Lookout vs Find My iPhone vs Recommendation (Protection for my iPhone 6)

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I am trying to find the best app that would help me find and protect my mobile if lost, stolen, ... . The 2 options I have heard about is “Find My iPhone” or “Lookout”.

Friends use Lookout on their Android mobiles and love it. Since this my first IOS experience I am not sure which is the best to use.

Does anyone have experience with these apps or have recommendations ?

Thanks,
A.B.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used them both, and both work well, in my experience. Having said that, the in-house Find My iPhone app is all that I need. Try them both, and decide for yourself which one suit YOU best...:)

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I use Find My iPhone just because its free and simple to use. If my phone was to ever get lost or stolen i can remotely ring my device or wipe it.

I didn't know "Lookout" was available for iOS devices. but i used it on my android devices and they charged for some extra features

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I remember reading an article a couple months ago about a police dept. in I think California who used Find My iPhone to locate a missing lady who had been in an auto accident in one of the canyons and the accident had not been reported.

Albert Nieves1

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
All,

I am trying to find the best app that would help me find and protect my mobile if lost, stolen, ... . The 2 options I have heard about is ?Find My iPhone? or ?Lookout?.

Friends use Lookout on their Android mobiles and love it. Since this my first IOS experience I am not sure which is the best to use.

Does anyone have experience with these apps or have recommendations ?

Thanks,
A.B.

I have use both, both work well but I don't think FMI takes a picture of perpetrator

Albert Nieves1

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
There are a few key differences between Lookout for iOS and Apple?s Find My iPhone product.

Find my iPhone is focused on helping the user find a lost device. Lookout is a comprehensive security product that not only helps you find your lost device, but also protects you against data loss and security threats.
Lookout will help you locate your device on a map and make it sound a loud alarm. It will also back up your contacts and warn you if your apps are running malicious processes.
Lookout's app includes Signal Flare?a lost-device feature that saves your location when your battery charge gets below 10 percent. If you should lose your device when the battery is low, you can log into www.lookout.com, see where it was last, and have a fighting chance of getting it back. Apple?s Find My iPhone does not have this feature.
Lookout has products for iOS, Kindle and Android devices. If you have any two of these devices you can use one Lookout account to secure, back up and track them both in one place. Apple?s Find My iPhone only supports iOS devices.
Lookout offers direct contact with a responsive support team, answering and responding to issues quickly, usually within 24 hours. Apple?s support relies on forums and a knowledge base, not person-to-person interactions.
e
Still have questions?
Send us a help request
or email (support@lookout.com)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1