iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to have to go with the 4.7 even though I would like to have optical stabilization, the larger one is just too big for my taste. Maybe next year. Can't wait till preorder though!

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
UGHHHHHHHH!!!! This sucks. I was set on 4.7" until they showed the battery life in the 6+ and OIS. The 6+ would also be great for pics, videos, games, browsing etc.
BUT
I'll always be aware it's in my pocket, one handed use would end in many instances, won't fit in my cup holder, or on the ledge in the stall at work lol, and looks all out huge in the hands on videos.

I honestly have no clue, NONE, on what I'm gonna do.

This. I feel like the Plus is just too big, being basically the same size as a Note. I've actually watched people holding a Note up to their head to talk on it and thought "Dang, I like big phones, but that thing looks ridiculous."

But now, I'm just not sure. I like the features of the Plus... but I don't know if I will really like the size. And the, I'm worried that if I go with the 4.7" phone I will see someone using the Plus and suddenly wish I had gone ahead and went with it.

Ugh...I am really lost on what I'm going to do.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
At first after seeing the keynote I was for sure set on the 6 Plus due to better batt life, OIS and landscape mode. But reading some posts here makes me rethink it... I pocket my phone all the time. The Plus might just be too big. But the features are hard to ignore... Not to mention true 1080p and 401ppi (vs 326)... Ugh... First world problems...

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
6+ 64 GB in Space Gray. I wanted the 4.7", but the Display, Battery, and Camera swayed me to the 5.5" side. The battery, camera, and display are almost the same on the 6 as they are on the 5s.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
OIS is nice, and better battery is nice, but coming from a 32 GB 5, I may stick with my initial thought, 64 GB iPhone 6. Does the 6 get the portrait mode or just 6 Plus? That may make my decision.

Just the 6+ has landscape

Posted via the iMore App for Android

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
What about the antenna bands and camera ring? People were afraid and sadly, it's a reality now. I won't upgrade until they change the design at the back which won't happen until 6s or 7.
Happy with my iPhone 5.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
the iPhone 6 64gb. I'd prefer the iPhone 6 128 gb but i'm on 64 now and I need to do other things with the money and pre announcement i'd already decided I'd drop down to 32gb. But since they are raising the storage I can live with 64gb. I need local storage too because i live near the ocean and many many places you simply can't get 3G signal let alone LTE and thus i can't rely on streaming from my google music account. Also i seem to be in an area where coverage just goes in and out and it's really annoying trying to listen to radio via tunein only to have it constantly buffering, then dropping out, then just your luck when you get a clear signal it's on commercial. Then you go inside a large store and 20 feet deep in the store it drops back out.

I won't touch the 6 plus. I've no interest in a large phone. The Galaxy Note is massive to me. It simply doesn't appeal to me. Honestly i'm on a 4s and it's not too small. I like the easy pocketability and i use it when working out and though heavy i manage. I don't know how it's gonna be with a 4.7 inch screen and damn i'm gonna need a new arm band. Regardless, i know some just want the largest device. Me, I'd prefer the trade off of a more convenient size so I'm going with the regular 6. I'm glad there is a choice though. That way everybody had something that works for them.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
What about the antenna bands and camera ring? People were afraid and sadly, it's a reality now. I won't upgrade until they change the design at the back which won't happen until 6s or 7.
Happy with my iPhone 5.

I've never understood the Jobs obsession with everything being thinner so personally I'd have rather they made it flush even if they had to make the shell thicker like the 5s. I don't care. I'd have taken the extra thickness and simply filled it with battery. More battery life. Granted i'm not letting that camera stop me from buying it.

Alba Silva

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Both are fine, just depend of the screen you feel more comfortable with. [redacted], which is quite cool. Design hasn't change than much, there are some nice improvements, and Apple is still the best smartphone brand, but the price is way too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn between getting either of these new iPhones, or sticking with my 5S for another year until the updated iPhone 6S. I've been very happy with the 5S... and I don't regret skipping the iPhone 5 at all.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I was going to be happy with the 4.7 but now due to the higher pixel density of the plus and better battery performance across the board I am now in a bit of a conundrum.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a phone that is VERY similar to 6+ in size to see in stores right now? Because I want to see if it is too big for me or perfect.

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

It's larger than the GS5 & Note because of the bezel. I have a GS5 on my 2nd line & it's a tad awkward.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You guys are so damn fickle ... 24 hours ago the 5s was the perfect phone, the 4.7" IP6 was gonna be too big, and that no way did a 5.5 iPhablet make sense. Welcome you wishy-washy-flip-floppers ...

I've mentioned any times before that my 4.7" HTC One M7 had the perfect screen size. It's the reason I run that and my iPhone together. Now I can drop the HTC and get a more reliable (my opinion) iOS-based device.

I think your sweeping generalisation is way off the mark.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was on the fence between the 6 and the 6+. I was talking with some coworkers (one of which has a Galaxy S3). The screen on that is 4.8" and it's the perfect size for me. I like the landscape mode, better battery and camera features on the 6+ but I think it's going to be way too big, especially since I always pocket my phone. Now that I know which phone I'm getting I need to decide on a color. Stick with my tried and true black (I've had 4 iPhones all black) or mix it up with white/silver?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This has to stop. The iPhone 6 Plus is not comparable in size to an iPad mini.

Good grief I'm starting to wonder if anyone has ever held an iPad mini.

Last edited: