So who's planning to run their 6 caseless?

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Got my new iPhone 6 Space Grey 64g last Friday and as always carried it caseless and have always tried to be extra careful although have dropped the 4 and 5 series and only got minor scratches never broke a screen. Today accidentally dropped my new 6 while trying to answer a call and got two minor dents but broke the screen because it hit on the bottom left corner. I had a tempered glass screen protector on it and protector survived phone screen did not. Don't usually get the insurance through Verizon but last Friday I did. My options are as follows: Asurion insurance deductible is 199 and they send new phone which will be free of any dents and I send this one back to them. Apple said they would send me a box overnight and I could send the phone to them and they would replace screen for 109 which they said was a reduction to normal pricing of 149 and send back to me overnight so it would be about 3 to 5 day process. That is no problem since I still have my 5s but then would have a new phone with couple of dents so probably go the Asurion route although it would be more. Phone still works and can read screen so if there is a delay in them getting me a phone not a big deal. This phone is thinner, bigger and slicker than the 4 or 5 series and easy to drop but will I use a case? The answer is no because I still don't want to hide the beauty of the phone. I'll just be way more careful because this is probably best phone ever had including all my iPhones and Androids I have had in the past but don't thing the 6 is as sturdy as the 4 or 5 series. Hope this post will help those that read it and hope you are not in the same position.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Got my new iPhone 6 Space Grey 64g last Friday and as always carried it caseless and have always tried to be extra careful although have dropped the 4 and 5 series and only got minor scratches never broke a screen. Today accidentally dropped my new 6 while trying to answer a call and got two minor dents but broke the screen because it hit on the bottom left corner. I had a tempered glass screen protector on it and protector survived phone screen did not. Don't usually get the insurance through Verizon but last Friday I did. My options are as follows: Asurion insurance deductible is 199 and they send new phone which will be free of any dents and I send this one back to them. Apple said they would send me a box overnight and I could send the phone to them and they would replace screen for 109 which they said was a reduction to normal pricing of 149 and send back to me overnight so it would be about 3 to 5 day process. That is no problem since I still have my 5s but then would have a new phone with couple of dents so probably go the Asurion route although it would be more. Phone still works and can read screen so if there is a delay in them getting me a phone not a big deal. This phone is thinner, bigger and slicker than the 4 or 5 series and easy to drop but will I use a case? The answer is no because I still don't want to hide the beauty of the phone. I'll just be way more careful because this is probably best phone ever had including all my iPhones and Androids I have had in the past but don't thing the 6 is as sturdy as the 4 or 5 series. Hope this post will help those that read it and hope you are not in the same position.

I like the idea of going caseless i do it all the time, but if your gonna do it you gotta be prepared for the cost that comes with the "what if" you drop it

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Was gonna cost 199.00 with the insurance but phone was on back order. So while was working today my wife the wonderful person she is drove approximately 45 miles to the Apple Store to take and have sent off to get screen repaired which was going to be 109.00. When she got there they told her that they did not have any screens but was going to just give me a new phone for same price as screen repair and to my amazement they had replacements in stock and I now have a new phone that I am restoring right now. Was mentally prepared to be without it a few days and now don't have to. You are right if carry caseless need to be prepared to pay and I always am. For long time was an Android fan and always carried an iPhone though. Since IOS 7 been converted to Apple products and the service I got today just confirmed my thinking that Apple has the best products and service. Can't say enough about the lady in the Apple Store that assisted my wife she is my favorite Apple representative. Thank you mama!!! Oh and by the way my wife bought me one of the new leather Apple iPhone cases while she was there which is extremely thin and comfortable and addeds basically no bulk. May try it.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Well according to some posters here, you would be stupid not to have a case for these gorgeous devices because of the bending issue. Don't put them in your pocket. And if you're a 400 pounder, forget it...you would somehow be compelled to sit on them. :(

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Uhhh yeah definitely getting a case! as much as i love the 6 caseless it's not smart for me to go naked. i just dropped mine today but luckily it fell on a mat underneath my chair. I think my heart stopped when it fell from my hands. :cant-watch:

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
With all this talk of cases... Who's running or planning to run caseless?

Since my 2007 iPhone "1", I've basically run case-less on all my iPhones most of the time. I try them from time to time but end up taking them off because they annoy me after a while and it ruins the slim and streamlined design of the iPhone. I always pocket my phone and cases get "stuck" when trying to grab it out quickly to answer.

Got my 6 today and have no plans for a case. It's too sexy and wonderful to hold as-designed.

Who's with me?

I actually agree with you although my OCD means I struggle to join you and obsessively inspect my iPhone for damage and clean away fingerprints.

Theoretically Apple goto all that trouble to make the lightest thinnest iPhone they can and we go and slap a big old case on it that pretty much wipes out every design feature!

It would be like buying a new Ferrari and putting one of those car bra things on it I used to see on some cars years ago to protect the front grill and bonnet from stone chips!

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I actually agree with you although my OCD means I struggle to join you and obsessively inspect my iPhone for damage and clean away fingerprints.

Theoretically Apple goto all that trouble to make the lightest thinnest iPhone they can and we go and slap a big old case on it that pretty much wipes out every design feature!

It would be like buying a new Ferrari and putting one of those car bra things on it I used to see on some cars years ago to protect the front grill and bonnet from stone chips!

So true

tajaz11

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I do, I carry insurance from Sprint, it is mostly like Apple care and they replace broken phones. I just enjoy the feel and look of the phone too much to have a case covering it. It has cost me before in the long run, getting less money for trade ins, but it is worth it. I don't even like screen protectors on my phones.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I do, I carry insurance from Sprint, it is mostly like Apple care and they replace broken phones. I just enjoy the feel and look of the phone too much to have a case covering it. It has cost me before in the long run, getting less money for trade ins, but it is worth it. I don't even like screen protectors on my phones.

I have the same sort of thing but I still throw it in a otterbox at work and such..... If I ever feel like taking it out I don't panic over it

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm careless right now. Got real tired of the incipio dual pro I got on launch day. My new wallet folio will be arriving this afternoon though, so I'll be on pins and needles until then.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk