Question for people that pre ordered for in store pick up

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So after sleeping on it I decided to go for a 64 GB iPhone plus instead of the 16 GB I have ore orderd. My confirmation email says I can can storage size, color size subject to store availablity. So I am wondering if anyone has switched sizes, etc during a store pick up? Think it will be a big hassle?

If I can't get a 64 GIG I will stick with the 16 GB btw.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. I preordered the 6 with 128GB what if I decide once I'm there that I would prefer the 6 plus? Though I think Apple has to be ready for stuff like that: it's not like it's their first release.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the 16gb, but I'm thinking of the same thing, upgrading to 64 gb. I'll just ask tomorrow when I'm in the store.

I think if they have the stock in won't be a problem, but it also depends on how many preorders they have, the time you pick up, etc.

I've always had 16 gb & it's more than enough. The 5 gb OTA update did worry me a bit (but I realized why it's need just for the update), but beyond that, I'm fine either way with 16gb or 64gb

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. I preordered the 6 with 128GB what if I decide once I'm there that I would prefer the 6 plus? Though I think Apple has to be ready for stuff like that: it's not like it's their first release.

Well my confirmation email says you can change storage size ii

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Well my confirmation email says you can change storage size and color but it's subject to store availability. I am wondering if they will take a phone from the non pre order batch and give it to those who pre ordered but what to switch storage sizes or colors. I also don't want to screw any one waiting in the non pre order line over either. We'll see tommorow in the AM.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well my confirmation email says you can change storage size and color but it's subject to store availability. I am wondering if they will take a phone from the non pre order batch and give it to those who pre ordered but what to switch storage sizes or colors. I also don't want to screw any one waiting in the non pre order line over either. We'll see tommorow in the AM.

I agree, screwing someone over who did not preorder would not be cool. I think Apple will probably try to accommodate as many people as they can in whatever way they can but there's so much they can do.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I am going early like at like 5 or 6 AM and see if I can get a 64 GB instead of the 16 GB. I don't want to screw anyone over but.. That's the value of pre ordering.

AvgGuyFL

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I am going early like at like 5 or 6 AM and see if I can get a 64 GB instead of the 16 GB. I don't want to screw anyone over but.. That's the value of pre ordering.

I wouldn't look at it as screwing anyone over. You might be helping someone who wants the storage you reserved.

I pre-ordered a 6 Plus and am considering switching to a 6. That might free up my 6 Plus for someone who wants it.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
FYI for those that pre ordered and want to make last min changes to color, storage size etc. My Apple store people told me that you would have to get out of the pre order line and get in the non pre order line! I am fourth in the pre order line while the non pre order line has like 80 something people!

If I end up really needing the extra space, I can alway return it within 14 days!

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd hold onto the 16GB for now. My local apple store (Northern Ireland) sold out of 6 plus' 64GB and 128GB in minutes, it was only 16GB or iPhone 6. Sell it on eBay, make a tidy profit, buy yourself a 64GB and case :).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2