iPhone 6 4.7 will be my first iPhone. Help decide the Apps and Accessories I should get

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I decided with this forums help that I will get and iPhone 6 4.7? for my first iPhone.

Since I never had an iPhone and have no idea what would be the best accessories or apps to get to fully enjoy my new mobile. I thought I would ask the iMore and its large community what they would recommend so I can make my transition from another smartphone easier (Wow, long winded sentence).

Thanks,
A.B.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's a hard question to answer without knowing your smartphone needs. Having said that, iOS 8 May be sufficient as-is in addition to the Windows apps you mentioned in your other thread. Anyway, some of my favorite apps are as follows:

Reeder 2
Tapatalk
Clear and/or Any.Do
DataVault
Tweetbot 3
Dropbox
Drafts
iA Writer
Writing Aid
PDF Expert
Scanner Pro
Documents by Readdle
....to name a few...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What are your interests? What do you see yourself doing on your iPhone? Business? Games? Photography? Social media?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to be open to any new or possibly additional activities I may be able to use with IOS. I will be downloading all the Microsoft apps (big user of them) I have used with my other platform. iPhone 6 being new to me also has new possibilities.

I am a runner, biker, camper, and etc…….

I have looked at Amazon and Ottobox already has a case for it. Not sure if that would be a good case (looks heavy).

Thanks,
A.B.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Never really did social media, but may try some associated with my outside activities. Photography is always important with a father of 2.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Never really did social media, but may try some associated with my outside activities. Photography is always important with a father of 2.
Buy Camera+. It's great for editing and enhancing photos. Phonto is great for writing text on photos.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
For the accessories portion, I would recommend an official Apple iPhone 6 case. The offer good protection, a great fit, and great build quality.

Apps wise, I would recommend:
-Passible: Password manager application
-Find My iPhone: If you choose to use iCloud and you end up losing your phone, this will help you find it :)
-Flipboard: Magazine-like app that allows you to connect any social networks of your choice and find any topics that interest you (running, camping etc) and have it all in one handy magazine format.

That's about it, but if I think of any others, I'll post them :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore AB Lambert

It's always recommended to familiarize yourself with the OS first and then build up your apps according to your needs

The App Store is large so think about buying the largest capacity you can afford

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Apple_iOS,

The Find My iPhone sounds like a good feature. Do I need any other HW (Mac or iPad)?

A.B.

As long as you have an iPhone with iCloud turned on, you can track it from any device, whether it is a PC, Mac, iPad, or iPod touch. On PC, go to iCloud.com and login. From there it will track your devices and show where they are.

So the short answer is yes, you do have to have another device, and it can be either a PC, Mac, iPad, or iPod touch :)

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't it be more sensible to wait until the specs, price, release date, appearance, and so on of the new iPhone are known before making a decision?

I'm not saying the new iPhone will be bad, but I don't see how you can possibly make any worthwhile judgement yet.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
As long as you have an iPhone with iCloud turned on, you can track it from any device, whether it is a PC, Mac, iPad, or iPod touch. On PC, go to iCloud.com and login. From there it will track your devices and show where they are.

So the short answer is yes, you do have to have another device, and it can be either a PC, Mac, iPad, or iPod touch :)

Nice. Definitely something to use

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
since its about iPhone we can definitely judge it as good as before. right?

I assume you are being sarcastic, right?

I'm sorry but I don't understand why anyone would decide to buy a product before they know its specs, price, appearance, etc. Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying the iPhone 6 (if that is the next version) won't be good. It may well be, but I don't see any advantage in prejudging it before any facts are known.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to be open to any new or possibly additional activities I may be able to use with IOS. I will be downloading all the Microsoft apps (big user of them) I have used with my other platform. iPhone 6 being new to me also has new possibilities.

I am a runner, biker, camper, and etc…….

I have looked at Amazon and Ottobox already has a case for it. Not sure if that would be a good case (looks heavy).

Thanks,
A.B.

Check out Fitbit.

Also I'm addicted to My Fitness Pal.

Those are good apps for fitness enthusiasts.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I assume you are being sarcastic, right?

I'm sorry but I don't understand why anyone would decide to buy a product before they know its specs, price, appearance, etc. Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying the iPhone 6 (if that is the next version) won't be good. It may well be, but I don't see any advantage in prejudging it before any facts are known.

I've found that an over reliance on biggest specs usually denotes hidden deficiencies. Performance is very often preferable to big specs.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711