Waiting for iPhone 6/6+ pre-order pajama party!

ThorOlson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Born luck I guess. I tried Apple Store on iPhone at 0230, couldn't get in. I eventually ordered one at AT&T, and the confirm email said 21 to 28 to ship. That sucked.

I noticed at 0430 the Apple Store was finally up on the normal website. Tried ordering one there. Said 7-10 business days to ship. Tried local pick up, and ONE WAS AVAILABLE AT A LOCAL APPLE STORE!!!!! Ordered it, and cancelled my ATT order.

"Never give up, never surrender."

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I wanted to upgrade my son's dumbphone to the iP6. ATT online store was up, but did not offer the 3GB/line plan. They had only the Family Share plans to pick from. That's a nono as I MUST preserve my old unlimited data plan.

Had to bail out out and make an appt for a store visit.

Edit: WTF!! tried Apple store. That gave me the choice of many more data plans.

Placed order at 6 AM Eastern. Delivers on 9/19.
Lucky (spoilt) son!!
Woooot!!

Edit2: Have to go to store for my upgrade as I want to trade-in my iP5 (for $200)

Last edited:

astarling10

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Got an email from AT&T premier for one of my orders (128gb 6, silver) but nothing yet for the other one I ordered (128gb 6+, space grey.)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

clayton006

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Got mine pre-ordered from Verizon. I am re-upping my current Edge program. I travel to NYC on the 19th so I was glad when they said the delivery date would be 10/7. Got my preorder in as soon as the system would cooperate at around 3:40am Eastern.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone still trying to pre-order on T-Mobile, specifically if you're using JUMP, call in to customer service NOW. I Just got off with them and my order is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just placed my order with T-Mobile and it's already on backorder. Apparently some people were able to order at 12am somehow. No telling when the order will ship. I still don't see it on the website!

Anyone still trying to pre-order on T-Mobile, specifically if you're using JUMP, call in to customer service NOW. I Just got off with them and my order is done.

Is your order on backorder too?

astarling10

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Had a change of heart and decided I want the 6 instead of the 6+. Just went on Apple and ordered one. Took maybe 5 minutes. Says it will arrive on launch day. Now I'll have to call att and cancel my order through them. I haven't received confirmation email from AT&T yet for that order but I did get one for the 6 I ordered for my wife.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Was unable to order via Apple.com - the Apple Store App on iPhone/iPad would let me choose my options and tell me it would deliver on the 19th but would never let me add it to my cart/continue. Eventually ordered through AT&T [when it quit showing the stupid splash page and actually let me order] and now I'm looking at 14 to 21 *business* days for shipping.

I am sorely disappointed. I'd be OK with it being on back-order if the site/stores were online at 12 AM PT like they were supposed to and I was just slow to the punch. I'm severely disappointed that the reason my phones are on back-order is no fault of my own and there's literally nothing I could have done to prevent it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
FINALLY! I was able to get through on the Apple Store app around 4:00 EST and order a 6+ 64GB silver (Sprint). I wanted space grey but they were out so I settled. Then around 6:00 I was able to get a 6 64GB silver (Sprint) on the app as well for my wife. Both being delivered 9/19. Woo hoo!

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
After waking up at 2:45 AM (I'm on the East coast) Falling back a asleep for an hour, then waking up again cursing myself I realized that the Apple Store and Verizon weren't up yet, so I waited half an hour saw it was up, preordered it then went to bed, and play there in a half sleep trying to figure out if that was a dream or not. I eventually fell back to sleep, saw the page confirming I had ordered, and I am super glad I woke up in the middle of the night. I'm super excited for my 64GB Gold iPhone 6

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a 4.7 128 space grey off Apple site. Took 5 min. Just now (5:40am CDT). From what I could see - 6+ already on backorder. 6 still available for 9/19 delivery.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I just placed my order with T-Mobile and it's already on backorder. Apparently some people were able to order at 12am somehow. No telling when the order will ship. I still don't see it on the website!

Is your order on backorder too?

No, I'm able to pick it up in store on the 19th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So I can finally see the iPhone 6 on the tmobile upgrade page for pre order with a vague this device will ship soon, but I cant use jump on that page. The jump upgrade page has gone back down, hopefully to update it with the 6. Called customer support and she experienced the same issue. This is proving to be a very frustrating first experience. I just want to get rid of my Note 3 and never deal with touchwiz again!!