These antenna breaks are killing me !

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Like I've said many times before in previous posts, this situation might end up being like the iPhone 4. Everyone saw it and said how ugly and un-Apple it was, saying how the antenna breaks on the sides made it seem extremely ugly blah blah blah. Then once they got their hands on it, they immediately loved it! After they found out the purpose behind the breaks in the metal, they were glad they were there. This may be the case for the iPhone 6, who knows? :)

But, like pr1nce said, just a few more days and then we'll know :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
NICE Avatar OP....I also don't care for the rumored looks of the iPhone6 either, but the larger rumored screen size is calling my name....SMILE

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
This has happened with the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 though. No one liked the breaks in the Antenna when first pictured (myself included) but then (in my opinion anyway) it came to be one of the best designed phones ever. Same with the iPhone 5... People weren't fond of the 2-tone back but now people love the design of the iPhone 5. Im guessing it is going to be the same case with the iPhone 6.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This has happened with the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 though. No one liked the breaks in the Antenna when first pictured (myself included) but then (in my opinion anyway) it came to be one of the best designed phones ever. Same with the iPhone 5... People weren't fond of the 2-tone back but now people love the design of the iPhone 5. Im guessing it is going to be the same case with the iPhone 6.

Not true. I liked the antenna breaks on the 4/5 series because the tops and bottom of the rear of the device were coloured differently. The 'leaks' of the new iPhone 6 show the top and bottom the same colour as the rest of the rear, just separated by the differently coloured antenna break. If that is the finished design, and we'll know in a few days for sure, then I think it looks horrible.

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Not true. I liked the antenna breaks on the 4/5 series because the tops and bottom of the rear of the device were coloured differently. The 'leaks' of the new iPhone 6 show the top and bottom the same colour as the rest of the rear, just separated by the differently coloured antenna break. If that is the finished design, and we'll know in a few days for sure, then I think it looks horrible.

I shouldn't have said no one. I personally love the iPhone 5(s) design. I didn't like the iPhone breaks at first but it grew on me. My favorite device design of all time is still the original iPhone. The point is people go insane on an ugly design and then later a lot of people change there minds and love it.

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Loved the 4 design, not to crazy about the 5 two tone back. I know the breaks are important but damn, I hope they match the color at least a little better than the leaks have shown. The reason why I'm scared is, leaks this close to launch usually turn out to be 98% legit.

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Loved the 4 design, not to crazy about the 5 two tone back. I know the breaks are important but damn, I hope they match the color at least a little better than the leaks have shown. The reason why I'm scared is, leaks this close to launch usually turn out to be 98% legit.

I think everyone is going to be surprised on Tuesday

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Like I've said many times before in previous posts, this situation might end up being like the iPhone 4. Everyone saw it and said how ugly and un-Apple it was, saying how the antenna breaks on the sides made it seem extremely ugly blah blah blah. Then once they got their hands on it, they immediately loved it! After they found out the purpose behind the breaks in the metal, they were glad they were there. This may be the case for the iPhone 6, who knows? :)

But, like pr1nce said, just a few more days and then we'll know :)

Am I the only one here who never read anything like that about the iPhone 4?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible Apple would release such an ugly design ? Is it just me ?

I think we may have another iPhone 4S situation on our hands. Everyone got so caught up in that god awful supposed iPhone 5 design with an oval home button that had a touch sensor in it, and a slanted macbook air like shape. Nobody realized that there might be a 4S instead of a 5. They also compared it to the iPod Touch, just like they are doing with this one.
iphone5-2-500x211.jpg iphone5-4-500x375.jpg

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I think we may have another iPhone 4S situation on our hands. Everyone got so caught up in that god awful supposed iPhone 5 design with an oval home button that had a touch sensor in it, and a slanted macbook air like shape. Nobody realized that there might be a 4S instead of a 5. They also compared it to the iPod Touch, just like they are doing with this one.
View attachment 64042 View attachment 64043
This is actually a great point... I think Apple has something special in store that we have no idea about for this phone.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
What harms it for me is that there's no glass panel on the back like the 5/5s. I don't like the antennas and them not filling in the color around the camera.

@matthewjagiela: We've seen leaks of the 5 & 5s design and they turned out to be the real thing. I have no doubt it will be the same with the 6 on Tuesday.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine will be in a case anyway. But they should blend the colors where it won't be so Wal-Mart looking. I think y'all will like what you see Tuesday!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW