New iphone 6. Broken camera

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Only takes pics from front facing camera.
Will not show a screen when set to main back camera.
A date with the apple Genius Bar and only six hours old.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear this as a current member I know you checked that the camera lens is not blocked also does it at least snap a black photo

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Move your thumb out of the way.
Sorry, that was mean.

Just make a Genius Bar appt. I bet they try to get you a new one, pronto.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
That's the kind of luck I would have, feel your pain hope you get it sorted out quick.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing on or near lense. If you try to snap a picture against the blurred screen the app freezes up. You can exit and re-launch and then flip to the front facing camera which is operable and takes photos. Will have to sit tight for some time as the store will probably not have replacement stock for a long time. Worth a call out to them once the initial roll out weekend is over.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Nothing on or near lense. If you try to snap a picture against the blurred screen the app freezes up. You can exit and re-launch and then flip to the front facing camera which is operable and takes photos. Will have to sit tight for some time as the store will probably not have replacement stock for a long time. Worth a call out to them once the initial roll out weekend is over.

We are all feeling for you sounds like a serious camera fail

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Found this on apple support. Probably a small number having this hardware issue.

DSmiddy46
Sep 20, 2014 2:44 AM
Re: iphone 6 camera not working
in response to ryanmsur
I had the same issue when my new one arrived yesterday and have just been in to an Apple store this morning, after a couple of quick tests they replaced the phone, they said its actually a logic board fault that caused it.

Mine is an iPhone 6 64GB

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My 6 had a problem in the camera too. Slow mo videos were flashing. I went to the Apple Store and a Genius bar guy helped me without an appointment, he tried to restore but the restore failed and the device was in infinite loop. He said "I won't try to make your phone work. It should be working right away" and got me a new one at the same time. Go there and they will replace with no problem.

Good thing I got to unbox and setup the phone twice 😂

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You should get a new one without a problem. Apple stores always hold back some of the units for replacements for defective devices.

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Good news. Looks busy. Wife just walked by. I'm the anxious type.

tahubyny.jpg

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My friend had a defective screen on his 6 had a line down the screen Apple swapped it for a new one .. I laughed at him cause he pre ordered and still had to go to Apple lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Camera was the first thing I checked when I turned it on for the first time. As others have said, Apple should replace it for you no questions asked, and they are usually very good at earmarking a certain amount of stock for replacements, even on launch day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711