Case for the "6"

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I browsed online for a case for the 6 but couldn't make up my mind. As per tracking I should have the phone by end of day on Friday. Does anyone know if there will be cases in the stores that I can go grab something Friday morning?

They should have some cases, I know the Apple store will have their leather and silicone cases that day but I'm sure many stores will have their Speck's and Incipio's in stock

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410998641.976278.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410998654.559248.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410998663.520075.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410998673.788015.jpg

I've been very vocal over the past year regarding my love of the official Apple leather case. I was very excited for the iPhone 6 version to arrive but I have to say, I'm disappointed.

It is thin. Extremely thin. This is great for a minimalist approach on a large phone, but it also loses a bit of it's heft and premium feel. The entire bottom is open, leaving more vulnerability as well. Not what I expected for a $45 case.

If you are looking for a nice feeling, nice looking case that will add very little size and bulk to your phone, without adding much protection, this might be the case for you. If you are coming from the old Apple leather case expecting the same but larger? It'll likely disappoint.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 65005View attachment 65006View attachment 65007View attachment 65008

I've been very vocal over the past year regarding my love of the official Apple leather case. I was very excited for the iPhone 6 version to arrive but I have to say, I'm disappointed.

It is thin. Extremely thin. This is great for a minimalist approach on a large phone, but it also loses a bit of it's heft and premium feel. The entire bottom is open, leaving more vulnerability as well. Not what I expected for a $45 case.

If you are looking for a nice feeling, nice looking case that will add very little size and bulk to your phone, without adding much protection, this might be the case for you. If you are coming from the old Apple leather case expecting the same but larger? It'll likely disappoint.

Thanks for this. I have the original case, and it's my absolute favorite, but I don't like the open bottom on it.

I think I'll pass on it this year.

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Spigen Neo Hybrid Case

I think this is what I ordered, but it has the apple showing. The sides are red... it hasn't shipped yet so I haven't seen it in person. On my 4s, the apple is a mirror and that has come in handy--I am hoping the 6 has the mirrored apple as well. I can't tell from the photos I have seen.

astarling10

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I ordered two Spigen bumper cases, one Spigen hybrid and a Case-Mate glam case. I think that may cover my wife and me for now. 😁

Posted via the iMore App for Android

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think Spigen forgot to clip the TPU in the buttons. I can't imagine that being right. It's the same with my case. but my frame has suede covering the buttons. That is why I think they forgot to cut the TPU. I mean why would you put suede on the frame where the buttons are if the buttons are already covered with TPU? Am I thinking about this all wrong?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/b9b89361c54b2363fc559f95f642613b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/ef8c1cd4592c912848c50bcaab9857ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those pics are possibly of the Neo Hybrid Metal cases with the aluminum bumper vs the polycarbonate because there is a logo cutout? I wouldn't go snipping those TPU tabs just yet. Maybe there are there because the frame is thicker? So there needs to be something a little extra to press against the buttons? Just wait until you get the phone and test it out. ;)

This is how my Neo Hybrid's TPU looks (mine is the Gunmetal polycarbonate frame for the Neo without the opening for the logo):

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411011969.218222.jpg

Last edited:

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Those pics are possibly of the Neo Hybrid Metal cases with the aluminum bumper vs the polycarbonate because there is a logo cutout? I wouldn't go snipping those TPU tabs just yet. Maybe there are there because the frame is thicker? So there needs to be something a little extra to press against the buttons? Just wait until you get the phone and test it out. ;)

This is how my Neo Hybrid's TPU looks (mine is the Gunmetal polycarbonate frame for the Neo without the opening for the logo):

View attachment 65028

I wasn't gonna snip them. I'll try them out first. i just think it's weird that Spigen's description of the Neo Hybrid Metal says, "The buttons are also aluminum and the inner lining of the buttons have a suede protective layer so the iPhone 6 does not come into direct contact with the metal." With the TPU covering the buttons the aluminum frame wouldn't ever touch the buttons anyway. Something is amiss.

No suede on the inside of the SPIGEN Neo Hybrid frame/bumper, just the plastic underside of the buttons:

View attachment 65029

SPIGEN Neo Hybrid on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1qMCqGp

You're Neo Hybrid is the same as the Neo Hybrid for the 5/5S. I can say that my buttons on my 5 and 5S have not been scratched at all by the metalized buttons on the polycarbonate frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leroydi

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I like the access case by nodus. I'll probably pre-order it in the next days.
Chestnut or Black?
Can't choose.

Attachments

• 10617127_851714101515882_1178967845_n.jpg
    10617127_851714101515882_1178967845_n.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 213

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my Spigen Tough Armor in last night. Also got a Spigen clear case for it. I, too, was a bit shocked at the size, but after messing with the cases a bit, I'm super excited about tomorrow!! Especially after comparing the new cases to my little poor slow iPhone 4!!! Woohoo!!! ONE more day!!!!! Yay!!
Sorry, back to the cases - the tough armor seems like it won't protect the front very well. Keep in mind I've never owned a Spigen nor have I used it on the phone yet. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 65005View attachment 65006View attachment 65007View attachment 65008

I disagree. I just got my black leather Apple iPhone 6 case and I think it is pretty awesome. I love my Apple iPhone 5s case and this is just as premium. I like my cases to be minimalistic.

I am surprise at how thin the iPhone 6 is going to be and now that I have a better idea of what it will be like to hold it in my hand, I am glad I didn't pre order the iPhone 6 plus. This is just the right size for me. Anything bigger would be too big for me. Before I get someone yelling at me at how great the iPhone 6 plus is, I am not saying it is too big for you, just that it would be too big for me.

b3878e9374f47bc0353f749273401ba0.jpg
8eb2c0d9c3eb1a3b4622fa84384ed3d2.jpg
66869353450e24d8318f3e047af2c56d.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
the best buy near my house said that they will have the Specks for the 6 and 6+ tomorrow. She said they were told under no circumstance are they allowed on the floor before tomorrow.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. I just got my black leather Apple iPhone 6 case and I think it is pretty awesome. I love my Apple iPhone 5s case and this is just as premium. I like my cases to be minimalistic.

That's more than fair. I'm sure I'll like it too once I have a phone in it. I will likely appreciate the thinness given the increased phone size.

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Ordered my case and phone on the same day, assuming I would have the case first since it was in stock. Now it looks like I will have the phone tomorrow and the case mid next week. Hate to have the phone exposed for the next 5 days--my luck it will get dropped or scratched. I guess I will have to carry it in bubble wrap for a while. Wish I could find a cheapie case somewhere tonight... <?>

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner