voLTE - Are we saying GOODBYE to our Data faster than ever now?

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
During Apples event, Tim Cook mentioned a feature coming to iOS 8 called voLTE . Does this feature use data? and if so are we saying Goodbye to our monthly data plans. I personally don't have Unlimited Data, I wish AT&T offered it but they don't, I think the price we pay for data is completely ridiculous especially when there's a cap but that's a different discussion for a different day.

I'm sure the iWatch is a data user also unless there's a sim card slot we don't know about yet LOL

Apple.JPG

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon it will work like picture messaging. Voice calls use data but they won't count that against your limit. It will count against minutes, which are unlimited these days on newer plans. The video chat will be what will use data if you decide to use it.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
With Verizon it will work like picture messaging. Voice calls use data but they won't count that against your limit. It will count against minutes, which are unlimited these days on newer plans. The video chat will be what will use data if you decide to use it.

That's good news to hear, thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2