Glass screen protector for the iPhone 6 or no?

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Just stopped into a local Verizon reseller place looking for a screen protector and they tried to sell me a tempered glass brand called Nitro I think. It was $50! They said if I bought another accessory they would discount it to $35... I didn't need another accessory and thought $35 was high so $50 was crazy-silly-expensive for me. They were a bit "unfriendly" when I said I'll wait and look around. Also said I was doing myself a disservice by not buying that one. Wow.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One thing I am finding on these glass ones is they are not very forgiving if you lift it off and replace it. I have had two that the corners do not seem to stick very well. I prefer the slick plastic ones that you can remove and replace as many times as necessary.

May try to return the glass one to Verizon and get that kind instead unless someone has an idea to make them stick.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing I am finding on these glass ones is they are not very forgiving if you lift it off and replace it. I have had two that the corners do not seem to stick very well. I prefer the slick plastic ones that you can remove and replace as many times as necessary.

May try to return the glass one to Verizon and get that kind instead unless someone has an idea to make them stick.

Haven't had this issue with Zagg. I lifted one because it was a little crooked & it stuck to the screen just fine. Also if there's some sort of issue or you break it, you get lifetime replacements.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's what I have (Zagg) but they said won't ship replacements for over a week and my OCD is kicking in so I got one from Verizon too. Does the same thing.
Then I got the ship notification for Zagg! ;)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's a pic of the phone. You can see the bottom left corner. Doesn't bother me much here - the pic makes it worse than it is. The Zagg I took off (while I wait for the replacement) was at the top right and a lot more visible.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411304367.724726.jpg

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I always protect the screen with those film covers--but I am incredibly lousy at the installation. I heard there is a glass one that might be better for me--but I haven't seen it and I fear it will add a little weight. I need to research options.

They don't weight anything and they make the phone feel amazing. I think it also adds something to screen quality. I just got the ones from verizon.

Last edited:

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have never tried the glass protectors and notice that Apple doesn't carry any on their site (wonder if they don't recommend using? )... so, if I drop the phone on the cement face down, will the glass shield protect the screen from being cracked? Or is the glass just to protect for scratches? thanks.

dk2b

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I have never tried the glass protectors and notice that Apple doesn't carry any on their site (wonder if they don't recommend using? )... so, if I drop the phone on the cement face down, will the glass shield protect the screen from being cracked? Or is the glass just to protect for scratches? thanks.

I had one also on my 5s and dropped it face down on the concrete. The screen protector shattered but my screen was perfect.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Spigen Glas.TR Slim screen protector and have found that it is slightly narrower than the screen - i.e. not only does it not cover it from the left edge of the phone to the right, but also does not fully cover the display. Anyone else see this?

I guess I'll have to contact Spigen and see what they have to say.

Yes, I noticed this too. As much as I like the glass screen protector this slightly annoys me.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's pricey, but totally worth it.

Preach. I had Zagg Glass on the exact same two phones and couldn't have been happier.

I ordered one for the 6 and I also have Spigen crystal films on the way in case I hate it ;)

I don't like how everyone's got these things cut with huge cutouts for the touchID and the sensor at the top though. I like full coverage.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't. I hardly drop my phone. But I saw a drop test and the dude dropped it on its face from like his chest height and not a single crack.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I had a tempered glass on my 6 but it was lifting at the top so I removed it. I might stay screen protector-less. Apple doesn't recommend them either here where I live because the screen can handle daily use.