Have you sold your current iPhone yet and if so how much did you get?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Apple offered $310 for my 5S 16GB Space Gray on Verizon for an iTunes gift card (locked for 14 days), VZW $300 VZW gift card that I can use to pay my service (locked for 30 days), and Gazelle offered $300 via check (locked till 10/10). I think I will just go with one of them and avoid the hassles you all have had.

I think Verizon's 300$ trade in thing is if u sign a new contract I thought I read something about that in small print. My question for anyone is can u sign ur contract someone else and let them get iPhone six and pay the bill so it's like the contract is in there name but like I'm using it / paying for it ? If that makes any sense

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I think Verizon's 300$ trade in thing is if u sign a new contract I thought I read something about that in small print. My question for anyone is can u sign ur contract someone else and let them get iPhone six and pay the bill so it's like the contract is in there name but like I'm using it / paying for it ? If that makes any sense

My offered requires no new contract. It is a simple trade-in offer and their trade-in site without a promo attached.

But I applied and accepted the offer before the announcement of the new iPhones, so that pricing may not be available anymore without a promotion. I think the current promotion requires purchase of a new iPhone 6 or 6+.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't listed mine yet, but I have a 5S practically brand new (has been kept in a life proof case since day 1) so no scratches or anything on it. Have a couple extra cases I am going to throw in with it. It is 64gb so hoping I can get $500 or so for it. I already have the iPhone 6 paid for, so whatever I make from the 5S will go into my 6S/7 fund lol

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Sold my iphone 5 32gb unlocked for $335 on ebay, Gazelle offered 190... RIP OFF ALERT ??
I'll ship it tomorrow ..

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 5 a few months ago on Swappa.com (Way better than eBay and cheaper seller fees) for around $270-$300 i think.. it was only a 16GB so i think i made some sort of profit off it.

But like another user said i don't see how you guys are selling your phones for $500 right now. These ppl buying it must not know the new one is right around the corner for another hundred dollars they can have a iPhone 6.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought my current sprint iPhone 5s 16 gb gold for 250 on Craigslist a couple of months ago. It's in perfect condition, great price.

Sprint is offering 351 for it, and at least 200 for an iPhone 4. Check them out if you have sprint

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
No offense to anyone but I think some of y'all are asking WAY to much for used iPhone 5s. Even if they are in excellent condition, $430-700 ( even with cases, headphones etc) is rip off. Who in their right mind would pay that much for an iphone 5 or 5S when they could just use that money to buy an iPhone 6 or 6+?

If I am not mistaken, you can get iphone 5S next to nothing now with carrier contract renewals etc.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've always stuck with Ebay and again I will go that route. My iPhone sold for $500, 4S also sold for the same price, Ebay does take a 10% fee and PayPal has a charge for there services but even after the fees you still walk out with more than what Gazelle and any other carrier is offering.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
No offense to anyone but I think some of y'all are asking WAY to much for used iPhone 5s. Even if they are in excellent condition, $430-700 ( even with cases, headphones etc) is rip off. Who in their right mind would pay that much for an iphone 5 or 5S when they could just use that money to buy an iPhone 6 or 6+?

If I am not mistaken, you can get iphone 5S next to nothing now with carrier contract renewals etc.

I would never pay that for a used, older model phone. But as long as others are willing, there is a market for it. A fool and his/her money are soon parted!

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Craig's list is joke, I have my 16gb iPhone Verizon locked on there for make a offer realistically I would take anything over 350$ the highest offer I had was 200$ I think ill low for in new condition iPhone 5s

I HATE CraigsList. Every single time I put anything on there I receive an email from a person that wanting to offer me 200% more for my item and that they need my PayPal address and for me to ship the phone for there kid that's going to school abroad LOL.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

If someone is willing to pay then it isn't asking too much.

I think the point is that some people don't want a contract or that these phones are likely making there way overseas.

32gb iPhone 5s (no more 64gb) new is $600 without a contract through apple. So if you can get a used one for less then yes your saving money.

Every time I've sold one of my iphones the person who has bought it usually is buying tons of iphones so I'm assuming they must be getting a ton in whatever foreign country my phone is getting sent to.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

some people dont want a contract, for example some have older plans that are better then new ones and if they upgrade they lose it. I had someone willing buy mine for 400 untill i found out that walmart and verizon only two places i have hear to buy a iphone said they are only getting about 6 in at walmart, and verizon said maybe 12. i declined it sadly i was going sell it. some people dont care about price if they dont sign contract. if they bought a iphone 6 on contract it would cost them around 200, and they have to have there contracted updated.

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone recycle their phone through Apple? Thinking of taking their gift card and getting a Bose Bluetooth speaker for free. Avoid the hassle.

iPhonesabog

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
nope I just gave it to my niece, I was planning to trade or sold it first but decided to give it .. and bought the new iPhone 6

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I think I will just turn my 4s into Verizon for the $200... doubt I can get more than that for that model. Well, its not $200 cash, I think they give you verizon cards to use to pay your bill. So they Get. It. Right. Back.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

Idiotic. So much so that explaining it would probably get lost with you.

On a side note I finally sold my 5S today. Guy showed up at my carrier store to check it against blacklists, etc. And did try bargaining me down. I held my temper and thanked him for his interest and walked off. He stopped me halfway and said he would pay me my asking. I was almost tempted to say I was not interested in selling it to him but I took the cash and moved on. CL... Ugh.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73