Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Default Re: Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    I've just read the whole document and nowhere does it say you must have the document or email/message open and visible onscreen for handoff to work?
    "How to get started:
    Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices.
    Turn on Bluetooth on all the devices you want to use. Make sure your devices are near each other.
    Connect all your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
    Then, use one of the apps listed above on one of your devices.

On your second iOS device, swipe up from the bottom-left edge of the Lock screen, where you see the apps activity icon."

If you follow this to the letter. It should be no problem. It says use one of the apps on one device then swipe up from on the lock screen on a iOS device.
    If you close a doc or app you're done with it right? If your not done and still actively doing work you leave it open right? So work can continue on the other device.
    If you think the directions are not clear send Apple feedback. But they do tell you how to activate Handoff.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by byul View Post
    When listening to music and visiting webpages on safari i have this odd disturbing clacking/pop sound in my music.
    It only happens randomly for a half second when loading/refreshing a page.
    If i just leave the music app open just for music there is no problems, so i have this problem only randomly when loading/refreshing a page on safari.

Oh and i tried chrome too, same problem.
    And also for spotify.

Any one else have this problem or know how i can fix it?

I tried a hard reboot but it 's still there..
    I get the exact same thing! I think it's an iOS bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Thank you for the response evornoss. I think you are right. I was worried that there was some defect in my device! Relieved. Thanks a ton!
    evornoss likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iEd View Post
    "How to get started:
    Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices.
    Turn on Bluetooth on all the devices you want to use. Make sure your devices are near each other.
    Connect all your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
    Then, use one of the apps listed above on one of your devices.

On your second iOS device, swipe up from the bottom-left edge of the Lock screen, where you see the apps activity icon."

If you follow this to the letter. It should be no problem. It says use one of the apps on one device then swipe up from on the lock screen on a iOS device.
    If you close a doc or app you're done with it right? If your not done and still actively doing work you leave it open right? So work can continue on the other device.
    If you think the directions are not clear send Apple feedback. But they do tell you how to activate Handoff.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Yes but the key is for this to work the email/message MUST be open and visible onscreen. It doesn't actually say this is just assumes you will leave it open.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Just a quick question, does the iPhone 6 really bend? the 4.7 one. because I'm getting so paranoid that I might bend the phone while taking the case off and on. can someone clarify this??
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJosaph View Post
    Iphone 6 got disshaped . Moreover It bends when you sit and whereas you mobile is on the backpocket.

You should never put anything n the pack pocket ._.
    Darran likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    3,257 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Vasquez View Post
    I get the exact same thing! I think it's an iOS bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah i still have it nonetheless, i already tried a reset as new again some several times now.
    I think i'm going to get an exchange tho and are you going to get an exchange?, since we are the only two having this odd issue and nobody else
    Meanwhile i will still try to see what i can do to solve this issue.

I'm having a headace today because of all issue on my iphone 6 this my iphone 5 whatsapp is someshow ruined.
    I can't even restore my whatsapp because it is staying in a continious boot loop.
    I gotta need to factory reset it now..without even losing my pictures, contacts because iTunes is having a free day off..
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by takuma089 View Post
    Just a quick question, does the iPhone 6 really bend? the 4.7 one. because I'm getting so paranoid that I might bend the phone while taking the case off and on. can someone clarify this??
    It won't bend, don't worry about it. As long as you don't sit on it in your back pocket or put large amounts of pressure onto it, it will be fine
    takuma089 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Thanks! I don't put it on my back pocket just on my school bag and front pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple_iOS View Post
    It won't bend, don't worry about it. As long as you don't sit on it in your back pocket or put large amounts of pressure onto it, it will be fine
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts

I just started having another issue yesterday. I charge my phone every morning before work and it's usually around the same battery percentage when i plug it in. From doing this on a daily basis i know about where the battery life should be once i unplug it. yesterday it didn't seem to charge much at all for how long it was plugged in. but the weird part is that it sat on 83% for about six hours and didn't want to drop no matter how much i used it. apple ran a diagnostics test on it and didn't find anything wrong with the battery so now i don't know what to do with it. today it seems to be doing it again. also, lately i've noticed the phone seems to get warmer than usual around the camera area and i don't recall that happening before.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rewNATION View Post
    I just started having another issue yesterday. I charge my phone every morning before work and it's usually around the same battery percentage when i plug it in. From doing this on a daily basis i know about where the battery life should be once i unplug it. yesterday it didn't seem to charge much at all for how long it was plugged in. but the weird part is that it sat on 83% for about six hours and didn't want to drop no matter how much i used it. apple ran a diagnostics test on it and didn't find anything wrong with the battery so now i don't know what to do with it. today it seems to be doing it again. also, lately i've noticed the phone seems to get warmer than usual around the camera area and i don't recall that happening before.
    Hmmm... my phone is operating normally; hope you find a solution.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by takuma089 View Post
    Thanks! I don't put it on my back pocket just on my school bag and front pocket.

Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Also, iMessages are sending from my email. Wtf??

Is this maybe because this is my first iPhone, and I usually send iMessages from my iPad and Mac with my email?
    Unless you plan to use your email for iMessage, just sign out of iMessage. Leave it toggled on though. That way only your phone number shows. Alternatively, just uncheck all your email addresses in "send and receive". Top and bottom sections. Used to be you could leave email addresses checked in the top part. But iOS 8 seems to have messed that up. I've had some iMessages sent from my iCloud email address. I unchecked it in the top "receive at". Hasn't happened since.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Unless you plan to use your email for iMessage, just sign out of iMessage. Leave it toggled on though. That way only your phone number shows. Alternatively, just uncheck all your email addresses in "send and receive". Top and bottom sections. Used to be you could leave email addresses checked in the top part. But iOS 8 seems to have messed that up. I've had some iMessages sent from my iCloud email address. I unchecked it in the top "receive at". Hasn't happened since.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    If iMessages are sending from your email and not your number then it's likely it hasn't been activated on your iphone yet. Toggle iMessage off and on and if your phone number doesn't appear within the iMessage settings view then it might be something like a recent issue I heard about wind mobile or a Canadian carrier whereby their network is unable to receive the iMessage activation message and you have to use a website that spoofs a text message activation to get it working.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

The metal body seem to be a little on the soft side.
    iMore Newbie

I am having trouble with wifi every once in a while. I'm running IOS 8.1.1 but have been having the problem since I got the device. It is really weird because it will work perfectly than just drop and won't connect for a while
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Budde2 View Post
    I am having trouble with wifi every once in a while. I'm running IOS 8.1.1 but have been having the problem since I got the device. It is really weird because it will work perfectly than just drop and won't connect for a while
    This is a massively reported issue and there's a bunch of topics on here about this already. If it helps I had this issue on my 6 from launch day and I swapped it at the Apple Store about 3 weeks later and although the night I got home it happened it hasn't done it since really. I've had the odd time where I've noticed on the Lockscreen it displays 4G instead of wifi and I've unlocked and wifi appeared but nothing like previously when only a reboot would enable it to display wifi networks and connect!
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

My first iPhone 6 had a ding inside of the camera lens 😔 (brand new, out of the box). My 2nd iPhone 6 was great! And then the screen stopped responding at the top & bottom after 2 days. 😔had to go back to apple & have the screen replaced. Other than that no software issues. Amazing phone! Had great customer service both times..
    iMore Nanite

I am really loving iPhone 6. No matter, whatever is the issue, it works really great. Whether you drill it or make a hole to it, but the best thing it is it will work flawlessly.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    This is a massively reported issue and there's a bunch of topics on here about this already. If it helps I had this issue on my 6 from launch day and I swapped it at the Apple Store about 3 weeks later and although the night I got home it happened it hasn't done it since really. I've had the odd time where I've noticed on the Lockscreen it displays 4G instead of wifi and I've unlocked and wifi appeared but nothing like previously when only a reboot would enable it to display wifi networks and connect!
    Having the same issue as well. Do you think it's a hardware problem and should be swapped to get a new one or what?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts

I'm having the Wifi issue as well. Please! Is there a temp fix for this? Will Apple release an update to get it fixed for once and all?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts

I'm having the wifi issue as well except when it happens to me I lose cell data also. I can make calls but if I try to use an app that needs data, the app won't work at all. The only way for me to fix it is to turn off the phone and wait a little bit or do a reset with the home and lock buttons.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

Nabooy/ rewNATION

I had this same issue when I got my iphone 6 on launch day. Basically now and then it would drop wifi and revert to 4G. If I when into wifi settings and toggled wifi off and on it would just say searching... And not display any networks and I live in an apartment with dozens of wifi routers nearby. The only fix was a hard reboot like you say with home and sleep/wake together.

It would happen about twice per day and after a few weeks I was at the Apple Store with a family member and asked if the could fit me in. I told them what had been happening and they swapped it out for a new one. I was really happy and got home and restored my iCloud back etc and low and behold it dropped wifi again about 2 hours after I got home! I assumed it was then software related so decided to just wait for a fix. Weirdly it's never happened again and I'm not sure if it was an iOS update or an app update whereby an app was causing the issue I really don't know but it's not happening for me anymore and it's been nearly two months without a reoccurrence. I'd like to say a new iphone would fix things but I'm not entirely sure that is the case as it happened on my new one hours after getting home and never done it since. It's worth noting I tried everything including setting up as a new device and resetting network settings at various stages before and after that. Nothing made a difference and I'm on the same router and location I was when I had the issues so the only change really has been software related.

Hope this helps although I didn't really give you an answer haha
    iMore Nanite

I'm having a problem with the iphone 6 camera it looks like if I applied a watercolor effect. It looks really awful. Is anyone else having this issue?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.22.21 PM.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	364.4 KB 
ID:	72755

Front facing camera had crescent issue. Apple exchanged 128GB device for NIB at Apple
    Speedygi likes this.
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 ... LastLast