Son has had same thing happen three times, not happy. Daughter is still having Facebook, bluetooth, Wifi, and apps force closing issues. Wife is less than impressed with her 6 also. We hoped 8.1 would help but not too much at this point. Not too happy with these POS 6 phones so far.
    It sounds like some of you have been really unlucky with your experience so far. Mine has been pretty much flawless. What are the issues with Facebook? I haven't been having anymore wifi, Bluetooth or app crashes.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 04:25 PM
    Son has had same thing happen three times, not happy. Daughter is still having Facebook, bluetooth, Wifi, and apps force closing issues. Wife is less than impressed with her 6 also. We hoped 8.1 would help but not too much at this point. Not too happy with these POS 6 phones so far.
    I just returned mine after less than 24 hours due to the insane amount of crashing. Now I know it's not iOS 8 because my 5c has none of these difficulties with the same exact apps. Went ahead and just stayed with my 5c and got an iPad mini instead.
    10-26-2014 05:30 PM
    I just returned mine after less than 24 hours due to the insane amount of crashing. Now I know it's not iOS 8 because my 5c has none of these difficulties with the same exact apps. Went ahead and just stayed with my 5c and got an iPad mini instead.
    Hmm. Haven't had any crashes at all on my 6 running 8.0.2 and 8.1...

Edit: I take that back, I have had the settings app(of all apps!!) crash twice. But that's the only crash I've had.
    Last edited by the_tech_eater; 10-26-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    10-26-2014 06:02 PM
    These phones are more trouble than they're worth. I don't understand how all these other people get to keep swapping out new phones for dumb little issues that don't affect anything and I can't even get a replacement unless I break the phone and use one of my AppleCare replacements. I feel like apple products have gone slightly downhill since Steve jobs passed.
    10-26-2014 06:59 PM
    These phones are more trouble than they're worth. I don't understand how all these other people get to keep swapping out new phones for dumb little issues that don't affect anything and I can't even get a replacement unless I break the phone and use one of my AppleCare replacements. I feel like apple products have gone slightly downhill since Steve jobs passed.
    On the 6 and 6+ I feel like they didn't forecast demand or start production soon enough. Because of that, quality control went downhill. You can't expect people able to make 10 perfect iPhones per minute to suddenly do 20+ and get the same result! That and I'm wondering if Apple has started cutting any corners they can, that's what greed creates.

Either way, it's an unsettling feeling seeing all these issues with new devices.
    10-26-2014 07:34 PM
    I've experienced something totally different.
    10-26-2014 07:43 PM
    I've experienced something totally different.
    Idk then. I called them last week and tried to get a replacement but they said I've had the phone too long already and can't get a new one without using one of my AppleCare replacements. Needless to say I was more than displeased
    10-26-2014 07:59 PM
    Idk then. I called them last week and tried to get a replacement but they said I've had the phone too long already and can't get a new one without using one of my AppleCare replacements. Needless to say I was more than displeased
    What problems were/are you having?
    10-26-2014 08:00 PM
    What problems were/are you having?
    The problem is that I bought a faulty day one device.
    10-26-2014 09:42 PM
    The problem is that I bought a faulty day one device.
    But if you are within your one year warranty period you can demand a replacement that is not part of AppleCare
    10-27-2014 05:25 AM
    But if you are within your one year warranty period you can demand a replacement that is not part of AppleCare
    Agree. Just schedule an appt with them and walk in and they'll take care of you. I've not had an issue with their customer service at all, especially with something still under warranty. They won't let you exchange for a different color or size but they'll certainly replace them if they're defective.
    10-27-2014 06:11 AM
    Why do they skip the quality Control for Iphone 6? Maybe should have waited a couple of months before i bought it
    10-27-2014 07:59 AM
    Agree. Just schedule an appt with them and walk in and they'll take care of you. I've not had an issue with their customer service at all, especially with something still under warranty. They won't let you exchange for a different color or size but they'll certainly replace them if they're defective.
    It's not that easy. I don't live anywhere near an apple store so doing it over the phone is the only way. And the last two applecare reps i talked to were so inept at their job and not accommodating at all. i must live in one of the only cities without an apple store
    10-27-2014 08:53 AM
    Guys I've found a bit of a bug I think. Not sure if it's iPhone 6 or iOS 8.1 but hopefully someone can confirm if they have the same issue?

If you go into contacts and edit one and tap on the contact photo and choose Take Photo when the camera screen appears the word "Auto" on the top left is missing most the the "A" off the edge of the screen. Anyone else got this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1414448606.970525.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	759.5 KB 
ID:	69760
    10-27-2014 05:23 PM
    Guys I've found a bit of a bug I think. Not sure if it's iPhone 6 or iOS 8.1 but hopefully someone can confirm if they have the same issue?

If you go into contacts and edit one and tap on the contact photo and choose Take Photo when the camera screen appears the word "Auto" on the top left is missing most the the "A" off the edge of the screen. Anyone else got this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1414448606.970525.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	759.5 KB 
ID:	69760
    Probably iOS 8. On my 6+ it is not completely cut off but does look too crowded to the left edge.
    Attachment 69783
    10-27-2014 07:12 PM
    Thanks so much for the quick reply. Anyone with a normal 6 able to test and post?
    10-27-2014 07:16 PM
    Probably iOS 8. On my 6+ it is not completely cut off but does look too crowded to the left edge.
    Attachment 69783
    PS It's funny we both have the same colour carpets! Haha
    10-27-2014 07:17 PM
    PS It's funny we both have the same colour carpets! Haha
    I just figured it was a good anonymous photo. We originally got the color because it doesn't show our German Shepherd's shedding hair.
    10-27-2014 07:18 PM
    Can any iPhone 6 users test and confirm please ? Post a screen shot
    10-27-2014 07:33 PM
    Can any iPhone 6 users test and confirm please ? Post a screen shot
    Give it some time
    10-27-2014 07:36 PM
    10-27-2014 07:44 PM
    Ah cheers at least it's a development bug and nothing corrupt on mine.

Thanks for the help guys!
    10-27-2014 07:46 PM
    This is likely more of an iOS 8 (or older?) bug than iPhone 6, but..

Copy+Paste. Anyone else having issues with this? A friend mentioned that C+P between apps was very buggy on his iPhone 5, so I tried it on my 6 and am finding that, in many instances, I have to repeat the C+P process twice before I get the proper content to copy over. Otherwise, most of the time, whatever Pastes is from an earlier Copy operation.

i.e. earlier if I'd C+P'd "123", and I try to Copy "abc" and paste it, the first time I'll get "123" again, 2nd time I get the "abc".

Weird one, eh?
    10-28-2014 09:06 AM
    This is likely more of an iOS 8 (or older?) bug than iPhone 6, but..

Copy+Paste. Anyone else having issues with this? A friend mentioned that C+P between apps was very buggy on his iPhone 5, so I tried it on my 6 and am finding that, in many instances, I have to repeat the C+P process twice before I get the proper content to copy over. Otherwise, most of the time, whatever Pastes is from an earlier Copy operation.

i.e. earlier if I'd C+P'd "123", and I try to Copy "abc" and paste it, the first time I'll get "123" again, 2nd time I get the "abc".

Weird one, eh?
    Definitely weird. I copy/paste all the time and I haven't noticed any problems.
    10-28-2014 09:29 AM
    Definitely weird. I copy/paste all the time and I haven't noticed any problems.
    Yeah me too I use it daily and have never seen an issue with C+P.

As for the Auto hanging off the screen this only affects iPhone 6 and to some degree the 6 Plus. I've tried it in a 5 and it doesn't happen. It might well be iOS 8 but as it only affects iPhone 6 and 6 Plus there's no way of telling.
    10-28-2014 09:31 AM
522 ... 1011121314 ...