For those who have picked up in store on release day, in previous years...

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Do you just stand in line for hours the whole time? What happens if you need to use the restroom, do you lose your place in line? Do you team up with people and save each other's place? How how long do you wait?

I've never done this, before... Every iPhone I've bought in the past has been months after its release, either at Verizon or at Apple, so I have no idea what I'm in for.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Have an old Gatorade bottle to pee in.

(I am so, so kidding)

Do you have a reservation? If so, don't worry about the line.

If you don't, well, unless you take a buddy to hold your place you best be sure to make friends with those around you so you don't lose your place. People are literally camping out outside of apple stores already.

Sent from my iPhone 5 while anticipating my 6+ with bated breath using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I do not have my reservation yet, Apple said they would send it to me when they send me the email confirming that my phone is ready to be picked up.

cnotes2020

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Aren't they doing special arrangement at Apple stores this year to split the lines and maybe more? Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I do not have my reservation yet, Apple said they would send it to me when they send me the email confirming that my phone is ready to be picked up.

That's what I meant, if you preordered you probably can forego the line waiting. They'll just tell you to show up and then they'll hand you one but keep in mind the staff will be hella busy so there may be a preorder line too, although it won't be as hectic on that side of things.

Sent from my iPhone 5 while anticipating my 6+ with bated breath using Tapatalk

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
If you have a in store pick up order then you will have a phone there waiting for you....you just have to pick it up usually with in 24 hours. This might help too Apple Stores reportedly have new and improved strategies to help iPhone 6 buyers Friday | iMore. When I did this for the iPhone4 there was one long line. At about 6 am Apple store employees came out and gave reservation cards to the walkups and checked us in that had pre-orders gave us a card. Looks like this go around they will have two separate lines one for pre orders and one for walkups.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Since many people have preordered for pick up, I still need to show up early or does Apple email me an appointment of sorts?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If you have a in store pick up order then you will have a phone there waiting for you....you just have to pick it up usually with in 24 hours. This might help too Apple Stores reportedly have new and improved strategies to help iPhone 6 buyers Friday | iMore. When I did this for the iPhone4 there was one long line. At about 6 am Apple store employees came out and gave reservation cards to the walkups and checked us in that had pre-orders gave us a card. Looks like this go around they will have two separate lines one for pre orders and one for walkups.

Hey for the lines, what is the ratio of Pre-Ordered people to Walk Ins? Like 3:1 or something like that?

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I want to say there were more walk ins that pre-orderes but they were letting us in the store 10:1 so 10 pre-ordered to 1 walk in customer

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices