iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
LAST second change of heart. Literally. Went with the 4.7" silver 128GB.

In the end, continued one handed use and portability outweighed OIS and 401ppi for me. Battery wasn't a concern.

Aww. Wasn't expecting that. Oh well I'm still sticking with my decision with the 5.5 iPhone plus. Can't go wrong.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the biggest difference (and it could make a huge difference in sunlight) is the contrast ratio on the 5s is 800:1 but on the 6 is 1500:1!

Not to mention the other screen improvements that they implemented and have been touting in all of the comparisons/reviews. Good to see further improvements in the screen, especially in outdoor visibility

JeffAces28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So i have an iPhone 6+ 64gb coming in friday and my mom said I can use her upgrade also. Should I buy a gold 64gb iphone 6 and sell it. It would be available for friday delivery according to Verizon. Either way, should I do it?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
After much back and forth, I've decided to go with a Silver, 64 GB iPhone 6. I would love to have the features of the plus (OIS and extended battery) but the size is a little too much for me. The 6 is still a step up in screen size and it'll have all the major new features. Hopefully I'll be able to find one on Friday (unless I decide to waffle again tomorrow and switch back to the 6 plus)!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm really tempted to get the 6+, but I'm still concerned about the size being too big for me than I'd like. The 6 seems more ideal but lacks stuff that only the 6+ can do. I think Apple made the mistake in giving the 6+ slightly better specs.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that it was easier/possible to put these "updated" specs in a larger phone because there's more space to work with. I'm guessing the OIS camera is slightly thicker than what the 6 would allow. Also, the increased batt life can be chalked up to having a bigger space to put the battery. While I have always thought the previous iPhones were close to ideal in size and chuckled at the thought of a "phablet," I took a shot with the plus. The larger screen will hopefully be easier for me to read (it sucks getting old). I made cardboard mock-ups of the phones, and the 6plus wasn't as large as I thought it would be. It didn't feel completely unwieldy in my hands, and it still fits in my pockets. We'll see if that holds true when the actual device arrives.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing that it was easier/possible to put these "updated" specs in a larger phone because there's more space to work with. I'm guessing the OIS camera is slightly thicker than what the 6 would allow. Also, the increased batt life can be chalked up to having a bigger space to put the battery. While I have always thought the previous iPhones were close to ideal in size and chuckled at the thought of a "phablet," I took a shot with the plus. The larger screen will hopefully be easier for me to read (it sucks getting old). I made cardboard mock-ups of the phones, and the 6plus wasn't as large as I thought it would be. It didn't feel completely unwieldy in my hands, and it still fits in my pockets. We'll see if that holds true when the actual device arrives.

OIS is really the only reason I considered the 6+ but went with the 6. I really don't know why Apple just didn't make the 6 just as thick as the 6+ and add OIS not that big of a difference

Posted via the iMore App for Android

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try on Friday morning to snag a 6+. But to be honest, I have no clue which I'll ultimately keep. Pros and cons to each in my opinion and that sucks. First time I've ever felt this way with an Apple release. Not a good feeling.

Are you camped out in line already? :p

AvgGuyFL

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
OIS is really the only reason I considered the 6+ but went with the 6. I really don't know why Apple just didn't make the 6 just as thick as the 6+ and add OIS not that big of a difference

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I agree on the thickness issue. Even if it were a little thicker, it still could be thinner than the previous models. If they would have included OIS and a slightly better battery on the regular 6, I would have ordered one. I may still return my 6 Plus to exchange for a 6. I'm afraid Apple will see a lot more returns of the 6 Plus over these issues.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Marketing. Apple probably figured they needed to lure people to the bigger Plus. Probably more margin on it.

Originally the lack of OIS bugged me on the regular 6, but I got over it pretty quick. The 6 takes amazing pictures.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Finally got into an Apple Store today just to get a hands on. The 6+ is beautiful & enticing but I don't know how comfortable I could be using it every day. Perhaps if I worked in an office & had a suit jacket pocket to put the phone in I could see that.... But my job isn't that boring to warrant a gigantic distraction device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen