Waiting for iPhone 6/6+ pre-order pajama party!

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how prevalent it is. Apple has a habit of bringing out great things that don't really get adopted (look at Passbook).

I like the idea behind it. From what I saw, it would be a very secure setup for the common hacks.

1) Stolen cards/numbers at the restaurant etc. No cards to make a copy of. One time number can't be used again elsewhere. But I'm wondering how they're planning on dealing with the actual payment. No way I'm giving up my iPhone 6+ to some waiter to take to the back room/drop.

2) Hacks that hit Target and Home Depot. By providing essentially a one time number for the charge, you don't have to worry about the number living on misc servers with questionable security practices. Even if the number gets out, it can't be used.

3) The main concern is Apple security. Being the single holder does leave Apple itself open to hacks. They get in a situation like Target/Home Depot was and get all their accounts stolen, it would be a major black eye.

Totally agree! Hopefully this gets supported by many retailers and not another Passbook (which I love with my single Starbucks card lol)

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Me!!!! I always forget my wallet at home so this will be very useful.

How many of you are going to use apple pay, just curious?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I'll use it anywhere I can.

Yes that is what I am afraid of even with the cheap one I ordered today.

That is partly why I am thinking of starting with an Apple Case

I always keep it in a pocket of it's own anyways. You don't want keys next to it. However, barely fitting in a pocket is a concern. I doubt a belt clip would help much. It'd be bad to have to buy a murse to carry around your phone. :)

Plus, when you sit down, leg still needs to bend.

Just an unofficial poll. Of everyone upgrading iPhones, who will download ios 8 on your old phone on the 17th to play with it a couple of days and who will hold off for the new phone to get in your hands?

ME! ;)

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I use to have a co-worker who drank one of those huge mugs you get from gas stations every morning. Amazes me still today.
I also had a health teacher who drank a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper every day.

I don't drink sodas or juice. Just water and coffee, it's in my Swedish blood.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
One more question.

If you primarily use the phone for email and text, you will clearly be sacrificing one handed typing if you go with the Plus. Is that accurate? That's really what it comes down to for me.

I think the 128 is a no-brainer, especially if you are making a two year commitment to the phone. I also worked out a deal with my provider to get 6GB for $30 which basically gives me a lot of freedom to watch stuff on the phone.

So really, it is just about the texting difficulty. It's the ONLY reason why I am wavering on 6 Plus.

They have that double tap the home button to shrink it down for one hand typing. I invariably use both hands for typing e-mails though. Just too slow one handed. Or you can use Siri to transcribe for you. Unless you've got an accent. Then it can be fun trying to get Siri to understand what the heck you're saying.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Morning all!!!!! The time is almost upon us! This is my 2nd iPhone pajama party with iMore. I was here last year for the release of the 5c and 5s and ended up settling for the 5c (due to supply constraints). I love my iPhone but don't wanna settle again. So who's getting what? I'm still on the fence as to which iPhone I want. Both appear to be awesome iPhones.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Redshirt... you seem solidly committed to the Plus.

so you aren't concerned about its bulk? You are really helping to convince me.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone will Probably not be shiped overnight. I think apple wants the people who preorder and people who buy in store to to get the phone at the same time

What they've done in the past is sent it before, with a hold at the shipper till the day before. That way it's pre-staged and more likely to get in the bulk of people's hands on delivery day. Whether or not they'll do that now, who knows.

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Good point. My wife is getting my 5s and I sold her 5 on eBay today. I left the 5 on 7.1.2. I am going ahead and switching her over to the 5s and I am breaking out the old 4s until the new ride gets here. Going "back to the future" but definitely getting ios 8 when it drops.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Been trying to figure it out all day. Leaning to the 6 Plus but getting feedback here on texting.

Morning all!!!!! The time is almost upon us! This is my 2nd iPhone pajama party with iMore. I was here last year for the release of the 5c and 5s and ended up settling for the 5c (due to supply constraints). I love my iPhone but don't wanna settle again. So who's getting what? I'm still on the fence as to which iPhone I want. Both appear to be awesome iPhones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative