AP or the main router. I definitely believe it's an issue with the software itself. Think of it, I had a Nexus 5 before this and it worked flawless without any dropping connections or slow browsing. Not just my Nexus, even my PS4 and laptop are connected on the wireless and they seemed to work on it fine. I just think the iOS software isn't fully supported on all routers/access points. Maybe there's a few tweaking needs to be done in future updates or something.

    This is the current access point I am using.

    Cisco WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point: PoE/Advanced Security Cisco Small Business Access Points - Cisco
  7. #407  
    kathycwm's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by lalo76 View Post
    Noticing the Iphone 6 getting extremely hot and battery drains rapidly.
  8. #408  
    kathycwm's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Having the same problem that my iphone 6 getting too hottt
  9. #409  
    Darran's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    My battery has suddenly started draining really quickly with the same settings and apps I've always had.
  10. #410  
    Smply_Rcklss's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    517 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Just received mine yesterday & its getting really hot from charging. Already tried a factory reset.
  11. #411  

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Mine gets really hot charging too but I haven't noticed any problems. Mine is in a wallet Tech 21 case which is pretty thick though.
  12. #412  

    Default Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Sometimes, and it may all be in my head, but my home button seems crunchy. If that makes sense...
    Last edited by mumfoau; 12-08-2014 at 06:19 AM.
  13. #413  
    Smply_Rcklss's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    517 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Septembersrain View Post
    Mine gets really hot charging too but I haven't noticed any problems. Mine is in a wallet Tech 21 case which is pretty thick though.
    I'm in the wrong thread, I have a 6+. I have mine in a tech 21 as well. I tried using different outlets in my home & it seemed to work for the most part. Still gets kinda hot, I stopped using it while charging.
  14. #414  
    Miska Hietala's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    I have had the heating issues too for couple of days. Last evening I had like 30 percent battery left. This morning I had 4 percent. Checked the battery stats and it told me that Safari and Phone was using most battery (32 and 35%).
    Now I'm having this phone in charge and in idle. Picked it up just to feel that it is hot from the back plate.
  15. #415  
    larryph's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    My wife and I use the family share feature on our iPhones. When I post a reminder to my fantastical 2 calendar the reminders stay exclusive to my calendar. When my wife posts a reminder to her fantastical to calendar it automatically defaults to the family share plan and shows up on my individual private calendar. No adjustments we do in the settings to her program seems to help.
  16. #416  
    Minling12's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    I'm really loving my iPhone 6!....
  17. #417  
    Flow39's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,487 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Minling12 View Post
    I'm really loving my iPhone 6!....
    Glad you're enjoying it! I love mine too
  18. #418  
    Ghasi Ao's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    I have the exact problem with my phone but its a bigger white spot on the top left of my iphone 6 screen. Cannot get rid of it at all.
  19. #419  

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    I'm noticing the orientation doesnt always adjust back to vertical when it's in horizontal. I thought it was just my phone but I got a 6 through work on Verizon and it does the same thing.
  20. #420  
    Flow39's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,487 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    I'm noticing the orientation doesnt always adjust back to vertical when it's in horizontal. I thought it was just my phone but I got a 6 through work on Verizon and it does the same thing.
    You running iOS 8.1.2 yet? This did fix a few small bugs on my Air 2 that I noticed, and maybe it will fix them on your 6. I haven't had any issues with my 6 though, so I can't comment on that.
  21. #421  

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Apple_iOS View Post
    You running iOS 8.1.2 yet? This did fix a few small bugs on my Air 2 that I noticed, and maybe it will fix them on your 6. I haven't had any issues with my 6 though, so I can't comment on that.
    Yup. I was hoping it would resolve but it didn't. Running 8.1.2 on both devices.
  22. #422  
    Marcus Vasquez's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    146 Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghasi Ao View Post
    I have the exact problem with my phone but its a bigger white spot on the top left of my iphone 6 screen. Cannot get rid of it at all.
    That could be a defect of the screen take it in to the Apple Store and have them look at it. Set an appt first so you won't have to wait as long.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. #423  
    Richard Benson's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    IDK why my Phone Wifi is dropping and reconnecting but failed to connect..what should i do ???
  24. #424  
    Miska Hietala's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Today tried to open camera from lockscreen, and it did open for a half second and after that it went back to lockscreen. Tried several times and same response. Only reboot solved the problem.
  25. #425  
    Darran's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

    Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Benson View Post
    IDK why my Phone Wifi is dropping and reconnecting but failed to connect..what should i do ???
    This is a known issue and is software related
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Password Keeper for new iPhone 6
    By firemanjoe in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2015, 11:33 AM
  2. SOLD: WTS: Att iPhone 5s 32gb space grey
    By Slammers08 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2014, 10:04 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 09:22 PM
  4. Who else ordered their iPhone 6 on September 16th?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 09:11 PM
  5. How to fix iPhone 6 and iOS 8 battery life problems!
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions