Can i try to replace my iphone 6 at a verizon store since i don't live near an apple store? or can this only be done at an apple store? apple doesn't want to seem to swap it out. i don't know if other people just get lucky and talk to the right person or what but they tried to charge me $820 for a replacement yesterday when i called. or should i break the phone on purpose and use one of my applecare replacements?
    10-28-2014 11:27 AM
    I've had intermittent copy and paste issues. Just figured it was something else and found another way to do what I needed.
    10-28-2014 11:30 AM
    Can i try to replace my iphone 6 at a verizon store since i don't live near an apple store? or can this only be done at an apple store? apple doesn't want to seem to swap it out. i don't know if other people just get lucky and talk to the right person or what but they tried to charge me $820 for a replacement yesterday when i called. or should i break the phone on purpose and use one of my applecare replacements?
    I think you need to swap it where you bought it. So if you bought at Verizon I would go there, but if you got it at Apple I doubt VZW would help unless you have their insurance plan.
    10-28-2014 11:31 AM
    I tried looking thru this thread for your other replies, but I couldn't find any actually describing the problems you are having.
    10-28-2014 11:31 AM
    doesn't matter what the issues are, i've explained them to apple reps a number of times and i've tried all the fixes so it's definitely the device. a new one just popped up today. i was wiping off the screen with my shirt and the screen kept turning off and on like i was on a call
    10-28-2014 11:37 AM
    Haha yeah sounds like you've got a dud iPhone. If it's anything like the UK the carrier stores just tell you to take it back to Apple. Might have to bite the bullet and make the journey to an Apple Store even if it's a long drive it's the only option you have really.
    10-28-2014 03:15 PM
    I don't know if it's a hardware issue. But my 4G and LTE speeds have been terrible since the updates to IOS 8. When I first got the phone, my speeds were lighting fast, faster than my wi fi connection in fact. Now since updating videos I watch on safari are laggy , buffer constantly and takes forever to watch a two- three min video. Webpages in general also load up super slow. I am on AT&T in the U.S so it could be something on their end or a hardware issue. Should I just exchange for a new phone?
    10-29-2014 12:06 AM
    Haha yeah sounds like you've got a dud iPhone. If it's anything like the UK the carrier stores just tell you to take it back to Apple. Might have to bite the bullet and make the journey to an Apple Store even if it's a long drive it's the only option you have really.
    I'm too lazy to drive all that way for another phone that might have the same problems or worse. I guess I'm just stuck with this one. I learned my lesson, I will never buy a day one iphone ever again. worst experience i've ever had with an apple product by far.
    10-30-2014 09:00 AM
    The thing is if you take it to Apple they will replace it for another day one iPhone. The iPhone's they use to exchange are not normal stock items and are called service grade which just means the "can" have reused internal parts but with a month old model they will all be brand new devices BUT they get sent the devices separately and are kept out back for exchanges meaning they're not replaces daily like normal stock. You will likely just get exchanged for another iPhone that has been sitting out back since day one also! This might be the case for the next few months until they run out of exchange stock and get new exchange only shipments. I exchanged my launch day iPhone 6 the other week about a month after launch and the one they gave me which she unwrapped in front of me had iOS 8.0 and by this stage we were a few days away from 8.1 so this might not fill you with confidence in afraid mate.
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-30-2014 05:06 PM
    i have an issue where sometimes i try to wake the screen up it won't turn on. it happens both with the lock button and home button. i have to press it a second time to finally wake up the screen. this probably happens to me at least once a day. it's like the phone doesn't register the button press or something. i thought this used to happen on my 4S occasionally too
    10-31-2014 11:02 AM
    Has anyone noticed that occasionally it doesn't produce sounds? As in if I take a photo it makes no shutter sound so I take another and then the sound plays! Same with the lock sound, now and then it doesn't sound when I lock so I unlock and relock and it then plays!
    10-31-2014 03:21 PM
    Has anyone noticed that occasionally it doesn't produce sounds? As in if I take a photo it makes no shutter sound so I take another and then the sound plays! Same with the lock sound, now and then it doesn't sound when I lock so I unlock and relock and it then plays!
    I've had the silent shutter several times, and I think the unlock once or twice. Definitely can be a bit glitchy about sounds at times.
    10-31-2014 04:07 PM
    I have the lock sound turned off but definitely I have the same problem with the shutter sound being intermittent.

Hope it's a simple software update.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    10-31-2014 04:18 PM
    I have the lock sound turned off but definitely I have the same problem with the shutter sound being intermittent.

Mostly things like that will be addressed in small software updates down the road, yes. Usually the big breaking bugs are addressed in the first few weeks of release.
    CDG likes this.
    10-31-2014 04:19 PM

Ah thanks, good to know it's not just me. It's really silly but drives me mad because I question whether I actually pressed the button but recently it's been doing it quite a lot. I will take a picture and no sound so I press it again to check and it plays the sound! Nothing changed and just seconds apart so not like I closed a background app in between. It does it loads on the lock sound and I swear some messages don't always play he alert sound as I walk back to my phone after being in the next room for a few seconds and the screen is lit up with a message notification and I never hear any form of alert. I can hear my phone alert from a few rooms down usually!
    CDG likes this.
    10-31-2014 07:13 PM
    Ok my iPad just did the same thing, so it is an iOS 8.xx problem, so a minor update will take care of it.

Darran likes this.
    10-31-2014 07:15 PM
    i have an issue where sometimes i try to wake the screen up it won't turn on. it happens both with the lock button and home button. i have to press it a second time to finally wake up the screen. this probably happens to me at least once a day. it's like the phone doesn't register the button press or something. i thought this used to happen on my 4S occasionally too
    Yup. Has happened before even with my 5.
    11-01-2014 07:34 AM
    I got a defective volume switch on mine. When I flip it to ring it actually kicks me back to silent even though the switch is in the correct position. And if you bump that area of the phone it switches itself. Annoying. I have no idea how I'm going to get this swapped out in any timely manner with all the sell outs....sigh.
    Prepare yourself to deal with this in the future. IPhone mute switch is notorious for going bad.
    11-01-2014 07:24 PM
    I posted another thread on this but my camera is in operable. Only the front camera is working. When changing to the back camera the application freezes and the screen is blurred and blanked out. I've made an appointment with the genius bar on Sunday.
    That's an issue with the logic board. I'm guessing you tried a restore.
    11-01-2014 07:25 PM
    Anyone ever have this?

Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414888858.588981.jpg

What I am asking about is the no sender and everything near the bottom...
    11-01-2014 07:41 PM
    Anyone ever have this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414888858.588981.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	70286

I hadn't seen this particular problem but you could just delete it, I think.
    11-01-2014 10:08 PM
    Anyone ever have this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414888858.588981.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	70286

I've definitely read about this issue on these forums recently actually.
    11-01-2014 11:03 PM
    I've definitely read about this issue on these forums recently actually.
    Are these email messages deletable?
    11-01-2014 11:38 PM
    Prepare yourself to deal with this in the future. IPhone mute switch is notorious for going bad.
    Funny. As many iPhones as my family has and we've NEVER had the iPhone mute switch go bad. We've had every model since the original iPhone and there are 15 members of my immediate family that now use iPhone exclusively.

But keep on trashing iPhone. You don't want to let those troll skills go to waste.
    11-01-2014 11:45 PM
    Are these email messages deletable?
    Nope. Just annoying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-02-2014 12:13 AM
523 ... 1112131415 ...