What is the best way to transfer apps / data to new iphone?

marky66

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for my iPhone 6 pre-order to ship. But in the meantime, what is the best way to transfer app data, voicemails, etc. over to the new phone? From what I understand, iTunes or iCloud will transfer all of the apps, but not that data. I believe I would need to purchase a third-party software for that?? Any recommendations??? Thank you!!

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Icloud will transfer the Back up data from all apps that create it to view what apps will have their data transfered you can go to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage (under Icloud tab)>Show all

If its not listed then it should still be included in the update created when you sync to a computer but in order to retrieve that you would have to sync with a computer with the back up stored on it (I know so old fashioned)

No third party should be needed and using one is not recommended as most of them that could do it are designed for other purposes (like copying music files from the phone to a new computer).

yungskeeme

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I think that with the iCloud method, anything and everything in that backup gets downloaded whether you want it or not.

Just googled and couldn't find anything. I wanted to carry over some of my apps but not all. Guess I'll have to remove the apps I don't want, backup and then restore.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Sadly as you said the only way is to delete them then backup and restore.

If you don't want them on your new iPhone then I'm guessing you don't need them on your old one.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
If you use the iTunes backup/restore route, make sure to encrypt your iTunes backup. This will then backup your email account information as well so you don't have to enter in new credentials. (Not sure how this would work when using a unique app password because you use 2 factor auth (Google/Hotmail/Live/Outlook.com), but for Exchange accounts, etc., this works.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll