Why are there so many iPhone haters? (First iPhone owner experience)

Issa-7

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
if you think that there is no relation between someone's mentality and their device you are wrong...i dont say that iphone makes the owner a better person,i just think that iphone owner are classy???????????

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree, I frequent all Mobile Nations and iMore seems to be the most respectful. CrackBerry and WPCentral seem to be the worst

Oh god, the YouTube comments on iphone 6 videos are terrible...

I read the YouTube comments to get a laugh at all the people who treat Android or iOS like a religion or something :)

xsendoux

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
they havent been but i sense their bitterness (they all gots the Samsung note), that a better product is now out with the same screen size! lol

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently an Android user, but used iPhones for years before the switch. I've noticed that, while it's not everyone, there's a large group of Android users who are less accepting of iPhone than compared to iPhone users accepting Android.

iPhone crowd: "Oh, you like Android? That's cool. You should check out how iPhone's work, too, it's pretty neat as well."

Android crowd: "You like iPhone? Why? It sucks/it's weak/it's limited."

While this isn't everyone, it seems to propagate more in the Android crowd. Instead, as others in the thread have mentioned, you should use what works for you and what you like. At the end of the day, it's just a device and it's what you do with it that's more important.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
In a few more days you'll see the hate camps on both sides getting all fired up.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh my gosh, I never heard so many people pissed that other people didn?t get the mobile they bought. Who cares!!! It is just a mobile.

They talk about people being isheep, but they have no problem buying Android and everything Android. Even my friend had a moment when he found out I got an iPhone 6 and not a GS5. I told him to get a grip and he is older than I.

I did not know there was such an issue before, and how bad it was. My kid would get in troubled at school for being a bully with the behavior I am seeing.

It's like I can?t decide how to spend my money.

Has anyone had a friend have a cow because they found out you got an iPhone?

A.B.

OK, this frustrates me immensely. I have had a windows device and 2 Android devices before I decided to go for a change with the iPhone. I personally was not that interested in iPhone, I didn't realise how great they were. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and perhaps everyone is looking for something different in a smart phone.
My boyfriend is giving me SUCH a hard time as I have decided I will go for the iPhone 6 as my new phone and not the Android device he wants me to go for. He says I have been poisoned, and I have fallen into the Apple trap. I will say what I told him. I love that apple design their software as well as the device, they fit hand in hand. Android fit onto so many devices, that its not created solely for that hardware. I will not disagree and say Android is terrible, because it is not. iOS is simple to use, and logical. If I don't know how to do something, I use my initiative and BOOM -0 there it is. I love that if something goes wrong I can pop into a shop (with an appointment) and not have to send it off or have painful conversations online. This is my testimonial to Apple, and I don't understand why we are called iSheep for liking something which is great. I will agree it is over priced, but thats a downside to so many bonus'. I could go on and on and on - but I am sure I will bore you all!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently an Android user, but used iPhones for years before the switch. I've noticed that, while it's not everyone, there's a large group of Android users who are less accepting of iPhone than compared to iPhone users accepting Android.

iPhone crowd: "Oh, you like Android? That's cool. You should check out how iPhone's work, too, it's pretty neat as well."

Android crowd: "You like iPhone? Why? It sucks/it's weak/it's limited."

While this isn't everyone, it seems to propagate more in the Android crowd. Instead, as others in the thread have mentioned, you should use what works for you and what you like. At the end of the day, it's just a device and it's what you do with it that's more important.

Dead on. I want to also include BlackBerry die hard users in the less accepting group too. They're downright rabid.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
OK, this frustrates me immensely. I have had a windows device and 2 Android devices before I decided to go for a change with the iPhone. I personally was not that interested in iPhone, I didn't realise how great they were. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and perhaps everyone is looking for something different in a smart phone.
My boyfriend is giving me SUCH a hard time as I have decided I will go for the iPhone 6 as my new phone and not the Android device he wants me to go for. He says I have been poisoned, and I have fallen into the Apple trap. I will say what I told him. I love that apple design their software as well as the device, they fit hand in hand. Android fit onto so many devices, that its not created solely for that hardware. I will not disagree and say Android is terrible, because it is not. iOS is simple to use, and logical. If I don't know how to do something, I use my initiative and BOOM -0 there it is. I love that if something goes wrong I can pop into a shop (with an appointment) and not have to send it off or have painful conversations online. This is my testimonial to Apple, and I don't understand why we are called iSheep for liking something which is great. I will agree it is over priced, but thats a downside to so many bonus'. I could go on and on and on - but I am sure I will bore you all!

I'm seeing someone who jokingly calls me an iSheep. He's kidding (he thinks) but there is an underlying bite to it. The other day, after too many iSheep comments here in the forums, he tried that and I just about bit his head off.

It might be a while before he tries that again.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to remember is that it's easy to bash and belittle people online. Many people feel so insecure in real life, and can not communicate face to face with another human. However, online they are GOD!! they can do and say whatever they want, and it makes them feel better about themselves. They also don't have to worry about the face to face confrontation.

Either way, it comes down to what is best for you. I have used Blackberry, Android, and Windows phones in the past...but I have ALWAYS come back to the iPhone. I know many people who use different devices, and I would never put them down for doing so. At the same time, if they ask me why I prefer my iPhone over another device, I will happily tell them...and I can do so knowing that I have experienced most platforms and have based my opinions, needs and wants off of the experiences I have gained in doing so.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
It's an interesting pandemic that I imagine is fed by various factors. Instead of listing them all, I'll mention the one I personally feel is prevalent.

The favorite child

Samsung has come out with numerous flagships boasting high level specs, 'innovative' features, etc. Google has lent its prowess to the Nexus series. HTC, LG, and Motorola have their pieces of the pie. They run an open source operating system that claims to be more advanced, offer more features, customization, etc. On paper, Android and its phones should reign supreme.

But the bloggers talk about iPhones, tech sites talk about iPhones. iPhones break sales records. iPhones sell 4 million stinkin units in less than 24 hours. Apple and the iPhone is the favorite child despite lesser 'specs', the 'walled garden', the 'high cost', the 'phone with features that were on android in 2012'.

And it drives android fanboys crazy!! They hate it. They hate Apple for it. And they call you a sheep. Even though you could Just. As. Easily. go out and buy an android phone instead. They hate that you choose the iPhone over their phone. It's THEIR phone that's supposed to reign supreme! How dare you!

I surmise that if fanboys of either platform would worry a little less about what others are using and spend more time enjoying what they chose to buy, we could all get along that much better and enjoy each other that much more.

This. So much this.

There is something I love about each platform (yes even blackberry). I think members of other platforms get bent out of shape because it doesn't seem to matter how innovative another company gets, it's always about the iphone. I mean LG made a flexible screen last year. That's crazy!!! Samsung is releasing a curved screen this year. That's crazy innovation!!! Not necessarily practical at this juncture, but really cool! It comes down to techies I think that look at all of these crazy things other platforms do and then try to share their excitement and all someone else says is, but did you hear about the new iphone? It has a bigger screen! (Not knocking the iphone, I'm totally getting a 6).

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Dead on. I want to also include BlackBerry die hard users in the less accepting group too. They're downright rabid.

I've often thought a doctoral dissertation could be written about the posters on CrackBerry.com. For years now they have, to use your word, rabidly defended their BlackBerry devices. If a critical comment is made about their beloved BlackBerrys from an outsider, they circle the wagons and defend before moving on the attack. What's more, CrackBerry posters as a group not only follow the technical development of their phones they are also deeply interested in the business operation of the company. When BBRY stock price rises they rejoice as if their favorite sports team had won a big game. Quarterly earnings announcements are anticipated like United States presidential election results. They hang on the words of their CEO; Mike Lazaridis-Jim Balsillie, Thorsten Heins, and now John Chen as if they were the words of a prophet preaching to the world. I know of no other group of consumers as passionate about the total operation of a company as CrackBerry users are about BlackBerry.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Once upon a time there was 3 little girls that when to the police academy (Just joking).

I have a story about 2 groups of sheep. Let’s call them A-Sheep and i-Sheep. A-Sheep was always hating on i-Sheep. Not realizing that they were hating on i-Sheep for the same thing A-Sheep were.

I am not taking this seriously at all, but it reminds me of how I behaved as a kid. Now it is acceptable to behave like that as adults.

A.B.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I hate Pirates! Pirates are overrated! Pirates are so 1700's Being a Smuggler is where it's at ...

You just don't know how much better Pirates are than others. You are just so clueless. If you cant afford being a Pirate just stick with your crab. Have you ever even tried being a Pirate. I now some people who have tried both and liked it. We call them bi-Pirates.

A.B.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
You just don't know how much better Pirates are than others. You are just so clueless. If you cant afford being a Pirate just stick with your crab. Have you ever even tried being a Pirate. I now some people who have tried both and liked it. We call them bi-Pirates.

A.B.
All my friends at work used to be Pirates, now that they've seen how cool it is to be a Smuggler, they're all Smugglers now and would never go back to being a Pirate!!!
PS- You & Johnny Depp have SMALL swords !!!

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All my friends at work used to be Pirates, now that they've seen how cool it is to be a Smuggler, they're all Smugglers now and would never go back to being a Pirate!!!
PS- You & Johnny Depp have SMALL swords !!!

That's not what you (wife, mother, sister, girlfriend, boyfriend [please circle appropriate word]) said!!!.

Besides I have more loot in my Treasure Store than you do. My loot is better quality with less ratware than yours.

A.B.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner