iphone 6 or 6 plus if you have a mini retina

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I need some advice, does it make sense to get a phone 6 plus if you have a ipad mini retina, or should i get the 4.7 version?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I need some advice, does it make sense to get a phone 6 plus if you have a ipad mini retina, or should i get the 4.7 version?

We can’t answer that for you.

I will say that there is a significant size difference between the iPhone 6 Plus and the iPad Mini. I have the Mini and have pre-ordered a 6 Plus.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a mini I carry around in my purse so I got the 4.7 iPhone 6. I use my iPhone as an iPod a lot so I need to be able to stuff it in my pocket easily. If I am on the go like at the bus stop or in a restaurant I default to my mini for surfing, reading, videos, etc.

Xo.pink.xo

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a mini I carry around in my purse so I got the 4.7 iPhone 6. I use my iPhone as an iPod a lot so I need to be able to stuff it in my pocket easily. If I am on the go like at the bus stop or in a restaurant I default to my mini for surfing, reading, videos, etc.

Yes I have the mini as well and I ordered the 4.7 inch iP6! I don't see why you would want a phone as a big as a iPad anyways!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
While there is a significant size difference between the plus and the mini I would not have both devices. While I can see the different uses for them, personally wouldn't make a lot of sense for me. There's almost nothing difference that I would do on the devices and 5.5 is just better to carry around. But again, that's just me. I'm sure others are different. It really depends on the person whether it makes sense or not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have an iPad Mini that I rarely use. My youngest son use it almost exclusively. Still, I don't use the iPad in the same manner as I do my iPhone, and I think that's true for a large portion of the people who own both devices. My iPhone is my primary communications device and my iPad is just an extra device to use when I'm primarily surfing the web or when I've turned OFF my iPhone like I do on occasion. Having said that, it makes sense, at least in my regard, to get an iPhone 6 Plus. I'll still use it as my primary communications device with the benefit of a larger display, and since I rarely use my iPad Mini, there's nothing to ponder.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
This has actually been a sticking point with me too on choosing between the two models. I have a Mini Retina that I use at home, mostly for web browsing, email and the like. I don't need a phone that is actually more than half the size of the Mini to lug around with me all day. I have decided to go with the 4.7" iPhone 6 because it has what I wanted (a larger screen), and will still do what my "5" does...not a whole lot more, but no less. That's cool with me, personally.

Aguaski

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Each person has to make this decision individually. It really depends on how you use your iPhone and iPad. For me - I have an iPad Mini Retina and and I ordered the iPhone 6. My rationale is I felt like I kept my Ipad Mini relevant by maximizing the difference in screen size between my iPad and iPhone. That may not makes sense to others, but it felt right for me when I made my decision. I also run a lot with my iPhone and would feel like I was strapping a TV screen to my arm if I had the 6+.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Every answer posted before me is great! It really is about personal choice - what works best for you. This is not an easy choice. I want to limit the number of devices I have to carry on my person at any one time. I prefer the larger screen and battery life of an iPad, but portability in pants/jacket is not adequate for me. I don't carry my Macbook Air in my pocket after all!

For me, my Macbook Air pretty much took care of personal computing needs (full size iPad just couldn't let me do everything I needed to for work). I therefore stopped using my iPad for purposes other than gaming. The 5.5 inch iPhone is large enough to satisfy my craving for larger screen real estate that I gave up when I gave my iPad to a family member..

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a mini and I would still consider getting the plus. My mini is used strictly for school. No games on it, just stuff I need to make nursing school a little easier in the books department. Carrying my macbook just gets too much with all that stuff.

sc00bz

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I went from a Droid Eris with a 3.2" to a Droid Bionic with a 4.3" a few years ago and the difference was staggering. I was thoroughly pleased. Then, I sold it and went back to an old palm pixi with a 2.2" display for a few months (I wish it hadn't of died; it was a great backup phone and brand new off contract was only $30 on amazon.) to an iphone 5 with a 4" display a bit later and the difference was once again stunning. I chose the IP6 over the plus for 2 reasons. One, work paid for it and is taking over my bill and it took me 3 years to get that offer so I didn't want to push my luck. And 2, due to my working conditions when out of the office, I have to have an otterbox or a case of equal protection. If I didn't need an otterbox, I would've taken the plus hands down but its added size combined with an otterbox defender is just too much bulk for me. I had a GSIII before my current 5S and it in an otterbox was big, but also very manageable. If I was a belt holster person, I might've pushed for a plus but being a back pocket carrier who normally wears slim cut jeans, it wasn't an option.

What it boils down to, is it is purely your personal preference and how large of a device you are comfortable carrying day to day.

I am predicting seeing most women who utilize iPhones to get a plus due to carrying purses. That was a random observation from when I briefly thought about acquiring a note 3 a bit over a year ago that more women carried them than men and it was the only hypothesis I could come up with. There will be quite a few men on this go around but I'm betting they will downsize next time as most of the guys I know who purchased a note 3 wound up upgrading to a GS5 rather than waiting for a note 4 and size was their reasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My mini with retina is the reason why I favor the 6. I didn't at first but for some reason I can't tear my eyes away from the 6. I use my mini a lot these days but it never leaves my home.

Plus I have a habit of sticking my phone down my bra even when i could put it in my purse or pocket.

sc00bz

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My mini with retina is the reason why I favor the 6. I didn't at first but for some reason I can't tear my eyes away from the 6. I use my mini a lot these days but it never leaves my home.

Plus I have a habit of sticking my phone down my bra even when i could put it in my purse or pocket.

Square boob for the win. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711