iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm going with a 6. The plus is taller and heavier than the HTC One M8 that I sometimes use. I don't want anything bigger than it to have on me all day. As long as I still have an iPad, the 6 Plus is not needed.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm going for the 6. I printed out that PDF that lets you compare sizes of the 6 and 6+ and used it made a mock-up of each phone using cardboard. Its about the same thickness as the new iPhones. Then I spent a while with each mock-up in my front jeans pocket. The 6+ is definitely too big! When I bend my leg I can feel it being 'squished' because its so tall. I would probably wind up bending or breaking it. And when I get a case on it, it would be even bigger. The 6 is about the max I can go and fit it comfortably in my jeans pocket.

So for me - iPhone 6, Silver, 64GB :D

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Uncomfortable at the least. I actually like smaller phones. The only reason I'm compelled to get the 6 is because I want Touch ID and Apple Pay (NFC). If not for that, I'd be happy with a 4" phone forever. I use my iPad if I need a big screen.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Uncomfortable at the least. I actually like smaller phones. The only reason I'm compelled to get the 6 is because I want Touch ID and Apple Pay (NFC). If not for that, I'd be happy with a 4" phone forever. I use my iPad if I need a big screen.

I'm thinking along the same lines. I still planning on getting the 6 because if I need a larger screen, I'll get my iPad, like you said.

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Those are the two colors I'm between as well. Pick one. I'll get the other ;)
I am in the same boat hunni... I just don't know.

Now I'm thinking of the 6 instead of the 6 Plus.. What if there isn't stock if I want to return?

Like I said in my other post I don't want to have to break out my old bag phone from the 80's that I keep in my attic child.:heart:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Sweetie I am in the same boat hunni... I just don't know.

Now I'm thinking of the 6 instead of the 6 Plus.. What if there isn't stock if I want to return?

Like I said in my other post I don't want to have to break out my old bag phone from the 80's that I keep in my attic child.:heart:

If there isn't enough stock to return within the 14-day window, you may have to sell it on eBay or something. That's the only thing I can think of, because Apple isn't going to accept a return after those 14 days.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I?m locked in and ready to buy.

iPhone 6 Plus, Space Gray, 64GB and AppleCare+

How is apple care? I usually just get my carrier's insurance, with AT&T right now I pay $6 a month and it covers everything even lost or stolen if I'm not mistaken.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of people saying they are going for the 6 plus. I think there are going to be a lot of returns/exchanges once people experience having a phone that big.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think for those coming from androids devices and joining the ship for the first time, it won't be a problem for them as they are already use to big phones. But for long time iPhone users, it will be a new experience, we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
LAST second change of heart. Literally. Went with the 4.7" silver 128GB.

In the end, continued one handed use and portability outweighed OIS and 401ppi for me. Battery wasn't a concern.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Will likely go for the 6 in gold and 64GB (my 16GB 5S is starting to struggle).

I have a HTC One M8 at the mo as a work phone, and while I like the extra screen real-estate, I do find it a bit heavy and not particularly comfortable in the hand. I'm constantly having to re-adjust my grip with it.

Other key features of the + aren't that applicable to me, either. The OIS is nice, but I only tend to take pictures of my son, so the standard camera suffices.

And while the battery performs better overall, it's key areas are those that I don't care about: audio - I don't keep audio tracks on my device, 3G talk time - I rarely use the phone and when I do it's over FaceTime 99% of the time, and standby - my phone is plugged in at work and at home, so while the overall battery life isn't all that great, I don't encounter too many problems as it's generally always connected to a laptop or power outlet.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
iphone 6 128gb black on verizon. I'll wait on Apple to do the Plus right, make it more compelling. Right now I'm happy with smallish phone, ipad for bigger screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR