should I get and iPhone 6 4.7? or an Android?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All,
I am going with the iPhone 6. I research more on Android than IOS because I had a feeling I would go with the iPhone 6.

You guys just help confirm that.

Plus my buddy who has been working for Google in Texas for the last 6 years uses an iPhone for his personal mobile, but would not tell me why other than send me a link that discussed how the FBI can turn on the mobiles mic on the ?BRG? website. Also, another from business week website that discuss how NSA contributed enhancement to Android open-source program, but never mentioned that it did not include it in Googles private development branch for commercial use. May or may not be true, but it did not make me feel positive.

My buddy is a paranoid person so I had to remember were the information comes from.

My IT person just told me this morning that our carrier is expecting a new mobile (does not know from who) in the middle of next month, but they would not confirm it. She is pretty good at getting the correct information.

I will start a new thread on what accessories and apps I should be ready to download (other than all the Microsoft ones). I might as well us all the experience of the users on the forum.

I really appreciate your time and help.

A.B.

You're very welcome.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
All,
I am going with the iPhone 6. I research more on Android than IOS because I had a feeling I would go with the iPhone 6.

You guys just help confirm that.

Plus my buddy who has been working for Google in Texas for the last 6 years uses an iPhone for his personal mobile, but would not tell me why other than send me a link that discussed how the FBI can turn on the mobiles mic on the “BRG” website. Also, another from business week website that discuss how NSA contributed enhancement to Android open-source program, but never mentioned that it did not include it in Googles private development branch for commercial use. May or may not be true, but it did not make me feel positive.

My buddy is a paranoid person so I had to remember were the information comes from.

My IT person just told me this morning that our carrier is expecting a new mobile (does not know from who) in the middle of next month, but they would not confirm it. She is pretty good at getting the correct information.

I will start a new thread on what accessories and apps I should be ready to download (other than all the Microsoft ones). I might as well us all the experience of the users on the forum.

I really appreciate your time and help.

A.B.

GREAT choice, now that's settled, which color are you getting (smile). Congrats on your decision. For ME, in "real world" everyday usage iOS is second to none. Once again..."IT JUST WORKS"

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
qbnkelt,

I asked IT and they refused to get in a religious discussion with me. We are and small engineering company with a lot of young professional who are split in the middle. For some reason the relationship with there mobile is there primary relationship. All they would say was Motorola (Moto X) had the biggest issue with connectivity in the office, but a firmware update may have fixed it.

A.B.

That's too bad. They would have the best information.

Of wait I read the rest...... Nevermind....

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
So your options are:
- A phone that doesn't exist, or
- A phone that might be anything between a $50 unbranded grey import to an HTC One M8.

To be honest, I don't think you're going to get any useful advice based on that. But for what it's worth, I'm very happy with my Moto G, and you can spend the huge amount of money you save over the iPhone on something more interesting like a short holiday or 100 books.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
So your options are:
- A phone that doesn't exist, or
- A phone that might be anything between a $50 unbranded grey import to an HTC One M8.

To be honest, I don't think you're going to get any useful advice based on that. But for what it's worth, I'm very happy with my Moto G, and you can spend the huge amount of money you save over the iPhone on something more interesting like a short holiday or 100 books.

Some are willing to pay for the best because they want to. Not all of us want the low end experience of the Moto G, even though it is a decent phone. It isn't worth it for some of us to spend like $200-300, we'd rather just pay a lot and have a really nice phone.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Some are willing to pay for the best because they want to. Not all of us want the low end experience of the Moto G, even though it is a decent phone. It isn't worth it for some of us to spend like $200-300, we'd rather just pay a lot and have a really nice phone.

Man you couldn't pay me $300 to use a moto g, let alone buy one with my own money

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Man you couldn't pay me $300 to use a moto g, let alone buy one with my own money

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS
Do not know about the G but i paid $400 for my Moto X and have no regrets. I now have a Nexus 7 tablet and really enjoy it.

My iPhone 5s and my iPad Air play quite nicely with my Androids as does my Mac. Maybe I am OS Agnostic. Lol

In any case the OP appears to have decided on the iPhone 6.

Good luck OP and I hope you enjoy iOS :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I think it depends on what kind experience you want. There are some people who really don't do a whole lot with their smartphones. I can see them thinking that the iPhone isn't worth the money. Then there are people who use their smartphones for everything and an awesome user experience is paramount. It is attractive to know that I can buy a Moto G, an Acer C720, and a Galaxy Tab 4 for less than the price of a 16GB iPhone 5S. So it really depends on what experience you are looking for and what you are willing to pay.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You said all you were getting at work was fanatical opinions and advice...but truthfully, that's all you're getting here too.

How a person could make a final decision on a device that isn't even on the market yet is pretty silly to me...you've got to try these phones out, get a feel for them at least on a basic level before properly putting your money towards something you'll really want.

My brother in law was a die hard Android device fan...he probably owned every major top tier Android based phone that was released since 2010. He never once tried the iPhone, and bought into the Android ecosystem based on what he had read online about the iPhone being a "simpleton" experience. He was the guy that called the iPhone a terrible, underdeveloped piece of trash...we had many debates over this, but I always just let him enjoy his choice.

Last year he bought the iPhone 5S to experience the other side so he would define his preference...and guess what? He was actually angry that he listened to the hype and tool this long to switch over...he now prefers the iPhone without hesitation, and said that had he known the experience was this good or better in the past (depending on your iOS 7 opinion), he would have switched years ago.

Just goes to show...don't buy something because other people tell you it's awesome. You might hate the iPhone experience, and running head first into the iPhone 6 without true user experience with the iPhone is just dumb in my opinion.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
You will learn very quickly who not to waste your time paying attention to around here. This would be a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I'm not sure if that comment was aimed at me, but I certainly hope not as I was merely offering my opinion in a respectful and relevant way, while pointing out that the question was too open to be answerable.

I will defend the Moto G. For day to day use it's every bit as good as the iPhone 5C, and in some respects it's better (especially that large screen). Whether you think it's worth spending four times as much to get an Apple device, and whether that is a significant amount of money for you, is for you to decide.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if that comment was aimed at me, but I certainly hope not as I was merely offering my opinion in a respectful and relevant way, while pointing out that the question was too open to be answerable.

I will defend the Moto G. For day to day use it's every bit as good as the iPhone 5C, and in some respects it's better (especially that large screen). Whether you think it's worth spending four times as much to get an Apple device, and whether that is a significant amount of money for you, is for you to decide.

There's nothing worse than a troll that can't/won't own up to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner