iPhone 6 Camera Ring, An Accessory Feature? Or a failure

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I know we don't know the ins-and-out that is until Sep. 9th but, if the Camera Ring is in fact protruding from the final design what does this mean?

Is the camera ring a accessory feature possibly such as an attachable lens'? Image Stabilization? Wider Lens'? or is this Apple once again trying to make the thinnest phone on the market and this is the out come (camera ring) of doing do?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Again the rumored photos making there way around the net are not from Apple so we have no concrete way of knowing the finished product until the Apple event on the 9th

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I know its all speculation right now, I stated that above, but if leaked photos are true to finished product does that hurt the iPhone 6 if the protruding camera only cosmetic and doesn't serve a purpose?

For me I do tons of photography with my iPhone so a detachable lens from a Non-third-party vendor would fantastic. The camera ring wont stop me from purchasing the 6 but it would confuse me to as why it would be done in the first place. I think the 5s is thin enough.

10 out of 10 times the people I speak to want a better camera, better battery life, bigger screen. I've never heard anyone say " I wish it was thinner".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It makes sense if the thinner iPhone 6 leaks are true. It?s difficult to shrink down a camera sensor. Regardless, it won't affect sales. I'm still upgrading either way.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

cbobb123

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
If the leaks are true then I find it silly. They could of just added a few mm and make the camera flush with the design.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the protruding camera doesn't bother me. I will use a case, so the ring won't effect how the phone sits on a table or anything. :)

Frenzytom

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Apple will come out with a series of covers to offset the camera protrusion. Cash in on those who think it is a unsound design choice.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I love how the 5/5S rests on a table, it's incredibly elegant and just so even. I actually think that the slightest bump will annoy me big time, I know how ridiculous this sounds but that tiny detail will make it look like any other smartphone when sitting somewhere. I will either have to get a case that evens this out or just go with the 5S until they have maybe found a way to shrink the lense too (on the 6S?).

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
More than that I am bothered about the ram upgrade and features. Design I am sure Apple will do its best and it will be elegant.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
If the iPhone 6 looks like the leaks, with the strange plastic lining for antenna, the protruding camera, I would find it very ugly. I sincerely hope the leaks are off base somewhat.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
*IF* that is the final design then I would want to know the reason behind it. That said, it doesn't matter to me. It would only matter if it impedes the correct functionality of the camera.
As far as aesthetics, my device will go from the box to a case. So it's irrelevant.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
*IF* that is the final design then I would want to know the reason behind it. That said, it doesn't matter to me. It would only matter if it impedes the correct functionality of the camera.
As far as aesthetics, my device will go from the box to a case. So it's irrelevant.

Same for me. I pull it out of the box and slap it into a case. But, I still want it to look aesthetically pleasing when I do pull it out or if I decided to go case-less :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. I pull it out of the box and slap it into a case. But, I still want it to look aesthetically pleasing when I do pull it out or if I decided to go case-less :)

Oh baby my lesson learned on my sexy red SGIII....I took it out of its case because I loved the red colour and I dropped it!!!! Screen has HUGE cracks all over it. I'd cry if that happened to my iPhone!!!!! I've never used my iPhone without a case.

So because I always use a case the camera ring, if it protrudes, is not at all am issue for me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I know we don't know the ins-and-out that is until Sep. 9th but, if the Camera Ring is in fact protruding from the final design what does this mean?

Is the camera ring a accessory feature possibly such as an attachable lens'? Image Stabilization? Wider Lens'? or is this Apple once again trying to make the thinnest phone on the market and this is the out come (camera ring) of doing do?

I put my phone in a case so wouldn't bother me too much. Now that being said, it would annoy me probably for the first day or so without a case when setting it down.