Glass screen protector for the iPhone 6 or no?

Hmack19

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Seeing as the iPhone 6 has no sapphire display, I'm wondering whether there is a need for additional protection for the iPhone 6 screen, just incase of accidental damage? I know Apple can be a bit eggy with replacing a damaged screen.

Seen quite a few advertised online but was wondering if anyone had any experience with some of the companies currently selling them?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

Aguaski

May 11, 2013
Visit site
If you felt like you needed a screen protector on your previous phones then you probably still want to consider one for your iPhone 6. If you successfully avoided screen protectors in the past then you will be fine without. It comes down to personal preference.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector on any phone. I've tried....I hate the way they feel. I just can't seem to make it work....I haven't had any problems

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I always protect the screen with those film covers--but I am incredibly lousy at the installation. I heard there is a glass one that might be better for me--but I haven't seen it and I fear it will add a little weight. I need to research options.

sox8104

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
had a zagg glass on my 5s I sold. it was amazing! hands down the best screen protector ive had yet. get a zagg glass you wont be disappointed, its like touching the screen and applying is easy, just go in bathroom and run your shower on hot so the steam will have the dust settle then line up and apply and press from the center of the glass outward and it will adhere itself

dk2b

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Tempered glass screen protectors. Best ever! They are very easy to apply and much much more protective than the thin flimsy films. They retail in stores for about $30 but I get mine from eBay for $5 fron U.S. Sellers. You won't be disappointed.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I hate screen protectors I haven't used one since the 3GS. And I don't have any scratches on any of my screens. And even I've struck my screens with metal knitting needles once or twice, not on purpose obviously. But it has happen. Now I don't even worry about the screen at all. I'm not hard on my devices though. I can count the number of times I've dropped my devices on one hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
had a zagg glass on my 5s I sold. it was amazing! hands down the best screen protector ive had yet. get a zagg glass you wont be disappointed, its like touching the screen and applying is easy, just go in bathroom and run your shower on hot so the steam will have the dust settle then line up and apply and press from the center of the glass outward and it will adhere itself

Sounds like a good option and install sounds pretty easy.

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Tempered glass screen protectors. Best ever! They are very easy to apply and much much more protective than the thin flimsy films. They retail in stores for about $30 but I get mine from eBay for $5 fron U.S. Sellers. You won't be disappointed.

$5 ? that sounds great. Personally, I hate adding on all these costs to an already expensive device. $5 sounds good.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Anyone forsee problems using the Glass protectors on the iPhone 6's curved screen?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

cjeter02

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
My mom has a glass one on her phone that I love. She of course doesn't know or remember what brand. I think it's the Otterbox one... Anyone used those?

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking also, AB!
I seen one that says it's cut smaller to avoid the curves. Although that sounds nice, that makes me think that perfect alignment would be absolutely crucial so it doesn't end up lifting. I've had some of the spigen and Iloome Glass protectors for my note 3, and both didn't seem to have perfectly straight edges, so even if it's smaller there could still be a chance of a small area sitting on the curve.

Maybe I'll go with regular screen protectors in the beginning and see how the Glass reviews go. ;)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Just get a good case if you're worried about dropping it. The screens on high-end smartphones are so nice, why would you want to cover it with some third party layer?

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I am thinking the protector will not be able to cover the screen completely.

A.B.

I saw that spigen has a protector that says it takes into account the curved screen, so I'm sure as time goes on, companies will (hopefully) adjust to accommodate the curved screens.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I always have a screen protector and this time around I ordered a glass one.

I ordered mine from Spigen someone I know has the glass one on there 5s and I really like how great it looks. It's thick but I don't mind that at all.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods