• Undecided

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Not buying

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
As long as the specs are broadly the same. By that I mean as long as the 5.5" hasn't got way better internals then I will go for the 4.7". If the 5.5" does, then I shall have to re-evaluate my position. I am very hesitant in getting the 5.5" as I know what a pain in the proverbial my Note 3 was to use.

Thank goodness they pulled a motorola, and made each size the same, except for the OIS.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching back to Apple. My Mac arrives tomorrow, and I'm thinking of getting the 4.7 inch model, the 5.5 is too big for me. Some questions though, and if you answer them, it would make my day and love you.

First, I'm deciding between Space Grey and Silver. Which one should I get? I feel gold looks ugly on these new iPhones, and silver looks best, but I like a darker back color.

Second, how do I order it online so I get it on release day? If I ship it to my house and I make the first batch of orders, do I receive it release day or it ships release day? Would it be better to order it to the store? Does this apply to ordering it from both the Apple and AT&T store?

Third, what's the best protection? The Apple cases don't seem to do much. I want a good looking case and protective (hard shell maybe?), but still THIN and hopefully light.

Thanks you guys. :)

pommes

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm staying with my 5s for the moment but if I had to choose I would pick 4.7" space grey, I just love how iOS 7 and 8 look on a dark phone ! If I had to choose a white option it would be silver, I'm not a big fan of the gold iPhone 6. That being said, my choices could change once I'll see them in the store.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure yet. I'm leaning towards 4.7 but I'm still waiting for the announcement to make a decision.

Since the announcement my decision has changed. I just don't think 326ppi is enough on a 4.7" device. I can't stand huge phones but I'll deal. I'm not use to having phone for more than a year so sticking to my 5S, as my daily driver, isn't an option.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Since the announcement my decision has changed. I just don't think 326ppi is enough on a 4.7" device. I can't stand huge phones but I'll deal. I'm not use to having phone for more than a year so sticking to my 5S, as my daily driver, isn't an option.

Not to try and sway you in any direction as I myself am completely on the fence between the two, but I've seen three hands-on videos now where they mentioned that they couldn't tell the difference between the 326ppi and 401ppi. They could tell the difference for sure when compared to the 5S, but not between each other. Found that interesting.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm switching back to Apple. My Mac arrives tomorrow, and I'm thinking of getting the 4.7 inch model, the 5.5 is too big for me. Some questions though, and if you answer them, it would make my day and love you.

First, I'm deciding between Space Grey and Silver. Which one should I get? I feel gold looks ugly on these new iPhones, and silver looks best, but I like a darker back color.

Second, how do I order it online so I get it on release day? If I ship it to my house and I make the first batch of orders, do I receive it release day or it ships release day? Would it be better to order it to the store? Does this apply to ordering it from both the Apple and AT&T store?

Third, what's the best protection? The Apple cases don't seem to do much. I want a good looking case and protective (hard shell maybe?), but still THIN and hopefully light.

Thanks you guys. :)
Color is totally subjective. It all comes down to what YOU like best. I had a white 4S and really liked it. Went with slate/black for the i5, and kinda miss the clean, sharp, white. So for me, it's silver/white.

Pre-orders will open at 12:01am Pacific Daylight Time (US) on Friday (adjust accordingly for your local time zone). You can start the refresh/wait/refresh/wait process then. I pre-ordered my 4S and it took maybe 30-40 minutes to get through the order via the Apple Store online. Apple launched the sales page a bit late, and there are more than a few anxious customers trying to pre-order as well, so you have to be patient and Just. Keep. Trying. It's a matter of refreshing the page and being persistent if you get some time-outs or other errors. If you get an order in, it will be delivered on the 19th.

I carried my 4S and 5 naked, so I can't comment on cases but there are already some other threads on that topic which will hopefully help you out there.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
There should be another option for both - getting 4.7" Silver for personal and 5.5" Space Gray as an upgrade from work.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Color is totally subjective. It all comes down to what YOU like best. I had a white 4S and really liked it. Went with slate/black for the i5, and kinda miss the clean, sharp, white. So for me, it's silver/white.

Pre-orders will open at 12:01am Pacific Daylight Time (US) on Friday (adjust accordingly for your local time zone). You can start the refresh/wait/refresh/wait process then. I pre-ordered my 4S and it took maybe 30-40 minutes to get through the order via the Apple Store online. Apple launched the sales page a bit late, and there are more than a few anxious customers trying to pre-order as well, so you have to be patient and Just. Keep. Trying. It's a matter of refreshing the page and being persistent if you get some time-outs or other errors. If you get an order in, it will be delivered on the 19th.

I carried my 4S and 5 naked, so I can't comment on cases but there are already some other threads on that topic which will hopefully help you out there.

Thanks! The space grey is a bit different compared to the slate black on the first 5. I'm glad if we order it with the first batch, we get it on release date. It's the same if we order it with at&t, right?

And I can't seem to find the threads that talk about cases. Could I have a link instead?

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! The space grey is a bit different compared to the slate black on the first 5. I'm glad if we order it with the first batch, we get it on release date. It's the same if we order it with at&t, right?

And I can't seem to find the threads that talk about cases. Could I have a link instead?
I haven't ordered from my carrier before (ATT also), but I think that submitting an order through their site should also get your phone delivered on the 19th. FWIW, I called ATT yesterday to confirm my upgrade eligibility, and the phone rep sounded less than 100% sure about when they'd have the 6s available for order. To be safe I'd order through Apple - either the iOS Apple Store app or the full website.

As for cases, here are a couple of links. The first one is specifically for 6+ cases, but my money says any vendor that has a 6+ case will also offer a case for the 6.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plus/298113-iphone-6-plus-cases-available.html

http://forums.imore.com/accessories/296513-whos-ready-iphone-6-cases-2.html

Hope this helps!

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't ordered from my carrier before (ATT also), but I think that submitting an order through their site should also get your phone delivered on the 19th. FWIW, I called ATT yesterday to confirm my upgrade eligibility, and the phone rep sounded less than 100% sure about when they'd have the 6s available for order. To be safe I'd order through Apple - either the iOS Apple Store app or the full website.

As for cases, here are a couple of links. The first one is specifically for 6+ cases, but my money says any vendor that has a 6+ case will also offer a case for the 6.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plus/298113-iphone-6-plus-cases-available.html

http://forums.imore.com/accessories/296513-whos-ready-iphone-6-cases-2.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all your help! The reason why I have to order it from the carrier is because I'm on a business plan, which means we can only buy our phones from the carrier. If there is a way to get them to allow it, PLEASE let me know!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I saw the keynote yesterday and was very impressed with the. New iPhones that are going to be coming out. The weird thing is, I'm not going to get one this time. I thought all of the improvements were great. And it looks like a really awesome iPhone. But I love my 5S and I won't be upgrading. This is the first time that I won't be looking to upgrade when a new iPhone has come out.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Currently 4S black. I was going to try to hold out to the 6S- but- I want one too much. I think I will go see them in person, though, before I decide. I thought the 6P would be too big, but after printing the cut-out- I'm not so sure. I really wish there was something like a black/gold option. I wouldn't like a white phone, but the metal accents would be cool.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm going for the 6. I do not want any phone that's bigger than the note. Currently using the LG G3 and this pushes me to the edge as it is. 4.7 screen size has been a sweet spot for me. And of course the 6+ has some better specs. Its a obsolete. That would be like expecting the gs5 to have the same special s as the mote series if the same year.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73