Official Waiting In Line For The iPhone 6/6 Plus Thread!

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The line is literally wrapped around the back of the mall. I'm probably not gonna get the plus now. But maybe I should still try? I still need to talk with their ATT rep about fixing my upgrade eligibility.

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just left a Verizon store in Northern Virginia out by Dulles. Waited about 2 hours and got a Space Gray 64GB 6. They didn't have any Pluses at all but after holding both in my hand, i'm glad i went with the 4.7 inch. Very happy! Good luck to everyone out there who hasn't picked up a phone yet. Hope you find the one you want :)

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm home with the new phone!!!! Yeah!!! It is big, but beautiful. Haven't played with it much because my apps are still downloading (gasp, I'm using the website at the moment) and I'm getting my old iPhone set up for my husband and restoring it to his stuff. Part of our deal that I get a new one each year is that I have to do all the setup for him when I pass my 1 year old phone to him.
Just got my 6 and on my way home to rest. Will set it up later.

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm home with the new phone!!!! Yeah!!! It is big, but beautiful. Haven't played with it much because my apps are still downloading (gasp, I'm using the website at the moment) and I'm getting my old iPhone set up for my husband and restoring it to his stuff. Part of our deal that I get a new one each year is that I have to do all the setup for him when I pass my 1 year old phone to him.

6 or 6+?

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Sprint guys just came out. They have no pluses. Few guys ran to their car to go somewhere else. Grrrrrreat and I was considering the plus. I guess it is better to go to the apple store. :/

realpatmurphy

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife waited at AT&T since 430am for her and I. They didn't mention anything ALL morning and then as she gets ready to get us both one when they open (I'm military and couldn't call out sick to attend) they tell her 1 iphone per physical person here). BULL****! Screw AT&T. Maybe just this store in a popular area but that is stupid, I have been able to get my wife and I both iPhones every year without her being there without any issue. I am definitely going to complain.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! :party::dancing::party:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I waited in line from 10:45pm until this morning. Was first in line and got the only space grey 128gb version of the 6+.

I'm 2 hours in. What an AMAZING device. I haven't touched close to all that it can do. It is a blast.

Having said that, I am almost certain I will go with the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 as my daily driver. Just waiting for it to arrive today.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble syncing mine. The contacts synced without a problem but music gets stuck on "waiting for changes to be applied." Normally I'd attribute a bug at this time to a traffic volume issue, but an iTunes sync should be a local transaction, not needing to connect to a server, right? Any suggestions? Thanks.

RMCSteve

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I feel for you with AT&T. We waited for 3 hours in line at the Destiny USA store, I was 13th in line and repeatedly asked staff if they had any 64 or 128 Plusses in stock. They refused to answer. I filled out their registration paperwork, a staff person came by to review it, asked again, no response. When my turn finally came as I neared the end of my 3rd hour, the salesperson smugly smiled and informed me that never received any of those. What b*llsh*t on AT&T's part, three hours of waiting and nothing. They could not even start a waiting list, so it's entirely possible that they could get them later today and have someone just walk in and get lucky.

No apologies, nothing but a smile and an offer to buy the 6. This whole experience has severely soured me on Apple and AT&T. I've been buying at every launch starting with the 3GS and after 5 years this is the first time I've struck out. Most of my party waited in line at the Apple store, 3 hours before opening and struck out too. They weren't told until 8:15 that they were SOL. Great showing on Apples part there too.

Samsung may have just won over a new customer.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
We are now the proud owner of an iPhone 6, 6 plus and 5s and 5C.

I was unable to decide between the 6 and the 5s so I winded up getting both and I will be taking the one I don't want back within 14 days.

My lumia 1520 is going to my little brother(13) to see if he likes it while I use my new iphones and if he likes it and I like my iphones, he just scored a new phablet :D

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I feel for you with AT&T. We waited for 3 hours in line at the Destiny USA store, I was 13th in line and repeatedly asked staff if they had any 64 or 128 Plusses in stock. They refused to answer. I filled out their registration paperwork, a staff person came by to review it, asked again, no response. When my turn finally came as I neared the end of my 3rd hour, the salesperson smugly smiled and informed me that never received any of those. What b*llsh*t on AT&T's part, three hours of waiting and nothing. They could not even start a waiting list, so it's entirely possible that they could get them later today and have someone just walk in and get lucky.

No apologies, nothing but a smile and an offer to buy the 6. This whole experience has severely soured me on Apple and AT&T. I've been buying at every launch starting with the 3GS and after 5 years this is the first time I've struck out. Most of my party waited in line at the Apple store, 3 hours before opening and struck out too. They weren't told until 8:15 that they were SOL. Great showing on Apples part there too.

Samsung may have just won over a new customer.

Wow. I get that AT&T screwed you over. Not sure about the Apple Store thing - that doesn't sound typical. But with the demand, you’re ready to jump ship? Good move. But Samsung? Have fun with that.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Got in line at 10:30p.m on Thursday. Was about 50th in line at the Greensboro, North Carolina Apple store. Doors opened. Waited another 2 hours to get into the store. It was worth it. Proud new owner of the iPhone 6 64gb Space Gray on Verizon. Would have documented it for everyone but I was using Blackberry Bold. Impossible. Enjoy your devices everyone!

inoutside

May 4, 2013
Visit site
9:12am

Apple Store, Manhattan Beach

LINE HAS NOT MOVED!

Apple store employees startd giving out water, coffee, granola bars, pastry, but did not even reach the first 80 of the line! Line has not moved one bit. Only people receiving their iPhones are pre-order pick ups. "To the front of the line!" Says associate to a late comer asking for pre-ordered devices. Not happy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen