iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Ended up doing 3 orders of 6 64gb thinking the previous ones didn't go through.

Then woke up this morning and did the 6 plus 64gb.

All space gray.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I ended up with the 6 64GB. After the preordering fiasco and trying for two straight hours to get the plus in a color I didn't want, I went to bed, came back and Verizon was still shipping all models of the 6 by next Friday. That sold me. I have a TV and Roku player for watching movies, as I don't have any on my 5S. The larger storage though I won't worry about deleting photos.

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Last minute decision to go with the 64GB iphone 6 vs. the 6+. Just didn't know if I would be happy with the larger phone. Plus when I went to pre-order shipping was not until mid-October. I am impatient, so that solidified my decision to go with the 6.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I cancelled mine in favor of just waiting til nov. I still think the 6 is the better choice but with a cruise coming up I don't want to scramble for new accessories that aren't even out yet. Plus I'll enjoy my out of contract discount for a bit at 50 a month.

I'm still curious to check em out in store and see if the 6 plus has any issues. There's always a "gate" to be found it seems.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Got the 4.7. Pocketability won out for me.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

JAStark27

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I went with the iPhone 6 64gb space grey for Verizon. I am not a fan of the phablet size phones. If I can't fit it in my pocket comfortably I don't want it. I do wish the 6 had a little better battery life as well as the OIS but I'm happy with what it does offer. The landscape mode on the 6+ is cool but not really that big of a deal to be honest. The Note serious for Samsung always has something the S5 doesn't and the S5 still sells better. I'm actually wondering if the reason the 6+ is on back order so bad is because there isn't as much stock for them as the 6.

Coming from a Moto X.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Got the 4.7. Pocketability won out for me.

Ha! Now that's a 180 from ya... ;)

(i'm guessing many saw the 3-4 week ship times and went 6 instead of 6+... )

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ha! Now that's a 180 from ya... ;)

(i'm guessing many saw the 3-4 week ship times and went 6 instead of 6+... )

I know! I debated and backed out SO many times!!!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
THEN to learn jailbreaking!
On my 5s.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone getting remorse to ordering a 6?? lol

I ordered a 6 without hesitation this morning (ordered around 5:30am Central) - I had gone back and forth all week and had it all figured out. Pocketability, one-handed use, less obnoxious when talking on phone, etc. Then I started looking at the landscape mode of the Plus... that, more than OIS, ppi and battery has me pining for a Plus... hopefully it's just a temporary feeling... lol... sigh.... I *know* the Plus is too big... but still....

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I ordered a 6 without hesitation this morning (ordered around 5:30am Central) - I had gone back and forth all week and had it all figured out. Pocketability, one-handed use, less obnoxious when talking on phone, etc. Then I started looking at the landscape mode of the Plus... that, more than OIS, ppi and battery has me pining for a Plus... hopefully it's just a temporary feeling... lol... sigh.... I *know* the Plus is too big... but still....

Same here, but might as well get the 6 maybe few months ill get the 6 plus...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I changed to the 6 literally last second. The 6+ would have required I completely change how I use my phone. I'm not willing to do that. Not for OIS that might benefit me the few times I take pics in darker settings. Not for a higher ppi that is actually being scaled down to 1080p and said to not be noticeably better in early reviews, and not for marginal battery improvement when I wasn't dissatisfied with battery life heading in.

I'd LOVE that big beautiful screen, but not at the price of one handed use and ease of pocket ability and portability. For me.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I changed to the 6 literally last second. The 6+ would have required I completely change how I use my phone. I'm not willing to do that. Not for OIS that might benefit me the few times I take pics in darker settings. Not for a higher ppi that is actually being scaled down to 1080p and said to not be noticeably better in early reviews, and not for marginal battery improvement when I wasn't dissatisfied with battery life heading in.

I'd LOVE that big beautiful screen, but not at the price of one handed use and ease of pocket ability and portability. For me.

Yeah - you're probably right - in fact I know you're right and I know for myself - the few times the features of the Plus would come in handy, would be far outweighed by the unwieldy nature of such a gigantic piece... I see people with Note 3's and chuckle. So my original decision is probably the right one... I already have a mini (original) and iPad Air... to have another "tablet" is kinda silly ;)

Like you said... for how I use my phone *today*... and how I want to continue to use it, the 6 (which is still a nice increase in size from my 5... 4" vs 4.7") is the right choice for me.

It will be interesting though to see the real world battery life difference between the 6 and 6 Plus... I bet it's not nearly as disparate as the specs would indicate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2