16 GB a bad choice for iPhone 6/ 6+?

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I use OneDrive to back up my photos and docs which takes up most of my memory so 16 works just fine for me.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had 16GB with the 5 and I always feared I would run out of space, with the amount of pictures I take. I got the 6 in a 64GB, I probably didn't regret this choice at all. I felt 16GB is too small as app sizes continues to increase

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
On my 16GB rMini, it would have been a nightmare to try and install OTA. It required 6.9 GB, which is half of the space that my Mini came with. I had to use iTunes for the install. Moral of the story is 16 GB is nowhere near enough. 32 is the minimum you should go :)

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So I have a iphone 6+ 16GB pre ordered and I am kinda concerned about space on my phone. Ever since I got my first iphone (3G) back in 2008 I always had the model with the base capcity ( 8 GB or 16 GB).

I keep hearing about apps getting larger and taking up more space. I have a iphone 5 16GB and over the past two years I have NEVER ran out of space for apps, games, or photos. It helps that I also have a good about of iCloud storage.

Like I said, I don't have a massive amount of apps or games on my phone and so far 16 GB has served me well so far over the years. So do you guys think I will be okay space wise along with iCloud storage?

Thanks!!!!!

Ever since the iphone 4 I always got the 32gb iPhone but with both the 5s and the iphone 6 I opted for the 16gb especially since I keep all my music in Google play, spotify, and pandora, and all my pictures on Google drive. So it just depends on how much "stuff" you actually want to keep with you, with the previous larger capacity phones I noticed I would hold 10 gbs of music but never listened to it all which is why I switched.

leepoffaith

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Since you are asking, I would say yes, I believe the 16 gb iPhone 6 is not a good choice. With the iPhone 6 the 32 gb phone has been eliminated and the first storage upgrade is now 64 gb. I think 16 gb is going to start to be too little space for many users and may also hinder you if you choose to sell it later on. I don't use the iPod portion of the phone (only about 10 mp3s), but I do use the camera and video recorder and have used 28 gb of space on my 5s over the past year. Especially with the iPhone now being able to record 1080p at 60 fps those videos are going to take up a ton of space. I'm even thinking of paying the $1 per month to upgrade my cloud storage to 20 gb. Just my opinion.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
On my 16GB rMini, it would have been a nightmare to try and install OTA. It required 6.9 GB, which is half of the space that my Mini came with. I had to use iTunes for the install. Moral of the story is 16 GB is nowhere near enough. 32 is the minimum you should go :)

Now if they offered a 32 I would have gotten that. But sadly they don't offer that with the 6 and 6Plus for some reason.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It is the problem with lifestyle: if you can live with fewer apps, and other content you should be fine. But with technology comes issues and one of the biggest is the space. Think about it - a lot of 5S and below owners could not do an OTA as they didn't have enough free space. A lot of apps tend to save a lot of junk which you can clean but still it is a hassle.

I prefer at least the mid level to be on the safe side.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say for some a 16gb might be a good choice, but fot ME and the way I use my devices, not so good. I like to store everything on my phone (music, pictures, movies, videos, games/apps ect.). I would need to get the highest GB available to be HAPPY and not worry about space. It's been my experience that if you have to worry about space then you probably didn't purchased what you need/want.

IMHO, "it's better to have and not need than to need and not have"

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
For me everything goes in the cloud so 16 gb is more than enough space for me. I have never run out of space on any of my devices.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Currently on my iphone 5 16 GB I have 192 pictures on my camera roll, 221 in my photo steam and I have 128 songs and about 33 apps on my phone. Still have like 3 or 4 gigs left. Once I upload to iCloud I will have even more space.
If you use iCloud Drive, your 5 free gb will go quickly. Then they will want you to buy more space. Why not use Box or OneDrive? You get 10 free gb of space with Box. 18 free GB with OneDrive.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox