Case for the "6"

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link but for whatever the reason I'm just pulled towards the Verus case, just the way the buttons are cut in the metal.
Would putting a film protector like you said on the back damage the back of the phone at all?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, just saw this! :nerd:

Anyway, no, a screen protector will not damage the back of the phone at all especially if you get the ones that use static and not an actual adhesive. :)

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I always go naked with my iPhones...love to feel the hardware and not some bulky case. Not worried about a few scratches here and there...gives the phone character IMO. I don't worry about having a pristine iPhone for resale value as I'm always handing them down to a family member.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Our SPIGEN Neo Hybrid cases that I ordered on the 11th arrived in two days with regular shipping! (Amazon Prime not offered with the promo deal but the total paid for each case was $6.49!) Delivered to my office on Saturday the 13th! Very impressed! :)

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2330103

View attachment 64870

View attachment 64865
View attachment 64866
View attachment 64867
View attachment 64868

Thanks for the pictures. I ordered the same one the other day, same color as well. Looks a lot better in person then on the website

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I have an in store pickup of a gold 6 plus set for Friday so I wanted some type of case to try then. I ordered the clear Spigen Air Cushion (Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen? [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 Plus (5.5) Case Bumper **NEW** [Ultra Hybrid Series] [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Bumper Case for iPhone 6 P) for the 6 plus for $10.99 with Prime. My thought is if the case is no good I can always return it. I'm not sure how the clear plastic case combined with a rubber like bumper will actually function. Here is the same case for the iPhone 6 (Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, Spigen? [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 (4.7) Case Bumper **NEW** [Ultra Hybrid Series] [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners + Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Bumper Case for iPhone 6 (4.7) (20). I'll follow up with some pics of the actual case the second it arrives.

6pluscase.jpg

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have an in store pickup of a gold 6 plus set for Friday so I wanted some type of case to try then. I ordered the clear Spigen Air Cushion (Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen? [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 Plus (5.5) Case Bumper **NEW** [Ultra Hybrid Series] [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Bumper Case for iPhone 6 P) for the 6 plus for $10.99 with Prime. My thought is if the case is no good I can always return it. I'm not sure how the clear plastic case combined with a rubber like bumper will actually function. Here is the same case for the iPhone 6 (Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, Spigen? [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 (4.7) Case Bumper **NEW** [Ultra Hybrid Series] [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners + Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Bumper Case for iPhone 6 (4.7) (20). I'll follow up with some pics of the actual case the second it arrives.

View attachment 64887

I really like clear cases like this but in my experience they tend to discolor after a bit

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, just saw this! :nerd:

Anyway, no, a screen protector will not damage the back of the phone at all especially if you get the ones that use static and not an actual adhesive. :)

Hey, no problem, thanks for getting back to me. Any suggestions on a particular brand?

anon(4782771)

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Our SPIGEN Neo Hybrid cases that I ordered on the 11th arrived in two days with regular shipping! (Amazon Prime not offered with the promo deal but the total paid for each case was $6.49!) Delivered to my office on Saturday the 13th! Very impressed! :)

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2330415

View attachment 64870

View attachment 64865
View attachment 64866
View attachment 64867
View attachment 64868

I ordered the same one... waiting for it to get it on Thursday. How is the case? Is it slim?

littlemo78

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
How much does the camera protrude on the back? I like thin cases, but I want to make sure I get one with enough thickness that the phone can rest flat when it's on it's back.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey, no problem, thanks for getting back to me. Any suggestions on a particular brand?

Hi - definitely get an inexpensive one on eBay especially since you will have your case on anyway. I haven't tried this brand nor do I know the exact thickness but here's an example of one that comes with 6 for $3.88 and uses static cling but keep in kind that this is an actual "screen" protector (meaning it's meant for the front) but if you are keeping your phone in your case anyway, this might be a good temporary solution until someone makes the "back" protectors that use static:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410880935.668849.jpg

On second thought -- with the new design and curvature of the phone, I am thinking that these will not be an exact fit on the back. (Plus, you don't want to cover the camera lens!)

Your best bet is to just cut out a square of any inexpensive screen protector that utilizes static, (maybe 1"x1" or so) and place it over the apple logo to protect it from the opening. Also, the thickness of the SP shouldn't be an issue. :)

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the same one... waiting for it to get it on Thursday. How is the case? Is it slim?

Yes, it has a VERY slim profile! As for thickness, it think it's similar to a silicone case, I would imagine, although I haven't had one of those in a long time and can't compare them exactly. But it's a nice little case - very lightweight and "grippy" but still smooth enough to slip in pockets with ease.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi - I haven't tried this brand but here's an example of one that comes with 6 for $3.88 that uses static cling but keep in kind that this is an actual "screen" protector (meaning it's meant for the front) but if you are keeping your phone in your case anyway, this might be a good temporary solution until someone makes the "back" protectors that use static:

View attachment 64897

Although with the new design and curvature of the phone, these will most likely not fit on the back properly. You may want to just cut out a square of any inexpensive screen protector that utilizes static, maybe 2"x2" and place it over the apple logo to protect it from the opening. :)

This is my plan. After taking some time to think about the exposed logo I decided to go ahead and order the a back protector. I couldn't find an iPhone 6 specific one so I bought the Spigen Ultra Crystal Mix for the 5/5s. I had this set on my 5 when I had the Neo Hybrid EX. They are nice and the matte protector looks nice on the aluminum. It not fitting 6 won't matter because no one will see it. I'll include the rest of the mix as a bonus when I sale my 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
LVMHgirl, are you familiar with a TPU case? It is a smooth, flexible plastic case. Even though it's very smooth, it's extremely grippy. Is this case that you have made out of TPU or is it part TPU and part something else?

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I really like clear cases like this but in my experience they tend to discolor after a bit

Thanks for the tip. I've never had a clear case but for $10.99 and amazons return policy I figure I would give it a try. I've definitely had white cases discolor from jeans so I can understand it happening. Hopefully I can find something permanent that offers some protection while still showing off the awesome design of the phone.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling I'll be testing a Spigen case for the first time if they're already shipping because Speck isn't yet and there's no way I am activating a new phone without a case.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling I'll be testing a Spigen case for the first time if they're already shipping because Speck isn't yet and there's no way I am activating a new phone without a case.

Yes Ame! GO for it! I got my Tough Armor found here --> Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, Spigen Tough Armor Case for iPhone 6 (4.7-Inch) - Retail Packaging - Gunmetal (SGP11022): Cell Phones & Accessories in three days and my Neo Hybrid found here --> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2330661 in two days. (delivered on a Saturday too!) ;)

I originally purchased mine because I am waiting for the Tech21 cases to be released but I really do like the Spigens (the shipping speeds were via regular shipping too. Didn't have Prime on the promo price. Great company! And no, I don't work for Spigen or any other case company, lol!)

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
LVMHgirl, are you familiar with a TPU case? It is a smooth, flexible plastic case. Even though it's very smooth, it's extremely grippy. Is this case that you have made out of TPU or is it part TPU and part something else?

Hi Icyhot1966,

Yes, it is a combination of TPU and polycarbonate. Very flexible and smooth! :)

From the manufacturer:

- Advanced Shock Absorption Technology: Web Pattern TPU case
- Combination of TPU and Polycarbonate for drop and scratch protection
- Slim and form fitted to show the perfect shape of your device
- Metallic finish to frame & Metallized polycarbonate buttons
- Compatible with Apple iPhone 6 (4.7") Only - 2014

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered two of them. The red one and the white one lol. I am presuming it is the back that is made of poly carbonate and that CH or the bumper is what is made of TPU. THE OTTERBOX COMMUTER outside shell is made of poly carbonate I believe and they were always too slippery for my liking. I am hoping this case is not like that.