Will you purchase your iPhone 6 from the carrier store or do it online.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I was thinking about when the iPhone 6 is released at Verizon should I go my local retail store or just order it online.

The reason I am thinking about that is there are some news articles about individuals that are going to stand inline a couple days before. I was actually really surprised. I was thinking that I would just go to the retail store and get the mobile. The news makes me think it will be a mad house for a couple of days.

Your opinion?

Thanks,
A.B.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't made out my game plan. I'll probably know what I'll do after the Keynote. Hopefully they'll do preorders again this year so that I'll have it on release day. No need to wait at the store or wait months for back orders.

People have started lining up already in NYC.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking their maybe preorder also. Some still are planning to wait in a line for there mobile. Do they think they will get some free stuff at the store? Not sure what is the deal with getting the iPhone 6 at the store on the day of release

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The best way is to buy using the Apple Store App. Just enter your info, including your carrier.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I plan on camping out but nothing crazy. Usually show up around midnight with 15 to 20 people in front of me. As long as the weather is not horrible. The experience is fun. You won't catch me out there for more then 10 hours though.. If I was you however, I would hope for a pre-order. Thats the best bet. Second best would be going to your carrier in my opinion. Depending on where you are the buzz is less at carrier stores. However they also almost always have less phones. You've got some time.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will order from apple.com on Oct 1. Use my Discover Card for 5% Cash back. Since I will be paying full retail, the 5% cash back will be $40 or more.

I would like to order earlier but the cash back offer doesn't start until Oct 1.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I need to try to get it as soon as possible. My wife has a Samsung GS3 and hates it (RF sucks, performance is bad after they updated to 4.3). I am going to give her my Lumia Icon (which I actually love) and I will get the iPhone 6 for work.

I have been holding her off as long as I could. Latest issue with her phone was that I have to do a factory reset to get the GPS to work again.

A.B.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
All else fails hang out in the parking lot and look for the person with the big Orchard grin on there face and offer them 125% what they paid for it

I heard it working in the past

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'll either buy it from the Apple Store and have the staff install the screen protector or if they can't legally install the screen protector then I'll buy the phone at the Verizon store or I'll buy the phone at the Apple Store and go to the Verizon store and have them install the screen protector.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm ordering online.. I don't do those crazy crowds.. I just ordered a MacBook Pro also so I'll be playing around on that until I get the iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why is that the best way? Could you explain more?
Can be done in one minute of preorders being taken and is faster than ordering on the Apple website. This is if you wish not to stand in line at a store on launch day.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Camping out at 6-7 PM the night before at my local Apple Store. Should be enough for me to be first in line! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh