16 GB a bad choice for iPhone 6/ 6+?

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So I have a iphone 6+ 16GB pre ordered and I am kinda concerned about space on my phone. Ever since I got my first iphone (3G) back in 2008 I always had the model with the base capcity ( 8 GB or 16 GB).

I keep hearing about apps getting larger and taking up more space. I have a iphone 5 16GB and over the past two years I have NEVER ran out of space for apps, games, or photos. It helps that I also have a good about of iCloud storage.

Like I said, I don't have a massive amount of apps or games on my phone and so far 16 GB has served me well so far over the years. So do you guys think I will be okay space wise along with iCloud storage?

Thanks!!!!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I max out on memory. But if you judiciously back up to iCloud and use Match it could work for you. Keep your messages inbox clean, sync only 3 days, delete old texts, and it might work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have a iphone 6+ 16GB pre ordered and I am kinda concerned about space on my phone. Ever since I got my first iphone (3G) back in 2008 I always had the model with the base capcity ( 8 GB or 16 GB).

I keep hearing about apps getting larger and taking up more space. I have a iphone 5 16GB and over the past two years I have NEVER ran out of space for apps, games, or photos. It helps that I also have a good about of iCloud storage.

Like I said, I don't have a massive amount of apps or games on my phone and so far 16 GB has served me well so far over the years. So do you guys think I will be okay space wise along with iCloud storage?

Thanks!!!!!

If you continue to use your device like you have been then 16 gigs should be enough for you. Normally, I use the 16 gig models, but I only keeps apps installed that I frequently use. I have very few photos and no music. to be honest, the 16 GB model would still work for me, however, the price of the 64 gig model is too enticing for me to pass up even though I'll more than likely use it in the manner that I'm currently using my 16 gig iPhone 5. Then agin, I'm more inclined to put music on it to play in my car....:)

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Typically I keep pictures only for a little while on phone and they usually automatically get uploaded to iCloud. Like I said I had my iphone 5 16 GB since it launched and have never ran out of space.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Currently on my iphone 5 16 GB I have 192 pictures on my camera roll, 221 in my photo steam and I have 128 songs and about 33 apps on my phone. Still have like 3 or 4 gigs left. Once I upload to iCloud I will have even more space.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Typically I keep pictures only for a little while on phone and they usually automatically get uploaded to iCloud. Like I said I had my iphone 5 16 GB since it launched and have never ran out of space.

I think you just answered your own question. And then take the $100 savings and buy a nice case, and a nice lunch, lol.

hrrslmpk

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I think I have a good plan. I'm gonna get the iPhone 6 16gb version and pay $.99 a month for more icloud storage and pay for iTunes match. Sound good?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend just spending an extra $100 to get the 64 GB still, even with lots of iCloud storage.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
It depends on how you use the phone. Few apps, pics regularly synced, emails set to sync 3 days, texts cleared etc you'll be fine. But apps are getting bigger and require a little more space to expand, and if you don't have signal sometime iTunes Match won't help you with offline music.

You can make a 16gb work. Many of us have been doing so, and most people I've spoken to are upgrading this year to at least 64gb so they don't have to micromanage their phone as much.

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0 while impatiently waiting for my 6+ using Tapatalk

JeffAces28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So i have an iPhone 6+ 64gb coming in friday and my mom said I can use her upgrade also. Should I buy a gold 64gb iphone 6 and sell it. It would be available for friday delivery according to Verizon. Either way, should I do it?

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been running out of space with 16 gigs since the iPhone 5. I had to erase my 5S so I could do OTA today.

I'm getting a 64 gig 6 so I can have whatever I want on my phone.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Well it's too late for me to change my pre order now. I have the 16 GB down for in store pick up Friday. If I cancel I would have to wait till October/ November for more pluses.

I don't do a whole lot with my phones. And all my heavy media stuff is on my MacBook pro. Also, I am not the type of person to spend 500 dollars or MORE on a phone. That's just a bit riddiclous for me. So I am thinking the 16 GB with iCloud storage will be good enough for me. I will maybe go 64 GB if I really need to down the line or when the iPhone 7 hits.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Considering that the file size of the iOS8 update for some folks are coming in at 4.5GB+ I wouldn't last with a 16GB. It seems like there's a method to the madness you're using so you might be the 1%.

Might need to write a tutorial.

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using 16's for years. They have always suited me just fine. You'll be fine. If you feel like you will need more space after having it a while...you can always return and get something larger.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Personally I have never needed anything beyond the 16GB. I store close to a thousand photos, haven't deleted a message in years, and only keep that apps I actually use. I may download a lot of apps, but if after a week I'm no longer using it...bye. I also only keep a few albums on my phone. I say the way you use it 16 is alright.

Try not to let the size queens talk you into it if you really don't need it...

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yea i talked to a couple of people and they also think that the 16 GB is fine. But I don't know, if I can upgrade to a 64 GB I might but if I cant I will stick with the 16 GB.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I chose a 16GB this time. I had a 16GB 4 and 4S, never came close to running out of space. I had a 32GB 5c... Only used 8-9GB. Had an 32GB 5S... Only used 10GB. I felt like that extra $100 would have been a waste for me. I don't keep apps that I don't use. I don't need 5200 photos on my phone. I also don't keep music or videos since Pandora is free on T-Mobile. So... same apps from my 5S, 2000 photos, and 8GB of space left. I think we can make this work.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
just move pictures to your computer and watch your app downloads and delete text threads. you'll be fine with a 16GB it sounds like

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative