Setting up iPhone 6 as new phone... constantly hanging while installing apps?!?!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thought this would be the best and safest option. Just trying to install my apps, songs, etc. It installs a few apps then hangs and won't continue. I have to unplug the phone and then replug and then it starts again. VERY annoying. Never had this before. Anybody else with this issue and know of a fix?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think this is an iOS 8 thing. I updated my mini and it hung for awhile downloading the new keyboards. I don't think it's your phone.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I finally got past this and the phone is set up. Not sure what the issue was. Rebooting phone, computer, repair permissions, nothing seemed to work. I did a total restore of the phone and the problem lessened significantly while doing initial install but still occurred. Frustrating. Seems to be doing okay now.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem it took about 7 hours to get my crap from iTunes to my phone. Multiple reboots etc would always hang on the 3rd or 4th app then did the same with music

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem it took about 7 hours to get my crap from iTunes to my phone. Multiple reboots etc would always hang on the 3rd or 4th app then did the same with music

Did you ever find what you thought was an actual fix for this or just kept unplugging and re-plugging the device until it go through (i.e.; sheer brute force)?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever find what you thought was an actual fix for this or just kept unplugging and re-plugging the device until it go through (i.e.; sheer brute force)?

No just kept trying until it was complete switching on and off wireless sync etc and wired sync

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Sync my initial unpleasant restore, I have had no problems syncing all the updated apps that have come out. I wondered if there was an issue with apps that weren't ios8 compliant yet or something like that which was causing a problem with iTunes. Seems like a LOT of issues with ios8 and the 8.0.1 update debacle is adding fuel to the fire. Oh well, I'm sure they'll get this smoothed out, unfortunate to deal with the frustrations of being an early adopter which is why I usually steer clear of that in general :talk-hand:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711