Official Waiting In Line For The iPhone 6/6 Plus Thread!

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've only ever waited in line for the 3G and iPad 2. The iPad 2 line was awesome. Everyone geeked out about having their iphones jailbroken and showing off how they customized everything and just talked tech.

Sent from my OnePlus One

crystaljewell

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Here's my dilemma.

I did not preorder an iphone 6. I am eligible for an upgrade and what I want is the iphone 6 plus, space gray - any size. Can I get what I want by standing in line somewhere on Sept 19??

As I see it, my options are as follows:

1) Apple Store (over an hr away, plus D.C area) - seems like it could be CARAZY.

2) Sprint Store (my carrier) - I called them and they said they will probably have zero phones for people who did not preorder. Can that be right??

3) Best Buy - I can get the $125 BB GC. (I called and they said they should have phone for liner uppers.)

4) Radio Shack - I've heard they will give $100 credit for my 4s plus a $50 itunes GC. (Talked to the worker here who seemed like he'd never even heard of iphone.)

Will any of these stores have what I need? What's my best option? I'm willing to stand in line at whatever time is necessary, blankets and camp chair in tow.

Advice, please!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's my dilemma.

I did not preorder an iphone 6. I am eligible for an upgrade and what I want is the iphone 6 plus, space gray - any size. Can I get what I want by standing in line somewhere on Sept 19??
It's possible, but it will depend on the store and how many device they have in stock. Also, many stores have pre-orders and will only allow those who have pre-ordered to get the devices FIRST.

As I see it, my options are as follows:

1) Apple Store (over an hr away, plus D.C area) - seems like it could be CARAZY.

2) Sprint Store (my carrier) - I called them and they said they will probably have zero phones for people who did not preorder. Can that be right??

3) Best Buy - I can get the $125 BB GC. (I called and they said they should have phone for liner uppers.)

4) Radio Shack - I've heard they will give $100 credit for my 4s plus a $50 itunes GC. (Talked to the worker here who seemed like he'd never even heard of iphone.)

Will any of these stores have what I need? What's my best option? I'm willing to stand in line at whatever time is necessary, blankets and camp chair in tow.

Advice, please!!

Nobody can know if any of the stores will have the specific device you want on the day you mentioned. It'll be a crap shoot.

NekoMichi

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I used the reserve and pickup option of the Apple Store website, which supposedly guarantees me one of the launch day stock so long as I turn up on the day to pay for it in-store. I heard that people who reserved get to go in a different queue, so I'll be rolling up early on the 19th. Has anyone else tried this option before instead of pre-ordering or waiting in the first-come-first-served line?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I used the reserve and pickup option of the Apple Store website, which supposedly guarantees me one of the launch day stock so long as I turn up on the day to pay for it in-store. I heard that people who reserved get to go in a different queue, so I'll be rolling up early on the 19th. Has anyone else tried this option before instead of pre-ordering or waiting in the first-come-first-served line?

This is what alex.shimp told me on another thread earlier:

When I preordered the iPhone 4 with in store pickup they gave everyone cards and checked those of us in who preordered. When we got into the mall the split the line up. The first 5-10 people in line got into the store first. Then they started bringing in groups from the none pre order and pre order lines and they had a queue in the store. However it was like a 10 to 1 ratio of preorder to non preorder after they brought the first people in line in.

So basically the first 10 people, regardless of pre-order status, go in first, then they split the line up into Pre-Ordered and Non Pre-Ordered and let about 10 Pre-Ordered people go in for every 1 Non Pre-Ordered. :)

ItzelGarcia

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok I need advice.
Like others I REALLY want the iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey 64gb.
Now I went to my local Verizon store (Phoenix, Arizona)
was approved and everything BUT than I was told I would receive my iPhone October 28?
YES thats right!! October 28 ): okay so I am extremely hard headed. The guy than told me my other option was to camp out on September 19th. Now I've never done this.
Question #1 Has anyone else gotten October 28 as a delivery date??

Question #2 If I camp out what should I go? I was thinking maybe 3-4am?? Crazy right?? Lol
It is now Sunday & I am freaking out about not being able to get the phone in space grey or even worse not getting one at all!!

Please help? Advice??? Thanks in advance!! xoxo & everyone who is going to camp out wish you guys the best of luck!! :)

ItzelGarcia

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 6 Plus pick up? From where? & where are you located??
I have my iphone 6 plus pre ordered for in store pick up on the 19th, so I won't be camping out.

The only iphone launch that I camped out/ stood in line for a REALLY long time was for the iPhone 4. I arrived at my local apple store 5AM the day it launched ( without a pre order) and stood in line for like 12-13 hours. I didn't get my phone until like 5:30- 6pm. The line WAS HUGE. Both the pre order line and the non pre order lines covered up the entire second floor of the mall where my local Apple Store is located. Easily the most massive line I have ever seen/ been in for a product launch.

I did meet some cool people in line and by the end it felt like we all had known each other for YEARS lol. We had like a iphone family/ friendship in line lol. Some of whom I am still friends with today and so I lost contact with sadly.

Apple also fed us breakfast, lunch, AND dinner while waiting in line. Krispy Kreme and coffe in the morning, Pizza Hut for lunch, and hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. We were also on all three of our local news casts, morning, noon, and night.

I was only 22 then and in college so I had the time to wait in long lines for hours lol. Now I am 26 and have to work on the 19th ( but getting off a bit early at noon) to pick up my iphone 6 plus in store. Can't wait!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok I need advice.
Like others I REALLY want the iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey 64gb.
Now I went to my local Verizon store (Phoenix, Arizona)
was approved and everything BUT than I was told I would receive my iPhone October 28?
YES thats right!! October 28 ): okay so I am extremely hard headed. The guy than told me my other option was to camp out on September 19th. Now I've never done this.
Question #1 Has anyone else gotten October 28 as a delivery date??

Question #2 If I camp out what should I go? I was thinking maybe 3-4am?? Crazy right?? Lol
It is now Sunday & I am freaking out about not being able to get the phone in space grey or even worse not getting one at all!!

Please help? Advice??? Thanks in advance!! xoxo & everyone who is going to camp out wish you guys the best of luck!! :)

For the camp out:

The 6+ is looking really limited in stock in the stores, both carrier and Apple Stores. If you really want to get the color, capacity, and carrier you want, you might want to camp out starting at like 10-11 PM the night before (Thursday). Camping out at 3-4 AM will probably not get you the phone or color you want.

P.S.: I'm planning on camping out at 6 PM on Thursday at my local store so I can guarantee getting the model I want. This will probably put me at first or second in line, so it will almost guarantee I get the one I want.

ItzelGarcia

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Okay thank you very much I will need to contact my local store and ask what time they will be opened. (since they didnt have a time when i was there) Ill have to drive thursday afternoon and see if anyone is standing out there just to see what i am going up against, thanks for the quick response. I really hope staying up and effort will be worth it after all, I am nervous and anxious haha

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay thank you very much I will need to contact my local store and ask what time they will be opened. (since they didnt have a time when i was there) Ill have to drive thursday afternoon and see if anyone is standing out there just to see what i am going up against, thanks for the quick response. I really hope staying up and effort will be worth it after all, I am nervous and anxious haha

Good luck! Hope you get it!!!!!

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 6 Plus pick up? From where? & where are you located??

I am in Norfolk, Virginia with in store pick up from the apple store for the 19th. Currently, it says processing order but I am sure it will change to shopping to store sometime this week :)

I pre ordered around 4:30-5AM EST Friday September 12th via the Apple Store iphone app. I lucked out for sure. I just hope I don't get screwed over somehow and they change the pick up date or something.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Good luck with camping out! :)

jskudera

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
The only time I've 'camped' out was for the 4 launch. If I recall, I got to the Apple Store (in a mall) around 6am with store opening at 10. Got a phone no problem.

I placed my 6+, website said 9/19 delivery...got my email confirmation shortly after which said 7-10 business days. Then I went back on the order website, still was saying 9/19. Called Apple today, obviously nothing they can really do but she told me to keep an eye out because it might get shipped earlier with people cancelling orders and waiting in line instead.

Long story short... I'll probably go to the Apple Store around 5AM and give it a shot.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I am on my lunch break now and got lunch inside the mall where the new apple store is opening Friday in my area.

There are already two people camped out in the mall parking lot with a tent etc. The store is also giving away limited edition apple shirts for the grand opening. So this makes two apple stores within 15-30 mins of where I live lol. Come on Friday!

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yea the apple store that I have my iphone 6 plus pre ordered for in store pick up is only 10-15 mind from my outside inside a mall.

The new store opening Friday is about 25- 30 kind away in another mall. There are people lining up at the new store already but not a the one near my house. It's gonna be crazy at the grand opening for the store and the iPhone 6!

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yea the apple store that I have my iphone 6 plus pre ordered for in store pick up is only 10-15 mins from my outside inside a mall.

The new store opening Friday is about 25- 30 mins away in another mall. There are people lining up at the new store already but not a the one near my house. It's gonna be crazy at the grand opening for the store and the iPhone 6!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR