iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm throwing previous opinions to the wind and I'm getting the 5.5" model this time...we'll see how the bigger device works in my everyday function. Best thing is I know I can easily sell it and buy the smaller one if it turns out to be annoying and I'll probably make a profit, LOL!

elmacho

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Did they say that the new iOS8 apps would just scale to take advantage of the bigger size on the 4.7" model while it gets to show more content on the 5.5" 6 plus or was it that way on both? The landscape mode is also only for the 6 plus right?

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting the 6 16gb...I want bigger but not too big so I can do a lot with one handed use.I'll have to wait until December though when my upgrade is available. ) :

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought both the 6 and 6+ had OIS but the 6+ had a stepped up version. Besides that the screen res and slightly bigger battery I think is the difference. My question is about the Ram, no where I've seen the Ram in these phones.
Vinny

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Screen resolution and OIS. But maybe I'm wrong on OIS. I missed a good deal of that part of the presentation.

Edit. Sorry u mentioned that.

I really don't get why they didn't include OIS with the 6. All I care about is the camera, so I'm kind of forced to go with the 6+. I thought I was ready & set for the 6+ but I'm not. Its huge! After the Note 2 I said I wouldn't get another phablet. I'm so torn.

I thought both the 6 and 6+ had OIS but the 6+ had a stepped up version. Besides that the screen res and slightly bigger battery I think is the difference. My question is about the Ram, no where I've seen the Ram in these phones.
Vinny

I definitely didn't hear them mention RAM.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There's also that landscape view on 6 plus with different kb.

When you factor in screen quality, battery life, and OIS along with landscape columns the plus sounds compelling. But pretty sure id go without a case do I don't add to the plus.

The 64gb is plenty. 128 seems overkill.

Of course well have to wait to see more differences

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a phone that is VERY similar to 6+ in size to see in stores right now? Because I want to see if it is too big for me or perfect.

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Both. Sadly.

My main phone might be the 6 plus though.

Size is the only thing I'm going back and forth on... all I need is 64gb.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Man I've been talking with Finn about this and I was dead set on the 4.7" but the more I think about it I might go with the 6+ cause then I might not have to get an iPad.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
You guys are so damn fickle ... 24 hours ago the 5s was the perfect phone, the 4.7" IP6 was gonna be too big, and that no way did a 5.5 iPhablet make sense. Welcome you wishy-washy-flip-floppers ...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys are so damn fickle ... 24 hours ago the 5s was the perfect phone, the 4.7" IP6 was gonna be too big, and that no way did a 5.5 iPhablet make sense. Welcome you wishy-washy-flip-floppers ...

I don't mind wearing the fickle badge...honestly, I didn't think I would want a big device like the 6+, but I'm going to try it. I was absolutely, 100% satisfied with the 4" iPhone 5S, just like I was with the smaller 4S...I've grown to adapt to them. Maybe this will be the same with the 5.5", maybe not. Nothing wishy washy about it, my only options are 4.7" and 5.5", and since it's only slightly larger than the 4.7", I'm willing to try it out.

I have been an opponent of larger screens in the past, but over the last couple of years, I knew this increase in size was coming, so I've just kind of accepted that my taste and preference would also have to adapt. I don't think this makes me a flip flopper, it just means I'm going with the flow.

24 hours ago the 5S was the newest iPhone...today it's not. What we have is what we can be excited about. This is not a negative thing.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
After drooling over people using the Galaxy note the last couple years I'm going with the 6+. I'm probably gonna trade in my iPhone 5 & iPad mini. With that size screen I doubt I'll be using the iPad mini any more.

Can't wait!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there a phone that is VERY similar to 6+ in size to see in stores right now? Because I want to see if it is too big for me or perfect.

LG G3 and the Note 3 is 5.7 but it'll give you an idea.

Both. Sadly.

My main phone might be the 6 plus though.

Size is the only thing I'm going back and forth on... all I need is 64gb.

Ditto and 64Gb for me as well

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I may wait until next year when the "upgraded" or "s" models come out. Unless I missed it, there doesn't seem to be sapphire front glass or a significant upgrade besides physical design. I currently have an iphone5, but my just wait until there is an "iphone 6s" or "iphone 6plus s"

cnotes2020

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I may need to hold them but I really don't like the design. Maybe it's because of the size that makes the design eh. Don't get me wrong. I want a bigger phone. I use a note 3 as my primary and 5s as backup but idk. I will most likely get both leaning towards a 64gb and 128 gb. But not sure which with which. No idea which color but again most likely not white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've always been open to different sized phones, but prior to the announcement I was leaning toward the 6, but the difference in features has forced me to choose the 6 Plus - and I can't wait! 128GB Space Gray model for me!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I originally though the dual-domain pixels is what offered that, and that is the 6 and 6 plus. But maybe not. I need an answer by Friday at 3 am eastern!!! 😉

Screw it. I think I am going Verizon Edge. May just pay the damn $5/month more for the plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice