No simultaneous voice and data on Verizon iPhone 6?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I thought both the new 6/6+ had VoLTE but when I try to access email or do anything involving data while on a phone call it says data is not available because I'm on a phone call. Did I totally imagine that VoLTE was supposed to allow simultaneous voice and data and/or that this phone is supposed to have this feature on Verizon?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Volte working for me as well! And I'm out in the sticks! Pretty amazing. Called my office and browser the web at same time - carrier symbol up top stayed in "LTE" mode. Glad I stuck with Verizon!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought both the new 6/6+ had VoLTE but when I try to access email or do anything involving data while on a phone call it says data is not available because I'm on a phone call. Did I totally imagine that VoLTE was supposed to allow simultaneous voice and data and/or that this phone is supposed to have this feature on Verizon?

That has been that way for awhile. Apple doesn't include the extra radio to make it work. VoLTE is something different.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wrong dude... VoLTE is real and it works with iP6 and VZW... But need to enable in settings...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411177223.207140.jpg

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Just saw the Verizon release ad and added this feature to my account then turned on as indicated online and by LCW. Apparently a lot of misinformation out there. Wise of Verizon to do a press release as I think expectations were pretty clear this was something many were holding out for on their network. I understand why Apple didn't do the kludge 2 radio thing Samsung did but was frustrated by the lack of voice and data simultaneously. Have it working now and delighted to finally have this long-overdue feature on my i6.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
No cost. For me, I had to log in to my account and change/add features. It's titled advance calling/ HD calls. No extra charge. Then I went back into the phone and enables voice and data. Tested it and it works great.

dk2b

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I am near Chicago. So I would think being a major city it would be active. Verizon will not let me make any changes on my account right now because I have a pending change on my data plan. Booooo 😞

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
@dk2b. That sucks. I would think its up for sure. I'm 50 miles out of LA and to my surprise we have it. Good luck. Hopefully you can get it squared away on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
No cost. For me, I had to log in to my account and change/add features. It's titled advance calling/ HD calls. No extra charge. Then I went back into the phone and enables voice and data. Tested it and it works great.

Same here. This was one of the least painful and easiest to execute changes in my service with VZW.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2