I opened up a new line on my family plan which a family member is going to use their iPhone and it will activate the 6 on my line. My question is that I remember when I got the 5 and used an alternate upgrade, I had to activate the phone on the line that it was ordered on first and then it took 24 hours to switch it to my line due to the sim aging they told me. Will I have to do the same this time around - activate the phone on the new number and then switch over to my line and will it really take that long again?
- 09-15-2014, 06:15 PM #2
- 09-15-2014, 06:39 PM #3
Re: Activating phones
You really have 2 options:
Activate the phone on the correct line and then swap the SIM. This is easiest given the same SIM size. Or
Go into the store before you activate and they'll swap. They may also be able to do it over the phone too.
- By slicksushi11 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 13Last Post: 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM
- By murtzjaffer in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 5Last Post: 09-15-2014, 11:42 AM
- By melbsteve in forum iOS 8Replies: 3Last Post: 09-15-2014, 11:03 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-15-2014, 05:48 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2014, 04:51 AM