iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am flopping around like a fish on the 6 vs 6+ decision. I thought I had my mind made up this morning now I'm back at it. I just did the print outs and I agree with you Brett, the 6 is marginally larger than my 5S. I can hold the 6+ comfortably and it doesn't seem too abnormally large. I have bigger hands too so the extra space might be nice. Ugh I never thought I'd even consider a 5.5" phone!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am flopping around like a fish on the 6 vs 6+ decision. I thought I had my mind made up this morning now I'm back at it. I just did the print outs and I agree with you Brett, the 6 is marginally larger than my 5S. I can hold the 6+ comfortably and it doesn't seem too abnormally large. I have bigger hands too so the extra space might be nice. Ugh I never thought I'd even consider a 5.5" phone!

I'm the same, I was all decided on the iPhone 6 for the past month, and I though 5.5" was way too big. Now I'm flopping back and forth across the 6 and 6 + line :confused:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 6'8" like Finn, but I do have very large hands. Here's my pics. The 6 plus is really big. But, the 6 doesn't seem much larger than my 5.

I may end up buying the 6 plus simply out of fear that I will regret it if I don't. But wow, it's big. Hope I adjust to it quickly.
View attachment 64308View attachment 64309

I can't even put into words how torn I am.
On one hand, the 4.7" overall size is similar enough to the 5S that it feels natural in the grip.
On the other hand, the 4.7" overall size is similar enough to the 5S that it doesn't seem like much of a bump compared to that big 5.5" screen.

Then there's battery, OIS and screen resolution. But then there's completely altering how I use and carry a phone.

I'm beginning to feel sick lol

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I can't even put into words how torn I am.
On one hand, the 4.7" overall size is similar enough to the 5S that it feels natural in the grip.
On the other hand, the 4.7" overall size is similar enough to the 5S that it doesn't seem like much of a bump compared to that big 5.5" screen.

Then there's battery, OIS and screen resolution. But then there's completely altering how I use and carry a phone.

I'm beginning to feel sick lol

I'm in the same debacle as you. 4.7" is so much more one hand and pocket friendly, while the 5.5" screen has better battery life, OIS, and 401 ppi. I have always thought a 5.5" is too big, but this is having me reconsidering like crazy.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I feel bad cause I've been polluting various threads with my same redundant thoughts, but I've never been this torn.

That said, if this is our greatest life struggle, we are blessed and doing well 😉

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Like many of you, I am torn, too. I was totally against any increase in size. Now I am strongly considering the iPhone 6 Plus.

Based on the cardboard cutouts, neither of the phones feel large or small in my hand. But dang, that 6 Plus looks huge laying on the desk.

The image stabilization if a key feature, as far as I am concerned, and I like the landscape mode that uses the iPad-like layouts for apps.

(signed) Flummoxed in Phoenix

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
OMG I thought I had made up my mind but after reading all these awesome points I'm again reconsidering the 6+! Ack!! I'm definitely doing this on Next with AT&T or else I wouldn't be able to buy at all this year. I'm leaning towards the + since I'm going to keep this phone for two years. But decisions decisions.

#conundrum

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Like many of you, I am torn, too. I was totally against any increase in size. Now I am strongly considering the iPhone 6 Plus.

Based on the cardboard cutouts, none of the phone feel large of small in my hand. But dang, that 6 Plus looks huge laying on the desk.

The image stabilization if a key feature, as far as I am concerned, and I like the landscape mode that uses the iPad-like layouts for apps.

(signed) Flummoxed in Phoenix

I did the cardboard cutouts, and the 6+ doesn't feel massive in hand, but I'm worried about it being in my pocket. I don't want to have a feeling like holding a "skateboard in my pants" like Peter Cohen said, but the 6+ features are definitely drawing me in.

Another thing, I don't wear skinny jeans or anything like that, I usually wear cargo shorts or regular fitting jeans with larger pockets. I'm 6'3", so I don't know if my concerns are just paranoia or are actual concerns about it fitting in my pocket.

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Good re: the app. As I was only able to get as far as picking device , finish and storage and the only ATT carrier option was "do you wish to replace this phone on my ATT account ". Was hoping the next step in the flow was contract or Next.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I did the cardboard cutouts, and the 6+ doesn't feel massive in hand, but I'm worried about it being in my pocket. I don't want to have a feeling like holding a "skateboard in my pants" like Peter Cohen said, but the 6+ features are definitely drawing me in.

Another thing, I don't wear skinny jeans or anything like that, I usually wear cargo shorts or regular fitting jeans with larger pockets. I'm 6'3", so I don't know if my concerns are just paranoia or are actual concerns about it fitting in my pocket.

This is exactly where I am. I'm about 6 foot and wear normal fitting clothes. No tight fitting clothing here - I'm already built like a running back. I'm just worried my pockets won't fit the phone since I already have big legs. I'm definitely leaning towards the 6+ at this point. When I get ready for work tomorrow I'm going to see if one of these print outs fit in my work pants pocket. If it fits I think it'll be a sealed deal.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
This is exactly where I am. I'm about 6 foot and wear normal fitting clothes. No tight fitting clothing here - I'm already built like a running back. I'm just worried my pockets won't fit the phone since I already have big legs. I'm definitely leaning towards the 6+ at this point. When I get ready for work tomorrow I'm going to see if one of these print outs fit in my work pants pocket. If it fits I think it'll be a sealed deal.

I carried one around in my pocket today around the house and it fits, but I'm still skeptical of how it will feel with the actual device. Cardboard definitely doesn't weigh as much as the metal of the phone, so that's why I'm still concerned.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I carried one around in my pocket today around the house and it fits, but I'm still skeptical of how it will feel with the actual device. Cardboard definitely doesn't weigh as much as the metal of the phone, so that's why I'm still concerned.

Good point. I'm definitely casing my phone - I've decided to go with the Otterbox Symmetry in black and a glass screen protector (either Zagg again or Otter). I know those will add a bit of weight to the device too. I'm thinking that sound be marginal though. Symmetry in black and a glass screen protector (either Zagg again or Otter). I know those will add a bit of weight to the device too. I'm thinking that sound be marginal though.

I'm also stuck on what color to get. I've had 4 iPhones on Verizon - all black. Not sure if I should continue that trend or mix it up and go with white?!

MLdroidN4

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the 6+, being concerned about if it may/may not fit in one's pants pocket is a reasonable discussion, but, I think if you're a male and wear regular pants/jeans it should fit just fine.
I'm more concerned about it's day to day usability, may or may not be feasible for everybody due to it's design logistics. I personally, never case it, so I'd always have a fear of it falling out of my pocket while trying to take it out. Also, one handed usage may not be the most comfortable experience on it.
That said, I think Apple will be chopping off some bezel in the next iteration of the Plus variety(at least I'm hoping they do).
So I'll be getting the iPhone 6 Space Grey.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the 6+, being concerned about if it may/may not fit in one's pants pocket is a reasonable discussion, but, I think if you're a male and wear regular pants/jeans it should fit just fine.
I'm more concerned about it's day to day usability, may or may not be feasible for everybody due to it's design logistics. I personally, never case it, so I'd always have a fear of it falling out of my pocket while trying to take it out. Also, one handed usage may not be the most comfortable experience on it.
That said, I think Apple will be chopping off some bezel in the next iteration of the Plus variety(at least I'm hoping they do).
So I'll be getting the iPhone 6 Space Grey.

Do you think it would affect how sitting would be? I don't want to have to sit all awkwardly just to have my phone fit comfortably in my pocket. :)

cnotes2020

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
That would be me. It's the only reason I'm leaning towards the 6+.

Was the iPhone 5S & iPhone 5c really a hard decision for you?

The POINT I'm making is that ever since I had to buy TWO phones from Apple my life was a half second more complicated Nice try though. And YES I buy all iPhones just like I buy all Galaxy Notes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro