Need Someone to Update Me Who Won't Yell at Me for Not Searching

JulesJam

Banned
Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If you don't want to update me or you just want to yell at me for not searching, please move on.

I need to flip an iPhone 6 before Oct.1 to get back on contract so that I won't be throttled on Verizon. These are my questions (and I know no one knows for sure, just give my your best guess and if you have the time, why you think that).

1) Which do you think will have higher resale profit at launch - the 4.7" or 5.5"?

2) What color do you think will have the higher resale profit?

3) Will the release date be the 9th for both sizes or are there production problems that will delay the release of the 5.5"?

4) Has Bestbuy.com ever shipped iPhones to home and if so, are they usually available soon after release and if so, how soon?

Thanks to all who attempt to help me.

Last edited:

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't know how to reasonably respond to most of your questions, but the one thing I am pretty sure of is that you will not be able to snag and sell a 5.5" iPhone until October. Theyll be either impossibly rare or just not sold at this point (probably the latter, 2015 or end of year is much more likely).
Oh and as for the colour question, probably gold yielding the most, but that's just based on 5S sales.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
1. 5.5" for sure
2. I guess gold but it wont have that much more resale value over other colors if any at all.
3. Release date will not be the 9th. That for the keynote. Release will most likely be that Friday or the following Friday.
4.dunno

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS

JulesJam

Banned
Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't know how to reasonably respond to most of your questions, but the one thing I am pretty sure of is that you will not be able to snag and sell a 5.5" iPhone until October. Theyll be either impossibly rare or just not sold at this point (probably the latter, 2015 or end of year is much more likely).
OK gtk, I have another upgrade available on another line in Jan 2015, I will save that for the larger iPhone.

Oh and as for the colour question, probably gold yielding the most, but that's just based on 5S sales.
Are there any new colors rumored? Seems like the new colors seem to be in hottest demand.

JulesJam

Banned
Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
1. 5.5" for sure
2. I guess gold but it wont have that much more resale value over other colors if any at all.
3. Release date will not be the 9th. That for the keynote. Release will most likely be that Friday or the following Friday.
4.dunno
Thanks, if the 5.5" is released in September, then I will try to get that one, but sounds like that is very unlikely.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
5.5" in gold would probably have the most resale value, but the 5.5" is rumored to launch later. I'd go with a 4.7" in gold if you absolutely had to turn around and sell it, it should still sell for quite a lot.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
1.) Might as well ask a magic 8 ball...and there's nothing to base any historic values on in a two size release so your pie in the sky guess is as good as mine.

2.) Might as well ask a magic 8 ball...and since there has been no official announcement of any color options at all, your pie in the sky guess is as good as mine.

3.) Might as well ask a magic 8 ball...and since there have been no official announcements on any production issues or release dates, your pie in the sky guess is as good as mine.

4.) Best Buy typically handles smart phones by in store order and then in store pick up ONLY. How soon? Might as well ask a magic 8 ball...since Best Buy has no official information regarding the iPhone 6 and the process or ordering such through Best Buy, your pie in the sky guess is as good as mine.

JulesJam

Banned
Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
5.5" in gold would probably have the most resale value, but the 5.5" is rumored to launch later. I'd go with a 4.7" in gold if you absolutely had to turn around and sell it, it should still sell for quite a lot.
Do you think I could get full retail for it? It will be a verizon, which is GSM SIM unlocked.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you think I could get full retail for it? It will be a verizon, which is GSM SIM unlocked.

Flipping phones for a profit or to break in strictly depends on the supply of the devices...historically this has lead to major profits to be had shortly after release because of a lack of supply, but there's never a guarantee this will happen, and we won't know what kind of demand/supply there is until the ordering begins.

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Posting threads on iMore is a serious business. I know it seemed to you like they were joking and you tried to join in, but the 8 ball is like an oracle around these parts, so you are cruising for a lynching. You can easily make a forumite look stupid, but never offend the 8.