iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking 64G 6 Plus. I've had my 5s for about nine months and I'm used up half of the 64G.

But when will the GSM unlocked be available? I've read that VZW phones can be iffy with AT&T SIM. I'd rather get it from Apple directly, unlocked.

HAMEDACC

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Did they say that the new iOS8 apps would just scale to take advantage of the bigger size on the 4.7" model while it gets to show more content on the 5.5" 6 plus or was it that way on both? The landscape mode is also only for the 6 plus right?

Yea, 5.5" has landscape mode with more details on it
Hard decision

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a Note 3 and it was far too big and unwieldy. It wouldn't fit in any of my pockets except a coat pocket.

I'm getting the 4.7" as there's really not much in it at all. A higher pixel count and optical image stabilisation. I can live without those. If any of the major specs had been different, I would be conflicted.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Screen resolution and OIS. But maybe I'm wrong on OIS. I missed a good deal of that part of the presentation.

Edit. Sorry u mentioned that.

I couldn’t watch the presentation due to all the technical issues - the feed kept stalling, stuttering, restarting at the beginning, plus the Chinese language translation talking over Cook, I just turned it off. Waiting for Apple to post the video so I can find out what they actually announced today. SMH

HAMEDACC

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I have 4.3" Lumia 720 and this size is really great, before of AppleEvent I had decided to purchase 4.7" one but some features like Landscape Mode and OIS make me thinking again, any way I never use landscape mode for typing and dont think OIS would be a real deal but huge handset in tiny pocket is a real deal. So I will purchase 4.7" one.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Space Gray. My only problem is waiting until Friday to pre order and next Friday to get it lol. So impatient

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was torn between the two models but I always get the new model and pass the one year old phone down to my husband. He's expressed an interest in the larger one even though he won't get it for a year so that's probably what I'll go with. He did say it was my choice though.

I have seen the huge Samsung phones and said "no way". However, I just took some cardboard and cut out the 3 sizes (iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus), per the specs on the Apple website. The funny thing is, it look huge. But when I hold it in my hand like I do my iPhone 5S, it’s not that big. It looks narrower to me than the huge Samsung phones. Despite my earlier comments, the big one is something that I am considering. Longer battery life and OIS just might make it worth an extra Benjamin.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind wearing the fickle badge...honestly, I didn't think I would want a big device like the 6+, but I'm going to try it. I was absolutely, 100% satisfied with the 4" iPhone 5S, just like I was with the smaller 4S...I've grown to adapt to them. Maybe this will be the same with the 5.5", maybe not. Nothing wishy washy about it, my only options are 4.7" and 5.5", and since it's only slightly larger than the 4.7", I'm willing to try it out.

I have been an opponent of larger screens in the past, but over the last couple of years, I knew this increase in size was coming, so I've just kind of accepted that my taste and preference would also have to adapt. I don't think this makes me a flip flopper, it just means I'm going with the flow.

24 hours ago the 5S was the newest iPhone...today it's not. What we have is what we can be excited about. This is not a negative thing.
Just the fact that you responded has shown your guilty conscience ... flipity-flop, flipity- flop ... LOL. ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Needs? The 64 gb iP 6 Plus. But my wallet says 64 gb iP 6 4.7". My wallet needs to shut up!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
At first, I was anti-big screen (I have small hands), but I have to admit, the 5.5 screen looks pretty damn nice. I'll hold each one in my hand and see which one fits better. Since I am not due for an upgrade until December, I can sock away more money in case I go for the 6 Plus. :yes:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
At first, I was anti-big screen (I have small hands), but I have to admit, the 5.5 screen looks pretty damn nice. I'll hold each one in my hand and see which one fits better. Since I am not due for an upgrade until December, I can sock away more money in case I go for the 6 Plus. :yes:

Don't forget it's not just the screen size that's awesome, battery life is higher.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
They made the 6 plus better in just about every way. The size is large, but I think I will bite the bullet and choose that, even if just for better battery

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
UGHHHHHHHH!!!! This sucks. I was set on 4.7" until they showed the battery life in the 6+ and OIS. The 6+ would also be great for pics, videos, games, browsing etc.
BUT
I'll always be aware it's in my pocket, one handed use would end in many instances, won't fit in my cup holder, or on the ledge in the stall at work lol, and looks all out huge in the hands on videos.

I honestly have no clue, NONE, on what I'm gonna do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner