iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Well thanks to Finn I just canceled my preorder. Have a lot of leg work to do Friday, but I know I won't be happy unless I get my hands on the +. Besides, if I don't end up liking it, the 6 should be much easier to get ahold of.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I had cancelled mine as well. Getting one on launch day is usually easy for me. Plus I like to see the reviews that come out a few days prior. Proclip usually takes til oct to have mounts ready so I'm in no rush.

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I printed out Anandtech's PDF that gives the exact sizing of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus which I then traced and cut out on thick cardboard to get a better feel in the hand than just thin paper. After messing around with both and placing them both in my pockets etc., I learned that...
The 6 plus is just too big!

I wanted to love it and thought I'd be swayed by the larger screen, slightly better camera and slightly longer lasting battery but as I compared and held the cut outs in hand the 6 feels much better. The 6 feels a lot more ergonomic in the hand and is a lot more pocket friendly. I like to whip my phones out of my pocket and mess around with it in one hand and with the 6 plus that definitely won't be possible..at least for me. Looking at the hands on videos it appears that the 6 is also a nice increase in size from the 5 and I'm sure the 4.7" screen will be plenty big enough for me as a phone. Remember we also have our iPads.

Maybe next year when Apple reduces the huge bezel on the 6 Plus and it's more manageable in the hand I will consider it but as of now for me anyway it is too big and longggg for my liking. Space Gray 64GB iPhone 6 for me. :D

P.S. Also if you decide to put a case on the 6 Plus it will be monstrous! I'm out on that.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410722724.270366.jpg

Don't mind the crotch shot, nor the smurfed out like I've got goin on. It's NFL Sunday and I'm not leaving the house lol.

You can probably tell which pocket has the 5S and which has the 6+ mockup in the case. It fits without a problem but I, and anyone mean muggin me, will know it's there.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Fits perfectly I would say. I usually have mine in my back pocket for work, and I wear scrubs for school and it would for ever so nicely in the side pocket on my leg. I'm sold. Completely sold.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 64763

Don't mind the crotch shot, nor the smurfed out like I've got goin on. It's NFL Sunday and I'm not leaving the house lol.

You can probably tell which pocket has the 5S and which has the 6+ mockup in the case. It fits without a problem but I, and anyone mean muggin me, will know it's there.
Is that an iPhone 6+ in your pocket, or are you excited to see me? ����

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 64763

Looks like you shoved the TV remote in your pocket lol

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 64763

If it is like this with shorts, it will be bad with jeans which usually have smaller pockets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Either phone would probably fill my needs, but I went with the plus because of the bigger battery and OIS. I printed out the templates and created cardboard models, and while the plus is on the large size, I shouldn't have many issues with keeping the phone in my pockets. (I'm not a skinny jeans guy, and most people are thankful for that.) I like the one-handedness of the iP5, but in actuality I don't walk around texting one handed much so I don't think that will be too much of an adjustment.

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I currently have the iPhone 5 (previously owned the s4.) do you guys think the display quality would be significantly better if I decided on the iPhone 6? I can't bare to wait for the iPhone 6 plus haha

I think the biggest difference (and it could make a huge difference in sunlight) is the contrast ratio on the 5s is 800:1 but on the 6 is 1500:1!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the info. considering the size of the case you have are you going for the Plus now?

I'm going to try on Friday morning to snag a 6+. But to be honest, I have no clue which I'll ultimately keep. Pros and cons to each in my opinion and that sucks. First time I've ever felt this way with an Apple release. Not a good feeling.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm really tempted to get the 6+, but I'm still concerned about the size being too big for me than I'd like. The 6 seems more ideal but lacks stuff that only the 6+ can do. I think Apple made the mistake in giving the 6+ slightly better specs.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox