Waiting for iPhone 6/6+ pre-order pajama party!

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
How many of you are going to use apple pay, just curious?

Depends on how prevalent it is. Apple has a habit of bringing out great things that don't really get adopted (look at Passbook).

I like the idea behind it. From what I saw, it would be a very secure setup for the common hacks.

1) Stolen cards/numbers at the restaurant etc. No cards to make a copy of. One time number can't be used again elsewhere. But I'm wondering how they're planning on dealing with the actual payment. No way I'm giving up my iPhone 6+ to some waiter to take to the back room/drop.

2) Hacks that hit Target and Home Depot. By providing essentially a one time number for the charge, you don't have to worry about the number living on misc servers with questionable security practices. Even if the number gets out, it can't be used.

3) The main concern is Apple security. Being the single holder does leave Apple itself open to hacks. They get in a situation like Target/Home Depot was and get all their accounts stolen, it would be a major black eye.

jake501

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So another AT&T question for Jake: I'm not the main account holder and I'm ordering through the apple website. I have the account login info and pin, is that all I need for the preorder?

my wife does the ordering as they are in her name, but I think you will also need the last four digits of the account holders SS number..

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
One more question.

If you primarily use the phone for email and text, you will clearly be sacrificing one handed typing if you go with the Plus. Is that accurate? That's really what it comes down to for me.

I think the 128 is a no-brainer, especially if you are making a two year commitment to the phone. I also worked out a deal with my provider to get 6GB for $30 which basically gives me a lot of freedom to watch stuff on the phone.

So really, it is just about the texting difficulty. It's the ONLY reason why I am wavering on 6 Plus.

Really depends....I was able to one hand text and email on my note 2 which is about as big as the 6+

MASTER JULIAN

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone will Probably not be shiped overnight. I think apple wants the people who preorder and people who buy in store to to get the phone at the same time

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Just an unofficial poll. Of everyone upgrading iPhones, who will download ios 8 on your old phone on the 17th to play with it a couple of days and who will hold off for the new phone to get in your hands?

I will have it on my iPad but I am getting rid of a ****ty Android device.

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a silver and black iPhone.

Oh well. I'm currently planning on a 64 GB 6 Plus but I'll probably change my mind 10 times between now and 3:00 AM...

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just an unofficial poll. Of everyone upgrading iPhones, who will download ios 8 on your old phone on the 17th to play with it a couple of days and who will hold off for the new phone to get in your hands?

I lean toward not. Invariably it's crappy on the older generation phones. iOS 7 was a major disappointment in that respect. Plus, if you sell, you may get a better value if it's not upgraded (some people like their jailbreaks).

Jaker011

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Also for AT&T customers, if you preorder now and still want to trade in your current device, you can still do that for some bill credit at anytime after next Friday when your new phone comes in. Good condition 5S gets $300 and good condition 4, 4S, and 5 get $200

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner